Agreed this probably did get out of hand.

Games should be fun, not rage inducing. I think its a good idea for everyone, myself included, that if dota is getting you down, to take a break.

Last night my 8 game win streak was snapped (sadface) because we had a drow who insisted on jungling from level 2. He would kill 2-3 mobs in jungle, return to base, heal up, and back to jungle. I was not pleased. So, for fun, I decided to follow him around the jungle and steal all his last hits. Probably not the most mature thing I could have done. But, oh well.

Also, I used to think Disruptor was the most fun hero ever, now I'm leaning towards Jakiro. Getting a 4-5 man ice path is crazy fun. Is the more appropriate thing to macropyre and then ice path, or vice versa? I find either way they don't overlap much. Unless I can land it on a narrow pathway.

If you can get anyone else to initiate (tide, magnus, even beastmaster) then i prefer casting ice path after, macropyre is powerful but easy to dodge. If no one else can initiate, i'll do ice path but after that jakiro needs another stun or atleast slow to get full mileage out of ulti.

I was under the impression Jakiro's ult is nothing special in damage department, am I wrong?

Yea one of the recent games I played, we had a rubick who stole black hole and got it off on 4 people. I dropped macropyre, then icepath, then Q (cant remember name) and they just melted. It was pretty fun to watch.

Also since I play mostly supports, I'm always wishing that we had a magnus. RP into disruptor ult + field. RP into macropyre. RP into echoslam. RP into puck orb, silence, ult. It's just such a ridiculous initiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    pause
    haha oh boy

VP vs. Empire just started, casted here. These guys are such great drafters..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    ready and available for 40 minutes with no interruptions.
    I go into it assuming everyone's ready for 60 minutes. 70-minute games are the 1% but I have 50-minute games often enough. If anything, I find 40 minutes quite the peculiar number if you're the kind to expect 0 pauses ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I was under the impression Jakiro's ult is nothing special in damage department, am I wrong?
    Imagine if you were just wrong, just imagine it.
    Now imagine if you were wronger than that. A hundred times wronger than that. Imagine if there was a special circle in hell for just how wrong you were. Consider the fact that you could, quite soon, face divine retribution for your wrongness, that Gabriel himself shall knock on your door and cut you down for just how wrong you are. Imagine a world where everything is right, the only thing that would still be wrong would be you. Imagine a place where you could state your beliefs without getting repressed, you'd be dead on the first day. Imagine a painting of Mona Lisa with Megatron's face.

That's how wrong you are.

They're running Faceless Void mid, interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    That's how wrong you are.
    Saying "yea it does hella dmg" would take you so much less effort.

Yea I think at level 3 (without Aghs), it does 180 a sec to anyone in it. So if you can lock them in for 4 seconds lets say with an icepath plus another stun (Sven, Lesh, Magnus, Tide, Enigma, disruptor, etc). You're looking at 720 damage to everyone in it. I'd say thats good damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Saying "yea it does hella dmg" would take you so much less effort.
    Nej, nu tycker jag du ska sluta.

Posting in languages other than English is against the forum guidelines.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-13 at 05:58 PM.

They're running Faceless Void mid, interesting!
    Doesn't surprise me that much. He has high base damage which allows him to last hit vs. most heroes and is virtually ungankable mid with time walk...not to mention he can skip bash early and level backtrack to be hard to harass as well. What interests me is that people have only just now started experimenting with farm based mids again, I was beginning to think the meta would never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Nej, nu tycker jag du ska sluta.
    Reported for not writing English.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Doesn't surprise me that much. He has high base damage which allows him to last hit vs. most heroes and is virtually ungankable mid with time walk...not to mention he can skip bash early and level backtrack to be hard to harass as well. What interests me is that people have only just now started experimenting with farm based mids again, I was beginning to think the meta would never change.
    That was my point. It worked out well against the Puck he was facing.

That was my point. It worked out well against the Puck he was facing.
    I've never been a fan of puck solos, his damage is pretty low outside of spamming illu orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I've never been a fan of puck solos, his damage is pretty low outside of spamming illu orb.
    I do agree that he isn't the best for damage and therefore not an amazing harasser or last hitter. But I think he has some great advantages. For one, he has amazing rune control. A low cooldown nuke to push the lane when runes spawn (and a second aoe nuke for even more pushing if needed). Plus he has possibly the best mobility as he can send an orb one way and start running the other way. Do that a second or 2 before runes spawn and it's hard to compete.

Also, he is a pretty solid ganker once he hits 6. Orb + Silence + Dream Coil is a pretty gank to fight. No spell casting and no running away for a few seconds.

As with all things dota, i think it's situational

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    You have never read the ability? 180 per second max rank, 225 with aghanims. 7 second duration, 1260 damage full or 1575 with aghanims - resistance, to enumerable people.

It is good damage, if you can keep them in it. I would never buy aghanims personally - not a brilliant damage boost considering getting all the people to stay in it for 7 seconds is not easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Gives the ultimate ridiculous range, damage increase is not the primarily exciting part of Jakiro scepter in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI Chronosphere aka bullshit ulti is the most lame ass ulti.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

I don't think we see enough SD or Rubick in doter.