Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I won't queue AP any longer, that's for sure. I've played six games thus far, and they've all been more fun than my average AP game. Good stuff.
    AP was a trash mode in dota1, I've been waiting for it to die a horrible, painful death since I got into this beta some year ago. AR or RD are the only ways to play pubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Just do what we always do and blame the trees for not staying still. I still fuck up Clockwerk hooks pretty often because in HoN it was easymode and would pass through non-hero units and allies (and had a projectile faster than the speed of light with next to no cast animation.)
    Oddly enough I have trouble landing Clockwerk's hook because it's so fast. Pudge's hook is nice and slow so it's easy to lead targets with, but Clockwerk's is so fast that I can never seem to lead properly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I think the real irony is that the strongest (or most common) argument for people who oppose Valve and previously opposed private ratings was pretty much "you don't want your stats shown because you're trash, just get good instead of crying", which perfectly exemplifies the kind of behavior public stats cause in other games and everyone wants to avoid.

I rejoice at the tears of every wannabe-elitist pouring their rage into the internet right now.
    Yeah, I've already had people go "lol, less than 60% winrate stfu" when I try to explain to them that Vanguard is really bad on ranged heroes. Same shit that happened in SC2, though there it was "rofl not grandmaster stfu scrub."

I dunno. I guess some people have personal lives that are so shit they have to do anything and everything they can to make themselves feel better online.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Oddly enough I have trouble landing Clockwerk's hook because it's so fast. Pudge's hook is nice and slow so it's easy to lead targets with, but Clockwerk's is so fast that I can never seem to lead properly with it.
    try clicking on heroes

it works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I won't queue AP any longer, that's for sure. I've played six games thus far, and they've all been more fun than my average AP game. Good stuff.
    I only played one game and my teammates were all kind of dumb. Enemy team was even more dumb so we still won, but I saw a lot of Vanguards and Sange and Yashas on heroes they oughtn't be bought on.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I don't understand all hate for AP. I am not sure about how AR or SD works but if its just random means they are not balancing the number of support, carry generated somehow than it's as unbalanced as AP. Not to mention there will be tons of "leave"s in mid or low MMRs. Most importantly, some heroes are plain boring to play(imo) and I can't stand playing them. AP is still most interesting mode for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't understand all hate for AP. I am not sure about how AR or SD works but if its just random means they are not balancing the number of support, carry generated somehow than it's as unbalanced as AP. Not to mention there will be tons of "leave"s in mid or low MMRs. Most importantly, some heroes are plain boring to play(imo) and I can't stand playing them. AP is still most interesting mode for me.
    For me, it's two reasons:

First, you see the same heroes every game. Magnus is in literally every AP game I've played since the pros started using him so much, and if he's just a little too strong in pros, he's completely gamebreaking in pubs. You also tend to see a lot of Drow and Viper, since they're so good in pubs. I've also noticed that 4/5 stacks seem to queue for AP so they can pick their perfect little Littlest Pro Team lineups, and that's pretty much un-fun to play against if you aren't a 4/5 stack yourself.

Second, I encounter a lot more Russians, Brazilians/South Americans, and plain ignorant assholes in AP than in RD and SD combined.

Both things mean I avoid that gamemode like the plague. Least Played is basically no different from AP at my level, so I don't touch that either. Jury's still out on AR; I love AR, but if I'm going to continually get idiots that don't know how the game works for teammates/opponents, I'll probably give it a pass, too.

Deleted
    Anyone knows if they ever plan on implementing deathmatch mode? man i used to play -ar dm almost exclusively in dota 1, all random is here, now for the other half!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I think I've seen a Drow in pretty much every single game I've played
    She's always been popular I think, but she's even more popular because she's really strong right now, and very easy to play. Personally I think Viper's the most brainless hero in the game, but Drow isn't terribly far behind.

I still see some AP games without her, but I can't remember seeing an AP game without Magnus in the past couple of weeks. He's just totally gamebreaking in pubs.

Deleted
    Viper with scepter and early yasha is possibly the most hilarious thing to play, the cooldown reduction is pretty neat.

Never played Drow though : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Viper with scepter and early yasha is possibly the most hilarious thing to play, the cooldown reduction is pretty neat.

Never played Drow though : /
    Less broken early game, in exchange for insane farming ability and 1k crits at 30 minutes since pubs typically aren't going to gank you properly.

Deleted
    She's always been popular I think, but she's even more popular because she's really strong right now, and very easy to play. Personally I think Viper's the most brainless hero in the game, but Drow isn't terribly far behind.

