10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    That simply isn't true, their similarities do not go beyond "Your attacks do more damage".
    Except they do, man. All DD does is add more damage. All Geminate does is add more damage. The way they add it differs a bit, but it's simply more damage in either case since Geminate can't proc effects on the bonus attack.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Except they do, man. All DD does is add more damage. All Geminate does is add more damage. The way they add it differs a bit, but it's simply more damage in either case since Geminate can't proc effects on the bonus attack.
    And an attack with a double damage rune CAN proc modifiers and effects, which is why the analogy ends right there.

that can be said for ALL abilities that give extra damage, does CK get "free DD rune" with his crit too? Does Leoric? If geminate was % based instead of static one per 2,5s, would it stop being free DD rune? All desolate does is add more pure damage, so it essentialy is, too, free DD rune on Spec, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    And an attack with a double damage rune CAN proc modifiers and effects, which is why the analogy ends right there.
    Except so can the initial attack on Geminate. The only difference is in amount of damage dealt, and if both the DD hit and Geminate hit crit, the difference isn't especially massive (DD will be more total damage, but not by an overwhelming amount.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    that can be said for ALL abilities that give extra damage, does CK get "free DD rune" with his crit too? Does Leoric? If geminate was % based instead of static one per 2,5s, would it stop being free DD rune? All desolate does is add more pure damage, so it essentialy is, too, free DD rune on Spec, right?
    Of course not.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Except so can the initial attack on Geminate. The only difference is in amount of damage dealt, and if both the DD hit and Geminate hit crit, the difference isn't especially massive (DD will be more total damage, but not by an overwhelming amount.)
    Even if it's not a huge amount, the difference itself still renders the comparison moot, as there's still a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it's not a huge amount, the difference itself still renders the comparison moot, as there's still a difference.
    So you can't compare a Focus to a Cruze because there's a couple thousand dollars in price difference and a couple points in MPG difference? That's pretty silly logic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Oh, and I've been wondering for a while. What heroes are supposed to carry Shadowblade? Because that item is just too much fun
    Probably anyone that can use all of its features, mostly the attack speed and backstab damage. Since you can use it without breaking channeling spells, it can also be useful for heroes like Witch Doctor, though I think in most cases you're better off just buying a Black King Bar (BKB.)

So you can't compare a Focus to a Cruze because there's a couple thousand dollars in price difference and a couple points in MPG difference? That's pretty silly logic.
    You can certainly compare them. You can't, however, call a Focus a Cruze, simply because they're both cars. While it's true, that's the end of their similarities, really rendering the analogy moot. Both Geminate Attack and a DD rune make your attack hit roughly twice as hard, that's the end of their similarities.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can certainly compare them. You can't, however, call a Focus a Cruze, simply because they're both cars. While it's true, that's the end of their similarities, really rendering the analogy moot. Both Geminate Attack and a DD rune make your attack hit roughly twice as hard, that's the end of their similarities.
    And that was the entire purpose for comparing them - they both effectively make you hit twice every time you attack (/every time Geminate is up.) I never actually said they were the same, just close enough to be analogous.

And that was the entire purpose for comparing them - they both effectively make you hit twice every time you attack (/every time Geminate is up.) I never actually said they were the same, just close enough to be analogous.
    I know, and I feel they're not close enough to be analogous. They both happen to cause your next attack to do roughly double damage, but that's it, in almost every other account, they're different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, and I feel they're not close enough to be analogous. They both happen to cause your next attack to do roughly double damage, but that's it, in almost every other account, they're different.
    I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you, then. I doubt either of us are going to change our mind

Maybe we can agree Troll's ulti is bullshit?

Seems like it's not really dusa's, either. Buriza, Manta, Butterfly, and Linken's and it still felt like she wasn't hitting very hard. Hitting lots of targets for decent damage all at once, but even compared to a Sniper it didn't feel like her damage to individual targets was particularly high. Drow crits for 1000 with only a couple items, Dusa with a nearly full inventory was barely making 750.

If Weaver's strong suit isn't autoattacking, what is it? Besides being a pest.
    Dusa has nothing to increase her rightclick damage, why did you think she would do more damage than drow without rapiers?
    Medusas playstyle is to farm 60 minutes until she has 6 slots (and 2 of those slots are rapiers) and then you just a-click down middle lane and nobody can stop you because you have 10k EHP
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Oh, and I've been wondering for a while. What heroes are supposed to carry Shadowblade? Because that item is just too much fun
    All of them?

Except Bounty Hunter, because that fun was nerfed.

10k EHP as Medusa is not enough.

Also, you guys get into the dumbest arguments, I have to point out.

Also, Hanna, shadow blade is like dashes in English - you don't use them unless you really, really know how to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Dusa has nothing to increase her rightclick damage, why did you think she would do more damage than drow without rapiers?
    Medusas playstyle is to farm 60 minutes until she has 6 slots (and 2 of those slots are rapiers) and then you just a-click down middle lane and nobody can stop you because you have 10k EHP
    I dunno. I guess I just expected more out of having that many items. It just seems like, why pick Medusa when there are other carries that push well and are reasonably hard to kill, but become dangerous much sooner?

I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you, then. I doubt either of us are going to change our mind

Maybe we can agree Troll's ulti is bullshit?
    Indeed, a tip of the hat to you, sir.

And I think I've only really played a few games with troll in it since he came out, and I don't recall the ult being too noticeable, though I suppose it's presence would be much apparent if applied to a void as he chronos, or sven about to go rampaging on you.

I dunno. I guess I just expected more out of having that many items. It just seems like, why pick Medusa when there are other carries that push well and are reasonably hard to kill, but become dangerous much sooner?
    She's not for pubs. You pick her in an organized team where she's played by someone who has godly farming skills and is backed up by a team that can stall for 50 minutes and then she wins the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, a tip of the hat to you, sir.

And I think I've only really played a few games with troll in it since he came out, and I don't recall the ult being too noticeable, though I suppose it's presence would be much apparent if applied to a void as he chronos, or sven about to go rampaging on you.
    I've seen the most impact with it vs towers and such. If you can force the enemy to back off for a few seconds to take a few shots at a tower, your team can use their combined DPS with that 160 IAS to just obliterate a tower in a few seconds.

I've seen the most impact with it vs towers and such. If you can force the enemy to back off for a few seconds to take a few shots at a tower, your team can use their combined DPS with that 160 IAS to just obliterate a tower in a few seconds.
    I'd love to see it combined with a hero that would really get the most out of it, like Tiny, for example. Heck, I could almost see Tiny skipping some attack speed items, and going for pure damage, simply because of the buff troll's ult gives, on such a low cooldown.

Get KotL or shaker, the constant threat of illuminate and fissure is gonna make them think twice about doing such stuff.

I'd love to see it combined with a hero that would really get the most out of it, like Tiny, for example. Heck, I could almost see Tiny skipping some attack speed items, and going for pure damage, simply because of the buff troll's ult gives, on such a low cooldown.
    Had to drop All Pick from AP/AR queue the day after patch when playing with few friends because every other game was against some pro or "pro" stack who would instalock Wisp, Tiny and Troll.

Not surprised they're adding team rankings... though I'm not sure if I'll be able to even use it. Trying to play even semi-seriously in a group with notable skill disparity isn't very fun.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-31 at 12:00 PM.