Deleted
    Well queue started moving now, even if they only let 20k in... Im at least nr 2000ish now, and it's also too late to play for me for a week+ now so no use nagging anymore, will probably be ready by then.

So lets talk game stuff instead. I will be a complete noob for sure, and Im interested in heroes like puck and razzle, they are cute and one is pink and so =) How hard are they to play or are they noob friendly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So lets talk game stuff instead. I will be a complete noob for sure, and Im interested in heroes like puck and razzle, they are cute and one is pink and so =) How hard are they to play or are they noob friendly?
    Puck is really squishy and requires good positioning.
    Dazzle requires you to be able to read the situation really well and time your spells.

That said, both of them are pretty simple at their core. They're not the easiest heroes but not the hardest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Puck is really squishy and requires good positioning.
    Dazzle requires you to be able to read the situation really well and time your spells.

That said, both of them are pretty simple at their core. They're not the easiest heroes but not the hardest.
    Ok, perhaps not heroes to start with directly? Start with sniper (the easiest one or?) and when feeling stronger advance to next step that might be these 2 guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Stopped reading at that. If you want to maintain any credibility in your argument against the MM system try to at least come up with something besides "I always play perfect but mid feeds so he must be bad." I've read people write that exact same thing too many times.
    People wouldn't write it so much if it weren't often 80% truth. I usually end up waiting 8-15 minutes for a game, maybe because I only queue for AR (AP is garbage and the other modes are too reliant on your teammates knowing how to pick heroes.) Most of my games, there's a clear difference in skill level/comprehension between players on a team, let alone the two teams. Sometimes it ends up being "even" - each team has a relatively equal number of bad players and good players - but more often, one team has a noticeable advantage over the other. I'm willing to admit that some of these games might otherwise have been even matches if not for AR being a garbage gamemode that seemingly nearly always gives one team a much stronger lineup than the other... but it's not like there are better options.

I don't get too terribly many Russians, Brazilians, or other "oh, god, not one of them..." types anymore, but I still get a lot of games where I feel I'm considerably better than my teammates/enemies, and sometimes I'll be in games where I feel considerably outclassed by my teammates/enemies. In either case, I feel it's a failing of the matchmaking system not being accurate enough. Think it's something that'll get fixed on its own as numbers of active players increase, or is this an issue with the matchmaking setup itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, perhaps not heroes to start with directly? Start with sniper (the easiest one or?) and when feeling stronger advance to next step that might be these 2 guys?
    Sniper is a very hard carry, almost useless without items. You're gonna need to know how to last hit effectively with him (he has garbage base damage and an unusual animation), and he also has no escape mechanism - if you get opened up on, you're going to die. Drow Ranger would be a better starting hero if you want to play a ranged hero - she's like Sniper in that she's a squishy ranged carry with no escape mechanism, but she's less item reliant due to her ulti, and once you hit 6, you have to try pretty hard not to get last hits.

Dazzle and Puck are accessible, though not beginner level. Dazzle's easy to understand, but it's all in the timing - and every time you mis-time a Shallow Grave, your teammates will flame you for it.

When you finish the tutorial, it should boot you into a limited-heroes queue; pick heroes from that list to get used to before trying others. All of the heroes in that list are brainless to play, and many of them are competitively strong, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Hmmm. I'm from the UK and played around 800 games and I don't think I have ever had to wait more then 7 mins for a game. currently I usually get a game after about 1 min of queueing sometimes sooner it seems to be a lot quicker recently. Can I ask do you have many abandons? I have 3, all due to connection problems my end. I think there might be a priority system regarding abandons and reports. My advice would be have as least amount of abandons as possible and be nice in games.
    1 abandon due to DC. Such long queues were very rare, mostly when I played late at night (or early in the morning, depends on how you look at it). Can't say it happened to me lately, since I started going to sleep a lot earlier.

You can't claim to know anything about the second without knowing about the first.
    The only claim I made in my previous post is that your post is irrelevant, since I was talking about completely different thing. The rest were my observations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    People wouldn't write it so much if it weren't often 80% truth. I usually end up waiting 8-15 minutes for a game, maybe because I only queue for AR (AP is garbage and the other modes are too reliant on your teammates knowing how to pick heroes.) Most of my games, there's a clear difference in skill level/comprehension between players on a team, let alone the two teams. Sometimes it ends up being "even" - each team has a relatively equal number of bad players and good players - but more often, one team has a noticeable advantage over the other. I'm willing to admit that some of these games might otherwise have been even matches if not for AR being a garbage gamemode that seemingly nearly always gives one team a much stronger lineup than the other... but it's not like there are better options.

