Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    so guys, what's your guess on the next hero?
    And is it true that Legion Commander is gonna be a chick?)
    yea it is

and uh

arc warden?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    yea it is

and uh

arc warden?
    A puppy, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    A puppy, obviously.
    nah i mean like

next implemented hero

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why do pubs have this weird fascination of running into a bad engagement and then blame the one or two teammates
    So what you're saying is your team made a bad judgement call based on lacking game awareness and then decided to put the blame for it on someone else? Sounds unorthodox, I find that everyone in dota have good game sense and need absolutely no handholding when it comes to map awareness.

No but seriously, if you prefer having a chance of winning over the amusement you get from watching teammates overcommit and then stumble over each other when rushing to blame someone else just employ the old allcaps team captaining to get them out of bad situations before they happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    nah i mean like

next implemented hero
    Elder Titan since they already did the model, and he is ugly as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    So what you're saying is your team made a bad judgement call based on lacking game awareness and then decided to put the blame for it on someone else? Sounds unorthodox, I find that everyone in dota have good game sense and need absolutely no handholding when it comes to map awareness.

No but seriously, if you prefer having a chance of winning over the amusement you get from watching teammates overcommit and then stumble over each other when rushing to blame someone else just employ the old allcaps team captaining to get them out of bad situations before they happen.
    I use voice for pretty much the same thing, though I don't really raise my voice, I just talk in a calm, cool manner. Somehow that seems to piss them off even more
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

http://blog.dota2.com/2013/04/your-new-wingman/

Looks like they will start handing out chat bans to players who are abusive in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had 3 games in a row, all 3 had leavers, good shit. First game i wasn't being the best lich, but doing okay enuf to warrent compliments. Too bad my team had two people die 14 times and 17 times. Second game I was cheating pretty hard as Nyx, even though Drow was being a drow and wouldn't give me mid, even though i called and picked a mid hero before. Btw she fed mid 7 times, good shit, and the enemy team AND my team were total assholes only to me, and i didn't say a word. I would assume it's cause i'm playing nyx, but i don't think these ppl know enough about the game to know what any hero does, i'm friggin lvl 8, which sucks so hard cause i have past experience from dota 1, but i'm really getting annoyed at these people who think they're good at childerns video games. Anyway, 3rd game im timbersaw kicking ass solo top against tidehunter and lycan, so lycan plays smart and goes bot lane and ofc demolishes them and gets nice and fed. Our skywrath died 9 times then rage quit. Am I doing something in the wrong here? I pissed some otherworldly god off cause i have some shit ass luck in this game. All my other friends who game only play League and won't even try the game, even though I gave them free copies. The two other people I got to play the game, one started having a pseudo social life, and the other is a member of the cod enlightenment army who played the game 3 times and said it wasn't as good as call of duty so the game sucks (exact words). Well i feel better after typing that out. I get more enjoyment watching games then playing, and thats not a good thing. Anyone play at late night central time, midnight till bout 3 am? I'll party up! Ragu on steam too.

Well maybe I shouldnt give up on playing support in pubs right now. Just had 3 games in a row with great farmers who actually used the space me and the other supports made for them.
    A FV going rampage with Battlefury, Butterfly, Midas and MoM at around 30 Minutes is beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    All my other friends who game only play League and won't even try the game, even though I gave them free copies. The two other people I got to play the game, one started having a pseudo social life, and the other is a member of the cod enlightenment army who played the game 3 times and said it wasn't as good as call of duty so the game sucks (exact words). Well i feel better after typing that out. I get more enjoyment watching games then playing, and thats not a good thing. Anyone play at late night central time, midnight till bout 3 am? I'll party up! Ragu on steam too.
    Ouch, that is a shitty situation right there. Your League friends are like a lot of League players, I think. I have some friends who are like that too and it really sucks. I'd offer to play with you myself, but I"m still really new and am gradually still learning so I wouldn't want to hold you back. Good luck though! Don't be discouraged. It sounds like you just had a bad day.

Deleted
    Is there a way to practice teamfighting?

Teamfighting is usually the most hectic part in a game of Dota and I've reached a point where I understand the focus points of Dota, such as laning, ganking, supporting, farming - all that stuff (Always new stuff to learn I know, but I have reached ~600 games now and feel pretty confident in most stages of the game). I also know all the heroes inside out and I know what to expect coming from them during engagements, big and small.

I also usually stack with 3-5 people in SD/RD (And sometimes CM).

And here's where it gets problematic. I feel as if the parts of the game where me (and my stack friends) screw up really badly is during teamfights. We see the enemy team pushing into a lane, or going into Rosh pit or something along those lines and everyone immediately pings and cries "Go go teamfight teamfight" and then everyone kinda just runs in a do their own thing.

