Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Neither do I, but looks like I communicated that badly. Though I think there's more options to item builds for Sylla than people in here claim, but at least in theory the hero is quite straightforward. How people actually do with him in-game is another thing.
    I wish people would learn how to solo hard lane with him considering he is one of the best heroes in the game for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I wish people would learn how to solo hard lane with him considering he is one of the best heroes in the game for it...
    That feeling of foreboding every single time someone instalocks Sylla or Furi and says "jungle"...

10+ Year Old Account
    That feeling of foreboding every single time someone instalocks Sylla or Furi and says "jungle"...
    Is Profit really that good offlane? I've seen it done sometimes in pro games, but it always seems like he's at his best roaming around in the jungle since when he teleports for a gank, he's not leaving a lane completely open for the enemy to farm or push.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Is Profit really that good offlane? I've seen it done sometimes in pro games, but it always seems like he's at his best roaming around in the jungle since when he teleports for a gank, he's not leaving a lane completely open for the enemy to farm or push.
    All you need to do is either pull the creeps to your tower, or even better, just summon some treants, aggro creeps and run toward enemy base. Your creeps maul enemy tower or farmer who might even miss some lasthits and the first enemy creepwave gets merged with the second which means they will push to Furion's tower. Offlaning against more than 1 hero is about being able to get XP (and not feeding), and both Furi and Sylla can achieve this by messing with the enemy creepwaves, though Sylla doesn't have Bear TP until level 3 so he has to pull back to his tower.

And both Furi and Sylla are pretty slow at jungling even if it seems natural to them. I still like to jungle Furi, but when I do I have random gold and my builds aren't exactly what pubs tend to do. And then some people do that awfully inefficient cliff jungling with Furi, what is wrong with people?
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-04-02 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, but he can teleport back instantly as well. I think Hermanni was in the game I played the other day where the enemy team did 4 man lane top and left me 1v0 as AM in my safe lane. Every time I tried to push the tower Furion showed up for free exp/gold and teleported back to top the second the creeps were gone.

Deleted
    Ok, a question. I've been keeping an eye on this waiting for the moment it goes free to play and not require you to pay for access and something, so first question is when will that happen?

Second question, I went to Steam, and, on one side it says the early access is 28 euros, on the other hand it says "You already own DoTA2" despite never having bought this early access. What's the catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ok, a question. I've been keeping an eye on this waiting for the moment it goes free to play and not require you to pay for access and something, so first question is when will that happen?

Second question, I went to Steam, and, on one side it says the early access is 28 euros, on the other hand it says "You already own DoTA2" despite never having bought this early access. What's the catch?
    The Dota 2 you "own" is just the spectator client. You don't need to pay 28 euros for access though, they keys are virtually free (0.02 euros in Steam Community Market) and there's even some Steam bot that has been linked here a few times that just shares them. If you need keys just add me http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970707553?l, I've like 30 of them.

It's not known when the game will be launched for 100% real, but for purposes of playing it outside of China the game is as good as free.

Deleted
    4th point is only Demolish, which isn't too important if you know you're not going to push towers. But if you play Sylla in the fashionable way your build is going to be pretty much the same by level 11-12 regardless of which path you choose.

@ZRebellion, this is the game I was talking about http://dotabuff.com/matches/156948585, though I'm not particularly great as Sylla and it's not a particularly exciting game but I thought I did an okay job at keeping myself alive from 10-20 mins or so.
    argh would like to see that game,but the replay doesn't seem to work.do you have to login to the site to be able to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    argh would like to see that game,but the replay doesn't seem to work.do you have to login to the site to be able to do that?
    You can just copy the replay ID and search with it in-game, it's only 9 days old so it should still be available.

Deleted
    You can just copy the replay ID and search with it in-game, it's only 9 days old so it should still be available.
    I'm afraid it's not Hermanni.I'm afraid it's not

10+ Year Old Account
    And both Furi and Sylla are pretty slow at jungling even if it seems natural to them. I still like to jungle Furi, but when I do I have random gold and my builds aren't exactly what pubs tend to do. And then some people do that awfully inefficient cliff jungling with Furi, what is wrong with people?
    I dunno. My first game of the day yesterday, our profit in AR did that cliff jungling thing in the enemy jungle. 12 minute Midas, he used his ulti on cd for farming, had less gpm than our 0/5 Spectre, and called me a noob for skipping Multicast until level 9 on ogre (hurr durr increased mana cost is a problem when you don't have any items.)