I still see some AP games without her, but I can't remember seeing an AP game without Magnus in the past couple of weeks. He's just totally gamebreaking in pubs.
    I rarely ever see Drow when I solo queue. People laugh/flame at you if you pick her. This is on EU West. I also don't see Magnus that often either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I rarely ever see Drow when I solo queue. People laugh/flame at you if you pick her. This is on EU West. I also don't see Magnus that often either.
    me to, and im definitely not as high ranked as you

iv seen a drow a few days ago but i cant even remeber when last time some one picked magnus

I am wondering how many ppl are still playing dota2 since everyones playing LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miumiucat View Post
    I am wondering how many ppl are still playing dota2 since everyones playing LOL
    If we're talking only DotA 2, it has about 3 million monthly active players. LoL has about 32 million last time I checked but it's probably higher now.
    Then we come to the problem of Allstars and China/Korea. As far as I'm aware, DotA 2 is still very limited in China and the monthly active players in LoL includes Korea. If you add the Chinese Allstars market, DotA wins in playercount by a landslide.

Then again, who gives a shit rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    If we're talking only DotA 2, it has about 3 million monthly active players. LoL has about 32 million last time I checked but it's probably higher now.
    Then we come to the problem of Allstars and China/Korea. As far as I'm aware, DotA 2 is still very limited in China and the monthly active players in LoL includes Korea. If you add the Chinese Allstars market, DotA wins in playercount by a landslide.

Then again, who gives a shit rofl.
    Interesting fact: go to lolking.net and check most played heroes and least played heroes for this month
    Most popular is Ezreal with roughly 1 million games
    Least popular is Karma with around 10k games
    This takes into account all games in NA, EUW and EU Nordic & East Servers
    This is hero popularity for the month from Dotabuff 2 weeks ago (sadly I didnt manage to make a screenshot yesterday before they shut down)
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Well, you play at a much higher level than me, so maybe they become less common at higher levels. But then again, high MMR players tend to suck pro dick, and the pros pick Magnus all the time. Weird.

Alchemist is really goddamned fun. Four big items at 30 minutes is hilarious. Good overall skillset, too. Wondering if it's worth sacrificing an item slot for orb of venom, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Interesting fact: go to lolking.net and check most played heroes and least played heroes for this month
    Most popular is Ezreal with roughly 1 million games
    Least popular is Karma with around 10k games
    This takes into account all games in NA, EUW and EU Nordic & East Servers
    This is hero popularity for the month from Dotabuff 2 weeks ago (sadly I didnt manage to make a screenshot yesterday before they shut down)
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mrhDT3a.jpg[IMG]
    I was really really bored and did some maths. Lolking recorded approximately 16143889 champion picks last month, putting it at ~1,614,389 games played the last 30 or so days. Assuming their popularity meter thing works like I think it does.

Why don't they have such info available in their charts anyway? Only showing the top and bottom 6-7 or whatever it was is really shitty.
    Alchemist is really goddamned fun. Four big items at 30 minutes is hilarious. Good overall skillset, too. Wondering if it's worth sacrificing an item slot for orb of venom, though.
    Not really. If your stun + whatever supports you have isn't enough then you're fucked anyhow.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-01-26 at 03:36 PM.

Don't see them that much either, usually only see Magnus/Drow when people random them. I was watching a complete beginner friend play a while ago though, and there was a Drow in every game and she always did great. It was pretty easy to see why, whenever there was a teamfight the Drow was pretty much ignored by her enemies, and went pretty much unnoticed until at least 2 enemies were dead. Being a ranged carry that doesn't need many items to deal damage is unsurprisingly efficient in low level games where people just unleash their arsenal on the first guy that gets close rather than the Drow in the back or sidelines.

Bounty Hunter pickers though, they are annoying. And sometimes hilariously bad, I once randomed Jakiro and bought a Gem before the game even started. It took the guy 7 minutes to realize I had one.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-26 at 05:56 PM.

Really? Well, you play at a much higher level than me, so maybe they become less common at higher levels. But then again, high MMR players tend to suck pro dick, and the pros pick Magnus all the time. Weird.
    Nope, I see Drow all the time.

While randomly looking through games being played, I noticed that on the first few pages, player levels vary by quite a lot. I've seen lvl 60+ as well as few ~30. I assume that's because of MMR but made me wonder nevertheless, how exactly is MMR counted? Obviously can't be only level-related but seeing how whenever I get a good streak, I start to get extremely horrible people in my team, I'm not convinced it's decided by win %.

How then?

On the other note, the amount of people instapicking Drow / Troll these days is indeed hillarious.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2013-01-26 at 06:03 PM.

credits: Supernerd