Just get energy boots on Tuskarr, it's not like one QWR combo won't kill any hero with less than 700 hp at level 7.

had this game where tusk, bara and alchi would farm my Zeus like, 1/10 at 17 minute into game, but hey, ghost specter+eul works wonders, and we've won

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Just get energy boots on Tuskarr, it's not like one QWR combo won't kill any hero with less than 700 hp at level 7.
    I was thinking Tusk could work quite well either mid with sidelanes that get arcane or laning with someone who gets arcane, I don't really like building them on Tusk himself but eh.

Deleted
    Anyone got any rumours on who the next hero will be?

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unreleased_Content

Next one looks like Skywrath Mage. Then Abbadon and Bristlebog (or back).
    Do take in mind that different people work on different heroes, so you might see some heroes come out faster than others.

I want Xyn and Abbadon. And techies ofc, dont really care about the rest. But both new heroes look OP as hell

Techies will get released last with a rework prior to release.

RIP techies
    Most loved and hated hero in doto history. Those of us who aren't garbage players will miss you.

Well it stands to reason that the one hero that somehow is worse than Bloodseeker could use a slight makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    wow this game has alot of leavers, just started and every game 3-5 ragequit near the start.
    400 matches in, I dont see any leavers (still got occasional afkers though). Low priority queue is the PoS that I never would want to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Balance changes since his release. Snowball cooldown buff seems good and the crit increase is aight but it's not like he's a lot stronger or anything. Maybe I'm just not good enough at using my mana properly but personally I feel he needs too many regen items to keep the ball rolling (harhar) for long without going back to base over and over.
    Thanks for compiling those changelogs it all made sense now. i often see tuskar players buying arcane or bloodstone or even urn of shadows for early item. he's a beast on ganking

In the few Tusk games I've played I've noticed that a few items from a selection of Bottle, Urn, Drums, Wand, Medallion and Vlads/Basi easily give you enough mana to not need Arcanes on yourself. I wouldn't condemn them as bad but would rather see someone else in the team get them.

personally i would prefer pboots on tuskar as it can maximize his ganking ability more. having more mobility for chases (benefits well his skills too) and damage.

Deleted
    not enjoying this at all every game is just awful. Last game I bought a courier and put it on the ground from stash and someone picked it up and played whole game with it in inventory. Also snowballing seems ridiculous to the point that if someone gets fed they become unkillable. Then people leave and its just a case of waiting to lose or leaving yourself. I think I will stick to LoL for simple reason that I can play it to a decent standard and most games seem pretty balanced. I can see the appeal in a harsher moba where item builds and farm are more important but its not for me from what I can see. Also not being able to center camera on my character is pretty annoying.

Yeah, Dota 2 has the bad habit of being extremely unfriendly to beginners.
    The new "quests" coming in will hopefully make it easier to learn the game, but there's just so much to learn, and the game doesn't teach you anything, currently.

I think centering the camera on yourself is a very bad thing. It hinders your awareness, since you can only see yourself and what goes on in a very small radius around you.
    Unless you mean just moving the camera to yourself. F1 is the usual button to target yourself, just tap it twice and that should center it on you.

Deleted
    ah I didnt know that thanks, I pressed it once and it just put a green arrow on me. Yeah I just like to center camera in certain situations, I know its a bad habit but its hard to break those habits

I didnt really expect it to teach me anything, but im being thrown in games with lvl 15s in my first few games and just getting dominated. I played a game that was 2v5 in our favour, and I thought well this should be easy, but a queen of pain on the other team got 48 kills and was 1-2 shotting everyone, and there didnt seem to be a counter to it, that a new player can easily see.

Deleted
    ah I didnt know that thanks, I pressed it once and it just put a green arrow on me. Yeah I just like to center camera in certain situations, I know its a bad habit but its hard to break those habits

I didnt really expect it to teach me anything, but im being thrown in games with lvl 15s in my first few games and just getting dominated. I played a game that was 2v5 in our favour, and I thought well this should be easy, but a queen of pain on the other team got 48 kills and was 1-2 shotting everyone, and there didnt seem to be a counter to it, that a new player can easily see.
    A major difference with disconnects with LoL and DotA is that in DotA, your remaining teammates get all your gold (slowly but surely) distributed among them, as far as I know. So she was getting 187 gold per minute passively + whatever they had in their inventories.

(Note: I'm fairly sure the gold only starts getting drained once a player abandons but I'm not entirely sure since I think I've seen it happen before then.)

10+ Year Old Account

Black King Bar. Linken's Sphere. Orchid malevolence. Blade Mail.
    Build anything from this list to counter fed QoP
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    A major difference with disconnects with LoL and DotA is that in DotA, your remaining teammates get all your gold (slowly but surely) distributed among them, as far as I know. So she was getting 187 gold per minute passively + whatever they had in their inventories.

(Note: I'm fairly sure the gold only starts getting drained once a player abandons but I'm not entirely sure since I think I've seen it happen before then.)
    Pretty sure gold gets shared when player either abandons or qualifies for abandonment (if someone already abandoned), as in doesn't gain XP for 5 consecutive minutes.

I can't imagine Blade Mail being particularly good against QoP, but then again the item itself is particularly bad, or at the very least hugely misused. Unless you go mass BM against March-spamming Tinker, in which case it's the best item ever.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-05 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Pretty sure gold gets shared when player either abandons or qualifies for abandonment (if someone already abandoned), as in doesn't gain XP for 5 consecutive minutes.

I can't imagine Blade Mail being particularly good against QoP, but then again the item itself is particularly bad, or at the very least hugely misused. Unless you go mass BM against March-spamming Tinker, in which case it's the best item ever.
    Just pop it when she blinks in, so she will get damage from her Scream and Wave back, usually that's enough to shut her down.
    The point of building Blademail is to punish heroes with AoE damage, or to shut down Satanic user.
    And i guess you never used blademail against Mortred, Crit with fountain of blood and... she died.

And now i wonder if blademail will still deal damage to those who are attacking Shallow Graved hero with blademail turned on
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-03-05 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.