Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Is it so hard to understand my point?=) It's not if I could play the game last year. That is not what the discussion is about. So... we take it from now. The game is launched, and how are they handling it? I dont think they are handling it very well. Putting people in 30+ hours queue 5 days after launch is a terrible service, not many other companies perform that terrible when launching their game.
    Your point is not hard to understand, your unreasonable demands are. This game isn't being launched like most games, because most publishers go "game is out 9/15/2014 pre-order now holy shit" while Valve are like "okay guys, we're about ready to call off the beta" and then "okay, we can launch it about now, you can all start playing soon." As far as I'm concerned, this launch is the best one I've participated in years, and you need to keep 2 things in mind:

1) You're yet to pay a cent to Valve for this game
    2) Valve has not given you a single unkept promise

Both of which are not true when every other publisher try to launch their game and fail. I'm not even fanboying Valve, they do deserve criticism for a lot of things about how they handle this game, but so far the launch has gone exactly as they planned which is fairly respectable.

They have hidden Solo Queue so well, they might as well have removed it. Language really is the last place I was searching.

A bit late to the party but DotA 2 have singelplayer. It's called tutorial and solo play with bots. I dont really see how there could be any other form of singelplayer in DotA, its neither an adventure game or puzzle game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    A bit late to the party but DotA 2 have singelplayer. It's called tutorial and solo play with bots. I dont really see how there could be any other form of singelplayer in DotA, its neither an adventure game or puzzle game.
    Map editor when.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Never played WC3 scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Map editor when.
    Then go play WC3. DotA 2 is not in the need for a map editor. It would be nice sure. But no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Never played WC3 scenarios?
    And those are WC3 maps, not DotA maps. DotA is only Defense of the Ancients, no other mods. They are part of WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    you're aware of the fact that this is valve, right?

they haven't marketed this game at all since launching it. no ads. no tournaments. there is no big launch party. you have had the chance to play the game for almost two years (I got in november 2011 with ease), but didn't. now you've waited what, two days? you didn't pay anything. why would they even want to flood their game with new players before TI3 is finished or before their movie is released, if the trade off is fucking people who already play (and have played for a long time) over?

i dunno man
    Wait, what? wat did i miss
    Is that the documentary you linked?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-07-14 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    http://kotaku.com/valves-got-a-new-m...xt-w-511571946

Already bored, what a shame.

They should, instead, do a documentary on the monumental success of hats. If they cover the revolution that is hats in this documentary then maybe I will see it after all.

it says trailer

They should, instead, do a documentary on the monumental success of hats. If they cover the revolution that is hats in this documentary then maybe I will see it after all.
    http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/econo...strange-email/

Nice read, but it makes me kind of mad. I wish I could trip on my face and land a job with Valve.

Why wouldnt a company be interested in profit?
    Why do they have a cash shop at all?

Sure not everyone needs to play on day one. Most people dont get a perfect gametime on day one of launch either. But most people can play perfectly fine after 5 days. Have yet to see any other game that work this bad after 5 days.

I dont know if I can post of forum when I cant download the game.

Also, you dont have any experiences of this launch. You got pass it because you had beta. So how can you say it works perfectly fine then?
    Woah someone needs to calm down and learn how to wait patiently.

Here's a few facts:
    - you're getting this game 100% free
    - Valve has informed and "communicated" to players on how the launching process will go (yes, dota hasn't launched fully yet, it's still in the launching process)
    - they have a good reason for the queue, as they stated - the playerbase is massive and if they let everyone in at the same time it'll probably melt their servers, rendering everyone unable to play
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Seems like noone has been let in since day after launch, and max 50000 in queue. How hard is it to let those people in really? Im not alone it seems, are thread on steam... cant post and complain to them cause seems to hard to get that email verification going on =(
    Not being able to handle at most 50000 players in 5 days... perhaps I expected this game to be a bit bigger =)

Seems like noone has been let in since day after launch, and max 50000 in queue. How hard is it to let those people in really? Im not alone it seems, are thread on steam... cant post and complain to them cause seems to hard to get that email verification going on =(
    Not being able to handle at most 50000 players in 5 days... perhaps I expected this game to be a bit bigger =)
    You're speculating. People posting why aren't they in yet are people like you. Obviously those who have the game will be playing it, not posting how they got in. How hard is it to let people in? Probably pretty hard since they need to take care of the server loads and constantly upgrade it due to increasing traffic, whilst also regulating the traffic so it doesn't overload the servers.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    You're speculating. People posting why aren't they in yet are people like you. Obviously those who have the game will be playing it, not posting how they got in. How hard is it to let people in? Probably pretty hard since they need to take care of the server loads and constantly upgrade it due to increasing traffic, whilst also regulating the traffic so it doesn't overload the servers.
    Why would people who queued day after launch still not be able to enter and some people who queued after be able to enter? Following what people write and number in queue it makes sense that they for some reason shut out new players day after launch. And not that many players it is. Just very strange. And no communication to new players either

Deleted
    Why would people who queued day after launch still not be able to enter and some people who queued after be able to enter?
    Because if e.g. the North American servers are being overloaded but the European ones aren't, it would be preferable to invite Europeans, even if they're not at the front of the queue.

Deleted
    Cant be that many people though that just adding another server would fix it

Deleted
    I don't think you understand that these things cost a lot of money.

Deleted
    If the answer was as easy as "Throw as much money at the problem as possible." then nobody would have any issues ever.

Why would people who queued day after launch still not be able to enter and some people who queued after be able to enter? Following what people write and number in queue it makes sense that they for some reason shut out new players day after launch. And not that many players it is. Just very strange. And no communication to new players either
    They said it clearly they were going to let new players in in batches to ensure smooth operation. Be patient wait for your time, its not like Valve likes it either. Plus in case you dont know this game requires actual server to host matches, capacity varied by regions, so imagining its launch as a typical staged MMO launch might help.