Of course people have a sense of what they're supposed to do, if you're a Tidehunter you want to get your ravage off on as many people as possible, or at least a few key targets or if you have an Orchid you might want to immediately be silencing the enemy QoP or Magnus or Dark Seer or something like that. Unfortunately, teamfights are everchanging as they unfold and I just feel like we screw up a lot because we dive in with one goal in mind and then fail to regroup/recoordinate to a different target, if something didn't go as expected during the initiation.

I understand that it's a matter of practice and experience (Along with reaction times), but I really want to make an improvement on things. So far I've been asking my buddies to watch replies with me, usually the ones where we dominate the laning phase and subsequently get obliterated during mid-game teamfights so we can see what happens and discuss where things go wrong. Unfortunately not much seems to change. I'm by no means a professional player, nor do I intend to compete as one, but I'm just getting annoyed failing at the same thing over and over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    Learn from every team fight that doesn't go your way. Why did you lose it? Why did you think you could win it? That's all you can do. Watch some streams if you have time of pros. See how they engage and fight. Try to learn from it. It is all about experience and learning from your mistakes. You have to know how strong the enemy is and if you can kill them.

As for regrouping to a different target. If all your mates can play the game, you shouldn't really need to talk much when switching targets and when choosing targets. When you team fight, you nee dto know what your team mates are capable of and what spells they can use and on what heroes they will use it on. This will allow you to play your hero to its full potential.

And don't play rambo Dota. If one of you gets caught out, maybe you shouldn't all follow and try to save him. Know when to back off.

Feel free to link replays so people in this thread can watch. Then we can probably give you better tips and tricks.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-04-20 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    http://blog.dota2.com/2013/04/your-new-wingman/

Looks like they will start handing out chat bans to players who are abusive in chat.
    I got one!

Me getting one has to one of the most damn frustrating things I've had happen to me so far. I have no idea why I got one. I haven't been foul or anything of the sort and I'm just left stumped. It's left me seriously peeved off to say the least.

If anything it's made me reluctant to ever speak again in a game that isn't "missing" etc etc. I'm left feeling confused as to what I could've said that could've gotten me banned.

The worst part is that even "Y + direction" commands don't work so you can't call missing which directly damages other players who haven't been chat banned.

Does anybody know the reports are handled and if there's a way to inquire into your bans? I'm currently mythed as to how this has happened.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-04-20 at 07:27 PM.

Any tips on how to get past the (extremely infuriating) tutorial for DotA2? I'm starting to get really annoyed by Razor being killed by minions because he spawns as soon as the tutorial starts(instead of only being there for the "cinematic"), which bugs the ending(?).
    Basically when I get to the watchtower and have to kill the 3 creeps, Razor is just standing there, getting murdered by my creeps(and accidental damage from my fire breath). If I proceed, he just gets killed again and again whenever he spawns, which messes with the later parts of the tutorial where I have to last hit to "get gold" for items I've already bought.
    Then when I get to level 6 and the game tells me to pop my ulti and kill Razor, he never gets to any part of the map I can even access.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Ouch, that is a shitty situation right there. Your League friends are like a lot of League players, I think. I have some friends who are like that too and it really sucks. I'd offer to play with you myself, but I"m still really new and am gradually still learning so I wouldn't want to hold you back. Good luck though! Don't be discouraged. It sounds like you just had a bad day.
    Usually because league is an easier game to get into, since it has a few simplistic mechanics that are easy to understand. The game is getting stale pretty fast though. It was easier for me to get back to DOTA, especially since I played the original DOTA between 2006-2008.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Any tips on how to get past the (extremely infuriating) tutorial for DotA2? I'm starting to get really annoyed by Razor being killed by minions because he spawns as soon as the tutorial starts(instead of only being there for the "cinematic"), which bugs the ending(?).
    Basically when I get to the watchtower and have to kill the 3 creeps, Razor is just standing there, getting murdered by my creeps(and accidental damage from my fire breath). If I proceed, he just gets killed again and again whenever he spawns, which messes with the later parts of the tutorial where I have to last hit to "get gold" for items I've already bought.
    Then when I get to level 6 and the game tells me to pop my ulti and kill Razor, he never gets to any part of the map I can even access.
    Killing razor ends the tutorial, and all you really do to him is right click and watch him die, so it doesn't actually matter from a learning perspective. I have no idea how to fix it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    The easiest way is to assign your duty before combat, then its just a matter of execution and review whats wrong after each failed clash. It might turn into blaming game sometimes, but if you are good friends it shouldnt last to the next clash. That was how we did.

Gotta hand it to Valve for the most ridiculous report system I've seen to date, this is some HoN level bullshit.

Chat banned twice already trololol
    Glad the community is cleansed of my team direction, now people just have to watch my pings and pray they can guess the difference between engage and run for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the chat ban is stupid, i got one and played a couple games after that and it is almost impossible to play with pubs at that point. I guess i deserved it i have no idea, im never down right offensive. I hope this doesnt turn out to be like LoL, where you get reported for the most minor shit, i kind of like a bitch of banter between teams, it adds to the experience for me.