Having 2 big creeps really early on is too good to skip enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    Having 2 big creeps really early on is too good to skip enchant.
    Yes, even if for whatever reason you're playing as carry on a lane there's just little reason to not put 1 point in it, makes occasional jungling easier and you can scout and push more efficiently, and in fights you have a passable slow or you can steal enemy summons or illusions. I played a few Enchantress games as carry on my alt account, every game I just put a point or two in Enchant and skilled stats as much as I could: http://dotabuff.com/matches/104239064 http://dotabuff.com/matches/112834914 http://dotabuff.com/matches/72491418. Works fairly well as long as you don't condemn your team into losing early game because you had to farm and can position yourself so you don't get killed first in fights when enemies realize you're their biggest threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyzz View Post
    Is he an ideal support, probably not. Is he better as a carry, probably. But just because he doesn't fit your predetermined notion of a support, doesn't make him useless as one.
    The entire point is that AR puts teams into these situations when it really doesn't need to. There's no reason you should sacrifice 300 gold and end up getting another carry, or another INT, or whatever. I'm fine with initial drafts being whatever, but repicks should guarantee a different stat or role or something, otherwise there is zero reason to ever repick.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I don't know why you think he thinks you get 3 skill points per level, no part of his post implied that you need to be able to magically level all skills in the early game. And how can Chemical Rage be irrelevant for support, it's a ton of mana and HP regen every 45 seconds and a boost to max HP and movement speed. Those are good stats for every hero.
    Well, he said you will be getting items before other supports and I instantly wondered how? If you level greed first then you will be missing either stun or acid. Other wise you will be missing greed. In his posts, he ,somehow, implies making use of all abilities of Alch. My statement was they aren't useful if you don't level them. Also alch ultimate is good but if you are supporting, you won't posses any threat. They can easily ignore you, wipe your team and then target you that's why his ultimate is not that great for support alchemist. Same can not be said for even weaker supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Well, he said you will be getting items before other supports and I instantly wondered how? If you level greed first then you will be missing either stun or acid. Other wise you will be missing greed. In his posts, he ,somehow, implies making use of all abilities of Alch. My statement was they aren't useful if you don't level them. Also alch ultimate is good but if you are supporting, you won't posses any threat. They can easily ignore you, wipe your team and then target you that's why his ultimate is not that great for support alchemist. Same can not be said for even weaker supports.
    Maybe I'm crazy... but the discussion was about having unbalanced teams in AR and how to utilize certain heroes in different ways. Obviously if you did an AR and got a CM and an alch, the CM would be the main support. Never was this about actively selecting alch as a support hero. This was about maximizing the best of a bad situation when doing AR.

And if you don't like the way AR selects heroes, then don't use that mode. Use SD as its sort of random and still allows you usually to choose different roles. The game allows so many different ways of playing, I don't understand why people complain about game modes they could just avoid playing. I happen to find AR to be a lot of fun. It avoids the insta nyx/kotl/pl picks. It forces you to play heroes you might not usually play and end up enjoying playing. It requires you to sometimes play a hero in a different way. If none of these things sound good to you, then don't play AR imo.

Deleted
    Other wise you will be missing greed.
    WEWQWRWQQQ build is impossible or what?

if you are supporting, you won't posses any threat. They can easily ignore you, wipe your team and then target you
    Yet people just keep picking CM, don't they.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Yet people just keep picking CM, don't they.
    compares CM to Alchemist.
    Thinks it is relevant.

I never ignore CM, why would you ignore a sitting 300g? All you have to do is run over to it and right click and you're that much closer to your next item.

Why is he so small...

Today was a bad day.

Deleted
    What the? Bristleback.. FML

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I never ignore CM, why would you ignore a sitting 300g? All you have to do is run over to it and right click and you're that much closer to your next item.
    No one ignores CM but people would ignore support Alch because he won't deal significant amount of damage or bring any utility to table other than an unreliable stun in team fights.

@Keyzz
    I didn't even remotely imply that I don't like AR or complain about it. Also, I was just trying to say he has zero support potential outside of 5-carry-team situation.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    WEWQWRWQQQ build is impossible or what?
    This build will not increase GPM dramatically and let you buy key support items even before some other supports can. That was the discussion.

I don't have DotA2 installed right now but checking from youtube his model is pretty disappointing.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-03-27 at 11:28 PM.

Bristleback is such a fun and powerful hero Even tho he's underrated i will be playing him lots.

But his model is kind of disappointing :/

Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    Bristleback is such a fun and powerful hero Even tho he's underrated i will be playing him lots.

But his model is kind of disappointing :/
    Underrated? WHAT?

is there some kind of bug with juggernaut's ult and desolator? it does ridiculous damage...

If you are low on armor, the extra damage from his auto attacks during omnislash will be extremely amplified, perhaps this is what you are noticing. Omnislash already does like 1-1.5k damage at level 11 on a single target without.

And Omnislash itself is physical damage, so if the target has the Desolator buff him for the duration of the Omnislash it pretty much makes them take 35% or so more damage from both the ability itself and the extra attacks.

finally, BristleBack is added on dota2.

Deleted
    No one ignores CM but people would ignore support Alch because he won't deal significant amount of damage or bring any utility to table other than an unreliable stun in team fights.
    I dunno about you but I'd trust an Alch to do more naked damage than a CM does ever.

NThis build will not increase GPM dramatically and let you buy key support items even before some other supports can. That was the discussion.
    I did some mathstuff. Assuming you're just non-stop farming, a rank 4 greed will give you about 250 more gold than a rank 1 greed for the first 26 mobs. After that, it's all equal. Then again, if you're ganking you're probably not freefarming. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If you are low on armor, the extra damage from his auto attacks during omnislash will be extremely amplified, perhaps this is what you are noticing. Omnislash already does like 1-1.5k damage at level 11 on a single target without.
    I had a Jugg yesterday who lost a fight miserably because he didn't wait for two more mobs to die before he could level up and get rank 2 omnislash, it was sad.