Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think im done supporting in pubs, theres no point. Ide rather lose as 5 carries than be blamed for everything.
    People will always find something to blame others for, regardless of what hero you play.

I get this "I'm done supporting!" feeling from time to time. But then I realize that if I won't buy wards, our team will have limited vision, if I won't buy sentries and/or gem, stealthers will rape us, and if I won't buy dusts, we'll never ever ever ever kill that Weaver. My friends tell me that I should stop caring and start playing like everyone else (i.e. fool around), but what's the point in playing a game if you don't care about winning and/or don't do whatever it takes to win? I don't get it. So I keep playing supports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    People tend to give up quicker on mid-high MMR and then it drastically changes when you get to very high MMR. It's funny because people think they are so good at that level and they can quickly see if game is lost or not.
    Guess my MMR is ultra-low then.

Deleted
    The most infuriating thing is, that no one picks supports, its so annoying. Even in the enemy team its always carries, I swear the international gave us a new batch of retards to contest with.
    Plenty of people pick visage and feed birds actually.

The most infuriating thing is, that no one picks supports, its so annoying. Even in the enemy team its always carries, I swear the international gave us a new batch of retards to contest with.
    people dont pick supports, because they dont wanna play 20 minutes on brown boots and wand and being yelled at for not buying wards all the time and for what, a carry that cant lasthit and has no map awareness and mid that ignores runes even if you ward them? You kinda loose interest in being the sacrifical hero for the team if the team doesnt pay you back with the advantages you gave them, Id rather stick to being mid/ganker and do stuff that actually hurts enemy rather than help my allies without knowing if they can capitalize on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    people dont pick supports, because they dont wanna play 20 minutes on brown boots and wand and being yelled at for not buying wards all the time and for what, a carry that cant lasthit and has no map awareness and mid that ignores runes even if you ward them? You kinda loose interest in being the sacrifical hero for the team if the team doesnt pay you back with the advantages you gave them, Id rather stick to being mid/ganker and do stuff that actually hurts enemy rather than help my allies without knowing if they can capitalize on it.
    That's why i pick fun supports like ogre or CM and take runes by myself and gank enemies. I shit on my carry because fuck him =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I love playing support : (

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    You can easily get quite a lot of farm as a support in pubs, the pull camp is rarely warded even in v high. For fun, I occasionally even start with 0 gold(ie buy a bottle for the mid, or cour+wards+consumables for others)

But i can't really be arsed to do that for randoms that random, start with 850g, buy boots as first items, miss a lot of cs as carrys or throw games.

Deleted
    I've never been yelled at for not buying wards or only having brown boots by my teammates. Maybe because I actually buy wards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    You can easily get quite a lot of farm as a support in pubs, the pull camp is rarely warded even in v high.
    Really? I solo queue most often and I almost always see it warded.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-08-16 at 03:08 PM.

I love playing support too. But only when I'm playing with people I know. If I'm playing a pub game, I normally just go with a carry or something so I can at least do something if our team isn't exactly on top of things. But with friends, playing support can be just as fun as playing a hard carry. I dunno why people don't like it.

Deleted
    I think im done supporting in pubs, theres no point. Ide rather lose as 5 carries than be blamed for everything.

Im always the only support, and people constantly whine when I either dont have money for wards, smokes, items.

Or they whine when I forget to use one of my 9 fucking spells. Must be so hard right clicking to win.
    Ye, I love when you are solo support, you buy both courier and wards. 3 mins into the game the mid is screaming at you for not upgrading the courier ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Ye, I love when you are solo support, you buy both courier and wards. 3 mins into the game the mid is screaming at you for not upgrading the courier ._.
    Yeah. Somehow you're supposed to give a carry free farm and have everything up; anti wards, smokes, normal wards, couriers and also tping every where to counter gank else you are the most horrible support ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I remember in wc3 when courier was implemented you could just don't turn on shared units to people. I WISH I COULD DO THE SAME IN DOTA 2.
    Like, hey, you called me a pussy? then have fun running to fountain for your items bitch.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember in wc3 when courier was implemented you could just don't turn on shared units to people. I WISH I COULD DO THE SAME IN DOTA 2.
    Like, hey, you called me a pussy? then have fun running to fountain for your items bitch.
    I miss that so much! I loved that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    Yeah. Somehow you're supposed to give a carry free farm and have everything up; anti wards, smokes, normal wards, couriers and also tping every where to counter gank else you are the most horrible support ever.
    yes, this is part of playing support. i think its funny some people think Carry is the hard role, when you are playing support you DO need to put this stuff up. Nobody said it was easy.

Also; my steam name is VisceralViscous. Feel free to add if you want to see how to play support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    I love playing support : (
    Well I love it.CM is my favourite atm, although its partly for the icy aesthetic as I like that with magic in fantasy games .
    Then again I've always preferred supporting roles in all multiplayer games, whether it be playing a tank or healer in WoW or playing Medic in TF2.

I'm not 100% sure why most people dislike playing support (in any game) although I guess I'd put my money on it having to do with K/A/D's in those games as it's much more noticeable if you're doing well as the killy guy than as a support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'm not 100% sure why most people dislike playing support (in any game) although I guess I'd put my money on it having to do with K/A/D's in those games as it's much more noticeable if you're doing well as the killy guy than as a support.
    I don't play support because if your team is behind and the game is a bit passive, you just run around trying not to get caught and stand and watch rest of your team farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I love it.CM is my favourite atm, although its partly for the icy aesthetic as I like that with magic in fantasy games .
    Then again I've always preferred supporting roles in all multiplayer games, whether it be playing a tank or healer in WoW or playing Medic in TF2.
    I want CM set with feathers =(

10+ Year Old Account

You REALLY shouldnt be concerned with K/D/A, especially if you are just playing Public games. Ignore all that bullsh$t your teammates are screaming at you, add good players and get a 5 man together. With proper communication between 5 people the game will change drastically for you, and Im not just talking about more wins. Synergy and communication is key

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Really? I solo queue most often and I almost always see it warded.
    That's just because you remember more games where it was warded then games it wasn't. If you go play 10 games right now, I'd bet the ratio of unwarded to warded won't be lower then 7:3 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That's just because you remember more games where it was warded then games it wasn't. If you go play 10 games right now, I'd bet the ratio of unwarded to warded won't be lower then 7:3 :P
    Just deal with it for a while, once you get to like 400+ wins you will get matched with people who will ward consistently. It gets better, trust me

Valve pls, i've been waiting for this to be released after TI3 ended.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter