Ya the new hero performance thing really threw me off. I really wish I had a way of sorting through them, maybe some more statistical information like (Average amount of GPM) I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie View Post
    Ya the new hero performance thing really threw me off. I really wish I had a way of sorting through them, maybe some more statistical information like (Average amount of GPM) I dunno
    You can always go to dotabuff for that information. Right now the performance bars seem to be mostly about win rate, and as redundant as having a graphic for that is it's still more informative than the old bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You can always go to dotabuff for that information. Right now the performance bars seem to be mostly about win rate, and as redundant as having a graphic for that is it's still more informative than the old bars.
    I'm kind of curious how you could generate a respectable, useful performance graph for a game like Dota. In War3, simply having your winrates in all the various matchups was plenty, because it was 1v1 (Blizzard stupidly removed this feature for SC2.)

But even if it were based off of, like, a team league or something, you'd still have trouble quantifying an individual's contributions. I guess gpm, xpm, and KDA are useful stats to track, but those alone don't indicate doing well or doing poorly... a Profit can afk farm all game and reach excellent xpm/gpm and only engage in favorable fights to receive a great KDA... but still have done nothing useful for his team.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm kind of curious how you could generate a respectable, useful performance graph for a game like Dota. In War3, simply having your winrates in all the various matchups was plenty, because it was 1v1 (Blizzard stupidly removed this feature for SC2.)

But even if it were based off of, like, a team league or something, you'd still have trouble quantifying an individual's contributions. I guess gpm, xpm, and KDA are useful stats to track, but those alone don't indicate doing well or doing poorly... a Profit can afk farm all game and reach excellent xpm/gpm and only engage in favorable fights to receive a great KDA... but still have done nothing useful for his team.
    I still don't buy that Valve would use these stats as an indicator of playing well. It works for certain late-game carries (farm well, don't die, don't lose your base, kill enemy base after 40 minutes), but I'm certain Valve knows just as well as most people posting in this thread that these stats does not imply you are playing the most beneficial way on behalf of your team. After all, they've done more impressive things than accurate performance bars.

These ratings seem more accurate to me, even though there are some discrepancies. I've a maxed performance bar for heroes I haven't been playing all that well: Lich, Viper, Puck, Zeus, Necrolyte (Zefie could probably confirm my Necro plays). At least my Rhasta isn't 5/10 anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does QoP not scale very well? Fun char to play tho.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Is it just me or does QoP not scale very well? Fun char to play tho.
    Of course not, none of her spells scale beyond level 16 and she's not an AGI hero.
    You can try playing her as a rightclick carry since she's ranged an has a low CD blink, but thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Of course not, none of her spells scale beyond level 16 and she's not an AGI hero.
    You can try playing her as a rightclick carry since she's ranged an has a low CD blink, but thats it
    I wonder if he is even worth taking after a few games with her. She reminds me very much about WR just a bit stronger but gets really weak end game..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I wonder if he is even worth taking after a few games with her. She reminds me very much about WR just a bit stronger but gets really weak end game..
    You gotta play your cards well in early and mid game. I usually farm Aghanim asap and then go for dmg items like Desolator, followed by AC or MKB. That way, even in very late game, you're still relevant (more than that actually). Throw in ulti and then right click without even bothering to Scream.

Of course there are multiple ways to build her. The one I described is best used for typical pugs but when playing with friends, going for disable / teamfight items (eg Hex) is better imo.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2013-02-02 at 05:30 PM.

credits: Supernerd

QoP is the type of heroes that secures your win by dominating early and mid game. she is useless late game, but that's why its mostly picked as mid hero and not carry/offlane.

Anyone else thinks that Bloodseeker would see a huge buff if only his cast animation was improved? I mean you see Pudge incoming and you still can't silence him before he eats you because fucking BS has to wave his arms like an idiot before spell actually goes through. I love playing BS but this is driving me insane every time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Anyone else thinks that Bloodseeker would see a huge buff if only his cast animation was improved? I mean you see Pudge incoming and you still can't silence him before he eats you because fucking BS has to wave his arms like an idiot before spell actually goes through. I love playing BS but this is driving me insane every time it happens.
    He'd still have 3 sub par abilities
    All of his abilities are pretty bad and also dont have any synergy

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    He'd still have 3 sub par abilities
    All of his abilities are pretty bad and also dont have any synergy
    Well yeah but still, I think that if he received some QoL changes (like improved cast animation) without really overhauling his abilities, he could be visible outside of -ar or pugs full of Shadow Blades.

