Ranged Syllabear > melee any day of the week, just takes a lot more control to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are.
    That's a strange POV. For me, people that ruin the fun are the biggest problem in Dota. I don't care if the game takes 90+ minutes as long as it's fun. And 4v5 games sometimes may be fun as well. If it wasn't the case, people wouldn't argue so hard about the "concede" option.

Also, you seem to forget that you're not the only one playing the game, and that other people are not there for your entertainment. If they continue fighting in a lost game, it's only because it's fun for them. There's nothing wrong about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Losing the bear should matter.
    Reduce summon cooldown, but start it when the bear dies instead of after the cast. And fix the damn armlet.
    Last edited by Kjalar; 2013-05-24 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't say "like you said" and then paraphrase something I never said. When I'm solo I usually instaleave when someone abandons, but usually my friends wont let me quit a won game. I don't give a fuck about my stats.

Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are. If leavers getting items is a personal problem for you, then I suppose I can give you your own advice and suck it up. I was never serious about what I initially suggested, I just wanted to point out that to many players someone who wastes everyones time trying to play 1v5 is a lot more annoying than a player who ragequits by typing "disconnect" in console and hitting the abandon button and letting everyone leave instantly. Hell, if I'm in a shitty game and someone in my team bites the bullet and instant abandons I wouldn't mind giving my items and BP to them.
    Why are you getting annoyed by people who stay and want to play their game when clearly your buddies are the problem? Your buddies waste your time who demand you to stay, not those who won't leave and want to play a game. Those who stay may have limited time for just one game and consider those leavers a real time waste.

The point I wanted to make is that if you can't be bothered to play, you don't get anything either. And to prevent a massive disconnect fest increase the chance of a drop for those who stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    That's a strange POV. For me, people that ruin the fun are the biggest problem in Dota. I don't care if the game takes 90+ minutes as long as it's fun. And 4v5 games sometimes may be fun as well. If it wasn't the case, people wouldn't argue so hard about the "concede" option.

Also, you seem to forget that you're not the only one playing the game, and that other people are not there for your entertainment. If they continue fighting in a lost game, it's only because it's fun for them. There's nothing wrong about it.

Reduce summon cooldown, but start it when the bear dies instead of after the cast. And fix the damn armlet.
    I remember in wc3 dota, we had 60 minute game where KOTL farmed the shit out of everything (he had skadi, buriza, bkb and hearth), but on ~50 minute he left the game (or got DCed, i don't remember) and we won 4v5 because we took his items and gold.

Currently, if you are frustrated by leavers, just abandon game, nothing will happen to you.
    I leave abandoned games only when it's 6 minute and we already 10 kills behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had an awesome comeback game, guy on our team left at the start of the game and we were getting owned. Managed to get radiance on doom though and pulled it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Ranged Syllabear > melee any day of the week, just takes a lot more control to pull off.
    I agree, but why not just sit in bear form with your free 1200 HP and 6 armor and just let the bear do all the work? Boring as fuck to watch, even more boring to play... but it's almost impossible to fuck up. It's hilarious watching teams blow everything trying to bring down Sylla and he gets away with 200 HP while his bear's running around murdering everyone.

I dunno... that entire hero needs to go back to the scrapheap so they can come up with a better-designed hero using that concept. But the problem is that the bear is ALWAYS going to get maxed first because of how the hero's designed. Ironically League of Legends would sidestep this kind of design problem with their whole thing with every hero having a free passive - you'd just have the bear scale based on Sylla's level.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

howd they have a champion with two units

thatd never work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    Armlet fix would probably kick Sylla out of his SEEN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME perch, but I doubt people would stop using him entirely - he's just too versatile and too strong not to.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I can't wait for ti3, wish draskyl was only caster because I dislike all of BTS they annoy the fuck out of me, GDStudio ftw

Armlet fix would probably kick Sylla out of his SEEN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME perch, but I doubt people would stop using him entirely - he's just too versatile and too strong not to.
    Sylla is perfectly balanced, quit yapping. Pros will get tired of him eventually, and Armlet isn't even that great.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-05-25 at 09:29 AM.

Don't say "like you said" and then paraphrase something I never said. When I'm solo I usually instaleave when someone abandons, but usually my friends wont let me quit a won game. I don't give a fuck about my stats.

Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are. If leavers getting items is a personal problem for you, then I suppose I can give you your own advice and suck it up. I was never serious about what I initially suggested, I just wanted to point out that to many players someone who wastes everyones time trying to play 1v5 is a lot more annoying than a player who ragequits by typing "disconnect" in console and hitting the abandon button and letting everyone leave instantly. Hell, if I'm in a shitty game and someone in my team bites the bullet and instant abandons I wouldn't mind giving my items and BP to them.
    Coming from someone, who advocates people to play till the end and not give up, because they "cant" properly evaluate their chances? Good one, unfortunately in the last few weeks, you are worse than pizza, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Coming from someone, who advocates people to play till the end and not give up, because they "cant" properly evaluate their chances? Good one, unfortunately in the last few weeks, you are worse than pizza, have a nice day.
    I do advocate people to play to the end and not give up, I don't advocate tormenting your enemies by forcing them to choose between a recorded loss (when they already won) or playing out a boring non-5v5 game. I haven't been saying that you're not allowed to do whatever you want to, I just pointed out that people who stay in ~1v5 games are to me more annoying than all leavers, feeders and afkers combined.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-05-25 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    I do advocate people to play to the end and not give up, I don't advocate tormenting your enemies by forcing them to choose between a recorded loss (when they already won) or playing out a boring non-5v5 game. I haven't been saying that you're not allowed to do whatever you want to, I just pointed out that people who stay in ~1v5 games are to me more annoying than all leavers, feeders and afkers combined.
    (when they already won)