I don't get too terribly many Russians, Brazilians, or other "oh, god, not one of them..." types anymore, but I still get a lot of games where I feel I'm considerably better than my teammates/enemies, and sometimes I'll be in games where I feel considerably outclassed by my teammates/enemies. In either case, I feel it's a failing of the matchmaking system not being accurate enough. Think it's something that'll get fixed on its own as numbers of active players increase, or is this an issue with the matchmaking setup itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Sniper is a very hard carry, almost useless without items. You're gonna need to know how to last hit effectively with him (he has garbage base damage and an unusual animation), and he also has no escape mechanism - if you get opened up on, you're going to die. Drow Ranger would be a better starting hero if you want to play a ranged hero - she's like Sniper in that she's a squishy ranged carry with no escape mechanism, but she's less item reliant due to her ulti, and once you hit 6, you have to try pretty hard not to get last hits.

Dazzle and Puck are accessible, though not beginner level. Dazzle's easy to understand, but it's all in the timing - and every time you mis-time a Shallow Grave, your teammates will flame you for it.

When you finish the tutorial, it should boot you into a limited-heroes queue; pick heroes from that list to get used to before trying others. All of the heroes in that list are brainless to play, and many of them are competitively strong, too.
    Ok thanks bro, that's great info that seems like it will help a lot =) Will try learn those first =) Good thing I will play with friends that know Im noob and are prepared for it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks bro, that's great info that seems like it will help a lot =) Will try learn those first =) Good thing I will play with friends that know Im noob and are prepared for it :P
    A general recipe for success at all levels of play, from the lowest of the low to the best professional players, is to just stack stuns. You'll almost never go wrong by picking a hero with a stun or some other kind of powerful disable. Stuns, hexes, that sort of thing - all super super strong in Dota, and since there aren't any sort of diminishing returns on the effects, you're never hurting yourself or your team by picking up more of them.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    The only claim I made in my previous post is that your post is irrelevant, since I was talking about completely different thing. The rest were my observations.
    And the only claim I made is that your claim of irrelevancy is both ill-informed and irrelevant as well.

People wouldn't write it so much if it weren't often 80% truth.
    Dihydrogen monoxide scam. Fluoride conspiracies, 9/11 conspiracies, illuminati
    etc etc etc

Play whatever you want to play, you learn faster when you're having fun.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-07-18 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Wrong quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Dihydrogen monoxide scam. Fluoride conspiracies, 9/11 conspiracies, illuminati
    etc etc etc
    Irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    People wouldn't write it so much if it weren't often 80% truth.
    Truth is biased. The guy who lost mid in his same game could write on the same forum rage post of "we had no wards on runes and enemy team kept taking them, our team couldn't track where enemy is going and i don't even talk about helping me with a gank while i've got ganked by BH from offlane several times"

- - - Updated - - -

Try Lich. He has one of the strongest spammable nukes and his ult requires enemy team have brains. Pretty much like banelings in bronze league of startcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I usually recommend Dragon Knight to new players since his passive allows him to stay in lane and makes him pretty tanky regardless of farm. Not so useful to the team but good to learn on.

And he turns into a cute dragon..
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Deleted
    Irrelevant.
    Clearly if your argument doesn't apply all the time then there's some sort of premise missing from it.
    Would you mind providing us with it?

Play a hero who is not farm dependent , has no skill shots , and also can easily farm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    Play a hero who is not farm dependent (...) and also can easily farm
    A hero that doesn't need farm, but can farm easily.
    ...Why would you farm if you're not farm dependant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    A hero that doesn't need farm, but can farm easily.
    ...Why would you farm if you're not farm dependant.
    Maybe Jakiro? I don't know what he meant
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Matchmaking is seriously buttfucking my team. There is something wrong about it since release. It never worked like this.

To give a more detailed example, our team was this (win count per player): ~150, 94, ~63, ~30, <10 while their team was 200+, 300+, 300+, 400+, 600+

I mean what the hell. And we weren't on a winning streak. And they matched us 3 or 4 games like this, with us having 2 newbie players and 2 players below 100 wins, while they had 200-600 wins. I wouldn't mind if it matched us against people with 100-200 wins (even then it would be unfair because we had 2 *almost complete* rookies), but this was just beyond silly. There is no way we can teach our rookies if we get guys like this that even the most experienced players on our team have problems dealing with.
    win count doesnt really ... count. One can play quite much but on the same skill level as a lesser much played one - if you know what I mean.

Well queue started moving now, even if they only let 20k in... Im at least nr 2000ish now, and it's also too late to play for me for a week+ now so no use nagging anymore, will probably be ready by then.

Warlock, zeus and lich are 3 most noob friendly heroes I know of. You cant miss warlock ulti, lich doesnt require mana management and zeus got quite strong nuke pack.

People wouldn't write it so much if it weren't often 80% truth. I usually end up waiting 8-15 minutes for a game
    This might sound crazy but how about you don't queue for servers and modes that take 15 minutes to get you a game if you care about it being balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    This might sound crazy but how about you don't queue for servers and modes that take 15 minutes to get you a game if you care about it being balanced.
    but how do you escape the inherent and incredible amount of tryhard in AP

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    but how do you escape the inherent and incredible amount of tryhard in AP
    Lock in tree instantly every game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lock in tree instantly every game.
    Went AP and won against tree.

Your move atheists.

We had Abbadon lul
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-07-18 at 09:28 PM.