That said, I wouldn't mind an overhaul or a rework cause there aren't many heroes I can think of that are shittier than BS when it comes to organized games.

Hey guys I was working on a series for beginners as kind of an introduction to Dota 2. If you could perhaps give me your notes as how to improve them I would greatly appreciate it. If you don't like em let me know as well as well as why.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Also ya, I think BS, might need a silencer treatment in order to make him more polished. He feels a still a little rough imo. Also really easy to shut down with people who know what to do.

BS can permanently silence someone, that's pretty strong. He can prevent someone from moving, also very strong. He's easily one of the best gankers in the game and never has to go home to heal. People need to realize that he's more of a VS character and should not be the hero of the game all on his own.

hahah oh the joy of AR, my 1st SF game EVER
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/115247118
    iv never been carried so hard out of death streak XD
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-02 at 11:14 PM.

Just checked my performance tab since the change. Puck had no bar at all he was so low before the change, he's a 9.5/10 now. Lol'd~

Also, I have about 20 heroes 9-10 and the rest are all around 5. How does that make sense if it's relative to my other heroes? Shouldn't SOMETHING be bad - worse than the rest, in any case? Not sure if I can agree that the new system is at all fair at judging skill, yet.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-02-03 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    BS can permanently silence someone, that's pretty strong. He can prevent someone from moving, also very strong. He's easily one of the best gankers in the game and never has to go home to heal. People need to realize that he's more of a VS character and should not be the hero of the game all on his own.
    But Lysah, they can just TP out so he's useless lololololololol!

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:26 AM ----------

Enk, I've seen people get only 1 pt in Soul Catcher for faster maxed Disruption (I'm not sure which is better, that lower cd on Disruption is pretty sexy), but skipping it entirely is... heh.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Just checked my performance tab since the change. Puck had no bar at all he was so low before the change, he's a 9.5/10 now. Lol'd~

Also, I have about 20 heroes 9-10 and the rest are all around 5. How does that make sense if it's relative to my other heroes? Shouldn't SOMETHING be bad - worse than the rest, in any case? Not sure if I can agree that the new system is at all fair at judging skill, yet.
    To me it seemed like the new bars were mostly about win rates. Which admittedly doesn't say much about skill, so I consider them almost as meaningless as the old ones. Some heroes I know I'm great with have terrible win rates, some I never played much have stellar win rates, and many of my most played heroes sit at negative rate because I always end up picking them when the draft looks dire. But then again I can't really think of a system that would yield much meaningful information, so maybe this is better than nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 06:38 AM ----------

BS is easily the worst hero in the game right now. Even worse than Axe was pre-buffs. While I think every hero is pretty well balanced, BS just seems to be too bad to be allowed, with perhaps only Techies at the same level. It's just a shame he is so good in the <50th percentile that just buffing him is probably not an option. I don't even feel like explaining that any further because I don't know where to begin.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But Lysah, they can just TP out so he's useless lololololololol!
    Yeah because TP is so bad against BS lol you were 1000% rite then you can just say in allchat lol i forced dat tp xDD

Rupture CD is roughly the same as TP scroll, so actually, using it to force a TP is very useful. Not to mention if your team is ready to push the second you force warlock to TP you just got a free tower because their RoC is in base. By the time he gets back out into the fight he gets ruptured again and has to TP home - guess what, you either got a kill or removed him from the game regardless. And then, of course, you can go silence the Dazzle and they're out 2 heroes.

Mine doesn't seem to be totally about win rates, a couple of my 8-10ish heroes are negative, though I do admit if you graphed win rate versus "my performance" you'd likely get a positive correlation with almost everyone. Valve can just argue that you're more likely to win with heroes you're good at and their logic will hold =p

Anyway, BS is fine. Bloodrage and rupture are two of the best spells in the game and I really can't believe the smack talk BS's toolkit is receiving in this thread. Even if you didn't move at all during rupture in a team fight it's still virtually a Lion/Lina ult with a force staff and will put a support down to 30% and force them to hold and not help their team just to stay alive. Not to mention he completely disables any spell caster he picks permanently and runs around at 500 movespeed because of that support hiding in the back ruptured at 20%. I've really never seen BS have a bad game, even when he gets stomped on early he can just jungle up an item or two and rupture > force staff + bloodrage will be worth a spot on the team.

Just don't trick yourself into thinking he can hard carry, he still needs a void to back him up.