Until the throne is destroyed you have not won anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylla is perfectly balanced, quit yapping. Pros will get tired of him eventually, and Armlet isn't even that great.
    He's a carry that gets 15 armor and 2200 HP with no items, and whose damage output is totally independent of the main hero - ALL THE TIME you'll see the entire enemy team desperately trying to kill Sylla while his bear is just running around killing people. Armlet gives the bear 5 armor, 40 dmg, 25 IAS, and 8 HP/sec regen for 2600 gold, making it one of the most cost-effective items you can get on the bear, especially since it can be built entirely from the side shop and builds out of very cheap items. It's the most common item right now because with just phase boots, armlet, and either maelstrom or a basher, the bear hits very fast, hits for over 200 dmg, and then can either crap out chain lightning or has a bash to couple with the entangle (both of which go through BKB.)

Additionally, armlet bear isn't "enabled" in War3 Dota, so it's an anomaly that it functions in Dota 2.

It's also worth noting that Sylla gets a permanent 40 IAS and 20% ms buff; it essentially eliminates the drawback to using bear form (the ms loss) and means the bear effectively has permanent 522 ms even without using phase boots. I've seen Sylla's bear run down and kill a Weaver ffs, that's insane. Why does the bear NEED to have permanent 522 ms without anything but brown boots? Why isn't kiting the bear an option?

And you need to consider that pros aren't even playing the hero to his full potential; on rare occasions you'll see the pros do something special with the hero (Admiral Bulldog's transitioning the armlet to the hero to stay alive via armlet toggling being an example), but most of the time they aren't really doing anything that you wouldn't see from skilled pub players.

Honestly, the entire hero just needs a rework so that hopefully there'll be some variation in skill builds and playstyles; seeing a hero picked and knowing he's going to be played the exact same as he is in every other game is really boring.

Ranged syllabear gets a second source of damage instead of just hiding in some trees. He's also hard to kill since he has 500 movespeed but most people are somehow not good enough to use two units at once when the bear is just right clicking anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a carry that gets 15 armor and 2200 HP with no items, and whose damage output is totally independent of the main hero - ALL THE TIME you'll see the entire enemy team desperately trying to kill Sylla while his bear is just running around killing people. Armlet gives the bear 5 armor, 40 dmg, 25 IAS, and 8 HP/sec regen for 2600 gold, making it one of the most cost-effective items you can get on the bear, especially since it can be built entirely from the side shop and builds out of very cheap items. It's the most common item right now because with just phase boots, armlet, and either maelstrom or a basher, the bear hits very fast, hits for over 200 dmg, and then can either crap out chain lightning or has a bash to couple with the entangle (both of which go through BKB.)

Additionally, armlet bear isn't "enabled" in War3 Dota, so it's an anomaly that it functions in Dota 2.

It's also worth noting that Sylla gets a permanent 40 IAS and 20% ms buff; it essentially eliminates the drawback to using bear form (the ms loss) and means the bear effectively has permanent 522 ms even without using phase boots. I've seen Sylla's bear run down and kill a Weaver ffs, that's insane. Why does the bear NEED to have permanent 522 ms without anything but brown boots? Why isn't kiting the bear an option?

And you need to consider that pros aren't even playing the hero to his full potential; on rare occasions you'll see the pros do something special with the hero (Admiral Bulldog's transitioning the armlet to the hero to stay alive via armlet toggling being an example), but most of the time they aren't really doing anything that you wouldn't see from skilled pub players.

Honestly, the entire hero just needs a rework so that hopefully there'll be some variation in skill builds and playstyles; seeing a hero picked and knowing he's going to be played the exact same as he is in every other game is really boring.
    Every time i see you ranting about syla - i remember the eul scepter.
    And honestly, i remember syla being a ranged hero with a moving stash, why are you so angry about hero finally being useful?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-05-25 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Why has nobody even mentioned that Sylla is bugged?
    Active armlet gives spirit bear attack speed, which is inconsistent to how it works in Dota1
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=83611
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Why has nobody even mentioned that Sylla is bugged?
    Active armlet gives spirit bear attack speed, which is inconsistent to how it works in Dota1
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=83611
    Just because it was that way in dota, doesn't mean it is bugged in dota2. The scaling may very well be intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Just because it was that way in dota, doesn't mean it is bugged in dota2. The scaling may very well be intended.
    Except if that was intended, it would've been dead simple to do already with the WC3 engine. DotA 2 is to be a 1:1 clone, barring engine limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Except if that was intended, it would've been dead simple to do already with the WC3 engine. DotA 2 is to be a 1:1 clone, barring engine limitations.
    No it's not. SB's moveset doesn't exactly do the same and Luna's ultimate doesn't break Nightstalkers ultimate anymore (to name a few differences). I'm not too familiar with dota, so I can't sum up all the changes, but from what I've read a lot of heroes have adjusted spells/abilities or reworked ones or don't do the same as in dota.

So why would it be impossible that Sylla has a few changes that made him more interesting/compelling to play?