10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lina is stronger, Lion has a horrible lane because his stun is not actually a stun until level 4. They keep buffing mana drain to give him at least SOME kind of threat during lane phase, otherwise he's about as bad of a lane partner as it gets while still qualifying as support. Lina has damage and that makes her scary, give her a partner with a stun and kills are guaranteed. This is why Lion has the stronger laser beam, he needs it to be equal.

Unfortunately, Lina has a huge skill cap and, while she might be one of the best ints hands down played well, she is rarely played well.
    What're you talkin bout? Lion's stun is about a tenth of a second shorter than Lina's at level 1 and becomes almost twice as long by max level. Targets are in the air for 0.52 sec, and then they're stunned when they land - ends up being about 3 seconds of stun time at level 4 (.52 sec in the air followed by 2.52 sec stun), and if you go with mana drain, you can pretty much spam the hell out of it.

I agree Lion does less damage, but his stun is much easier to use and is in general better than Lina's in most ways, and if you go Mana Drain, it's not something to discount, drains 120 MP/sec at level 4 with pretty much no cd.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Built in sheep is good to. It's just a trade between the two. More dmg vs More control.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, I agree. My point isn't that they're picking good heroes and picking good lanes, it's that they're doing this then being complete fucking twats to people that clearly randomed (since it tells everyone when someone randoms) as if you're something special for winning a game you should've won, anyway.

Them losing a CM rematch (or refusing to play it) just drives the point home - they know they're shit, so why are they running around with that kind of attitude? Hell, even if they were good, why have that kind of attitude? Ain't the point of a game to have fun?
    I have never in my life requested to play a rematch in -cm after getting stomped in a public -ap game. Either way, I can't recall the last time I was stomped and flamed during. I am 100% serious, the most bm I've experienced is someone saying "gg easy" prior to killing our ancient. Besides, it doesn't make sense to call the other team bad as you're probably at the same rating either way.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What're you talkin bout? Lion's stun is about a tenth of a second shorter than Lina's at level 1 and becomes almost twice as long by max level. Targets are in the air for 0.52 sec, and then they're stunned when they land - ends up being about 3 seconds of stun time at level 4 (.52 sec in the air followed by 2.52 sec stun), and if you go with mana drain, you can pretty much spam the hell out of it.

I agree Lion does less damage, but his stun is much easier to use and is in general better than Lina's in most ways, and if you go Mana Drain, it's not something to discount, drains 120 MP/sec at level 4 with pretty much no cd.
    Lina's spells have extremely short cooldowns, long ranges, low mana costs, and relatively high damage for having two nukes at once. Let's not forget that a LSA/slave is basically the same damage as her ult at level 5 and doesn't cost her much. Lion just can't do that. Lina is not about stunning people, Lina is about killing people.

Deleted
    What do you guys think about the new hero performance algorithm? Seems more "correct" at least but still big flaws. Quite sad to see my QoP so low because I consider her my best hero and my Puck at 10 even though I suck with Puck. The score seems to be based on how well you play the hero relative to your other heroes.

seems a bit pointless and redundant to me
    it is just win rate relation between heroes on 10 points scale or im missing something?
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-01 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    seems a bit pointless and redundant to me
    it is just win rate relation between heroes on 10 points scale or im missing something?
    Who knows. But yeah, it doesn't give you much at all. Dunno why they even have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    it doesn't give you much at all.
    yeah, we already had this info before just without fancy bar

old system was giving weird numbers sometimes (as we discussed it here numerous times) but at least i could compare (not super accurate but still) myself to others

but i love new load times ;d
    and i cant wait for this CM set
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-01 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lina's spells have extremely short cooldowns, long ranges, low mana costs, and relatively high damage for having two nukes at once. Let's not forget that a LSA/slave is basically the same damage as her ult at level 5 and doesn't cost her much. Lion just can't do that. Lina is not about stunning people, Lina is about killing people.
    In my experience, Lion is the one hero that just doesn't work at all as solo support. He doesn't do anything without levels and items, he isn't even very threatening on a lane, and without items or points in stats you're lucky to have enough max mana to hex > stun > ulti. Lion's great on a solo lane and he is alright if there is another support to do all the buying, but as solo support/babysit he is about as bad as Omniknight. Lina, on the other hand, does well in almost any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    CM is bad and you should FEEL bad! Her hat isn't even pointy. Why would you play pointless heroes?
    hey!
    Ice is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    CM is bad and you should FEEL bad! Her hat isn't even pointy. Why would you play pointless heroes?
    I think you seriously underestimate CM. She is a great support for low mana STR heroes like Sven and Skeleton King and beyond them her aura is still nice to have. She has a slow and a Stun, and with a bkb can destroy teams that group up or are forced to group via black hole, reversed polarity and with good positioning chrono sphere.

I've personally seen a good player with her go Shadow Blade & bkb and constantly get 3 or 4 kills in team fights. In my opinion, there are no bad heroes, just bad match ups and bad players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    and i cant wait for this CM set
    Bleh. Doesn't really match CM's voice actress at all. She's sounds young and peppy, this one looks older and more like an imperious bitch. The gold is dumb, too... way too ostentatious.

Then again, I think her default look is fine and the only thing that would improve it is a proper pointy witch hat.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I think you seriously underestimate CM. She is a great support for low mana STR heroes like Sven and Skeleton King and beyond them her aura is still nice to have. She has a slow and a Stun, and with a bkb can destroy teams that group up or are forced to group via black hole, reversed polarity and with good positioning chrono sphere.

I've personally seen a good player with her go Shadow Blade & bkb and constantly get 3 or 4 kills in team fights. In my opinion, there are no bad heroes, just bad match ups and bad players.
    Thats nice but the lack of a pointy hat is unacceptable, at least dark seer has a cone head which is close

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Thats nice but the lack of a pointy hat is unacceptable, at least dark seer has a cone head which is close
    then make one... I have the software (Autodesk Maya) to do it... but I can't texture for shit other wise I'd have a whole slew of custom TW gear

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    then make one... I have the software (Autodesk Maya) to do it... but I can't texture for shit other wise I'd have a whole slew of custom TW gear
    I am pretty inept when it comes to anything creative :P if I only I could

That CM set makes her look like some old aunt, doesn't fits her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I am pretty inept when it comes to anything creative :P if I only I could
    Maybe you should watch Anuxinamoon's stream all day every day and hope to pick up some of her skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Maybe you should watch Anuxinamoon's stream all day every day and hope to pick up some of her skill.
    I'm pretty convinced some of us were just born to be gamers and not artists. Even I can't be good at everything.

I hate this new hero performance thingy. What the fuck do I even need the comparison between my own heroes for? It doesn't take a genius to know what heroes do you play better with. With the old one, I could at least compare my performance to others somewhat.

Stupid ass "update".

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even pay attention to that stuff.