Ultimate orb isn't the worst item early game, to be honest. No worse than point booster, for the cost, in my opinion.

Anyway, the slow from Skadi is worth the gold any day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why do we need an item that gives a proc stun that ignores BKB? BKB already lasts 5 seconds by 45 minutes and there are many skills and abilities which remain in effect through BKB (Enfeeble etc) or ignore it completely; isn't that, combined with simply avoiding bad engagements, enough? I guess I just don't understand why the bash mechanic needs to ignore BKB.
    Abyssal has an activate stun that last 2 seconds and it's great for when you "man up" against another carry.

Just think of Troll Warlord. No one can fight heads up with him unless you stun Troll. His bash is the reason for that.

Another example would be if you are up against Ursa and you play N'aix. If you get basher on N'aix, you can probably stand up against Ursa and tank his damage because your stuns will disrupt his damage so much (this assuming Ursa didn't buy a basher himself).

There a spells that go through BKB, sure. But that doesn't neccessarily mean that they can always be used. And Abyssal is usually bought when you don't have such spells in your team.

Why do we need an item that gives a proc stun that ignores BKB? BKB already lasts 5 seconds by 45 minutes and there are many skills and abilities which remain in effect through BKB (Enfeeble etc) or ignore it completely; isn't that, combined with simply avoiding bad engagements, enough? I guess I just don't understand why the bash mechanic needs to ignore BKB.
    Well we don't need it, like we don't need a whole bunch of other stuff it the game but they still exist. Well, for the sake of having choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Ultimate orb isn't the worst item early game, to be honest. No worse than point booster, for the cost, in my opinion.

Anyway, the slow from Skadi is worth the gold any day.
    Agreed ^^

Naix was trouble for a bit but didn't let him finish abyssal
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Pipe BBs and dagon tinkers~

#yolo

Deleted
    Just wondering, how many people in this thread play team matchmaking?

i do but we're awful and haven't played for two months due to me and another person moving to new apartments IRL

http://dotabuff.com/teams/354227

you wanna go mate??

edit: http://www.dota2.com/international/announcement

whoa

I guess that's what LD meant on twitter yesterday

glad to see GDStudio hosting the west qualifiers
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-04-25 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    glad to see GDStudio hosting the west qualifiers
    good studio best studio

Guess it's time to get my team together and start bootcamping for that wildcard spot.

GAMEPLAY
    - Enabled Drow and Tusk in Captain's Mode (Tournament Version)
    - Enabled Bristleback, Slark and Skywrath Mage in Captain's Mode (Latest Version)

valve being busy huh

http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/

10+ Year Old Account
    Axe is still the most fun hero.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Had two classic games where my 4 teammates instalock carries that get counter picked immediately, and I got stuck supporting them and doing better then them all. Still lost but just pisses me off. I need to go back to ignoring the enemy team before ever game. But that's this genre for ya.

Axe is still the most fun hero.
    His insane tankiness and domination against melees make him really fun early game yeah. A shame he has no scaling at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    His insane tankiness and domination against melees make him really fun early game yeah. A shame he has no scaling at all.
    No need to scale when you can get 20 kills in 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    No need to scale when you can get 20 kills in 20 minutes.
    Pretty much his purpose, also probably why he sees little use in pro... last few games I saw him in, he was a miserable failure because pros generally don't overextend like crazy or run around at 1/3 HP for extended periods of time. He also doesn't seem to really fit into the current meta since he's bad in trilanes, can't really offlane vs a trilane, and isn't an especially fast (or more importantly, safe) jungler.

He's also not really that tanky. Only so-so strength gain, fairly low armor, and no real mobility tools. His tankiness comes from items and from ending the game before the enemy carry comes online.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Axe bad in tri-lanes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Axe bad in tri-lanes?
    He's been awful in every one I've seen. Battle Hunger isn't that great without a level advantage and since he's melee, he's not likely to get it. Spin is only really good at low levels with creeps punching you to proc it, and trying to chase after heroes with creeps on you seems to just end up with Axe getting stunned and blasted into pieces by the enemy tri.

The last one I remember was Keeper, Rubick, and I forget what the carry was and Axe just spent the entire time hiding under his tower because he couldn't be Axe. He tried to man up once or twice and ran off with a sliver of health left both times after eating an Illuminate combo on top of auto attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report system seems to be a lot more aggressive. Logged in two different times today, got two different notifications. Maybe reports actually matter now that we only get 4 per week. Anyone had problems with unwarranted chat bans since that patch?
    The new report system seems to be auto punish on report or something pretty damn close to it.
    [like 2-3 reports = punishment without checking if he did something or not]

I mean limiting the reports to 4 a week means that they must all be legit reports!
    Right...?

The dev.dota forum general feedback section is filled with hate towards the report system, especially
    the global chat and voice mute punishment. I personally think having a global mute as a punishment is
    just terrible idea in general. If someone bothers you in chat / voice chat just mute him...

I think HoN had the best report system so far. You pick the game, tell who did what and at what minute
    mark in the game. You could only do this like an hour after the game had ended which pretty much removed
    all false reports and reduced the amount to such they can manually check them all. If it really bothers you
    an hour after the game has ended he probably did something worthy of a punishment...

The worst part of the report system in Dota 2 is that you don't even know why you got punished. I got thrown
    to low priority pool for 6 hours and I have no idea why that happened. It wasn't from abandoning a game so I
    guess I got reported for something...

He's been awful in every one I've seen.
    Well, problem is, people need to realize that Axe is not a tank, he's a caster like Sand King. The onyl reason he should lose a trilane to enemy casters is if there are more of them than there are of Axe, which really just means you didn't counter lane well enough. Toss Axe a lane mate like Veno and he can easily man up against most enemy supports. It's also worth noting that you don't try to Axe trilane against an enemy carry like Luna, you Axe trilane against an enemy carry like N'aix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, problem is, people need to realize that Axe is not a tank, he's a caster like Sand King. The onyl reason he should lose a trilane to enemy casters is if there are more of them than there are of Axe, which really just means you didn't counter lane well enough. Toss Axe a lane mate like Veno and he can easily man up against most enemy supports. It's also worth noting that you don't try to Axe trilane against an enemy carry like Luna, you Axe trilane against an enemy carry like N'aix.
    Naix actually seems to have fallen off a little bit in popularity. He's still a common pick but he seems to have lost "see him every goddamned game" status that he had a month ago. Still as strong as ever, I'm not sure why he stopped getting picked, he's a really strong midgame carry since he doesn't need hardly anything but boots and armlet to start chunking supports for 1/3 of their HP every swing and free super-BKB ensures he's always relevant.

Gyro and Sylla seem to be the most popular heroes picked for the hard carry slot now. Gyro just seems almost unbeatable in lane, and I've already mentioned how I feel about Sylla. I've wondered why Sylla form is almost never used past lvl 6, though; assuming they don't have a hero like Batrider or Wisp who can cornhole you before you can switch forms, I don't understand why you'd wander around in bear form the entire game when ranged form is probably better DPS most of the time, and moves very fast with Rabid up.

Axe would be a good answer to a Sven pick or other pick if they want to make a melee their hard carry, but that doesn't seem to happen often since a melee hero is automatically at a disadvantage against a trilane.

And now that you mention him - the fuck happened to Sand King? I would've thought that Magnus' popularity would only ensure Sand King stays popular, if only for the ridiculous wombo combo potential, and SK's really good at pushing, too.