We also had an enemy Clockwerk that was merely okay at the game - not good, not bad, just okay - that talked shit the entire game, calling people "kid" and "shitbox" and other trendy insults, like he'd just come from a rousing game of WoW arena or Halo or something.

I'll probably get one of those "thanks for improving the community" notices when I log in today
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I cliff jungle when I need to eat and play doto at the same time, guilty.

Don't know if it's just me but people don't really talk much in my game at all let alone trashtalk. It's just a lot of pinging, misses, back, push, roshans... Sometimes I miss hearing people get angry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    Don't know if it's just me but people don't really talk much in my game at all let alone trashtalk. It's just a lot of pinging, misses, back, push, roshans... Sometimes I miss hearing people get angry
    They're pretty few and far between in mine. You get a lot of people being douchebags, calling people noob or whatever, but it's usually just the one time and then they're quiet the rest of the game.

Shitbags like that Clockwerk are rare. I hope he gets help; his real life must be pretty pitiful if his only outlet is going on the internet and acting like a douchebag.

Deleted
    The Dota 2 you "own" is just the spectator client. You don't need to pay 28 euros for access though, they keys are virtually free (0.02 euros in Steam Community Market) and there's even some Steam bot that has been linked here a few times that just shares them. If you need keys just add me http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970707553?l, I've like 30 of them.

It's not known when the game will be launched for 100% real, but for purposes of playing it outside of China the game is as good as free.
    I see, thanks for the info. And for the offer. Right now I don't have much time to play it, but will keep it in mind. I just thought it was weird to see the "you own this" and then there's still a price there, was more confused on the issue.

Deleted
    I recently tried Phantom Lancer and I must say that controlling hero himself and all illusions was challenging, what keys are you supposed to use when playing with champion that controls more than himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I recently tried Phantom Lancer and I must say that controlling hero himself and all illusions was challenging, what keys are you supposed to use when playing with champion that controls more than himself?
    Depends on the player, but the easiest approach would be to bind your hero on one key, other units on another key and hero+units on a third key, then individually select things for more careful micro. Note that if you hold control and left-click a unit the game selects all units of that type under your control (like all your illusions or similar summons) and if you have 'unified unit orders' enabled in options holding control while giving a command sends that command to all units you control sans courier. When I play PL the first time I spawn an illusion I just ctrl-click ctrl-3 and all my future illusions will be bound to "3."

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the player, but the easiest approach would be to bind your hero on one key, other units on another key and hero+units on a third key, then individually select things for more careful micro. Note that if you hold control and left-click a unit the game selects all units of that type under your control (like all your illusions or similar summons) and if you have 'unified unit orders' enabled in options holding control while giving a command sends that command to all units you control sans courier. When I play PL the first time I spawn an illusion I just ctrl-click ctrl-3 and all my future illusions will be bound to "3."
    Yep, simplest way of doing things. You can also do it with Sylla's bear, Visage's bats, Broodmother's bugs, and all other similar things. You lose out on a little fine control, but Dota isn't a very APM-intensive game for the most part, anyway.

Deleted
    For PL in particular, I don't bind illusions because they expire anyway and sometimes you want to spread them out in jungle farming etc. Much faster just boxing them and moving them where you want with A-move. But Dota 2 boxing is so weird compared to DotA and StarCraft 2. Just feels like you miss units sometimes and sometimes you get too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    For PL in particular, I don't bind illusions because they expire anyway and sometimes you want to spread them out in jungle farming etc. Much faster just boxing them and moving them where you want with A-move. But Dota 2 boxing is so weird compared to DotA and StarCraft 2. Just feels like you miss units sometimes and sometimes you get too many.
    I'm glad Dota micro is simple because if it wasn't, playing micro-intensive heroes would be almost impossible. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Dota 2's controls feel very clumsy and sloppy compared to SC2.

As for PL illusions, it doesn't become a problem once you reach the point where your illusions can easily sustain themselves, you just kind of fling small packs of illusions at each jungle camp while doing whatever with the real PL.