Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That's just because you remember more games where it was warded then games it wasn't. If you go play 10 games right now, I'd bet the ratio of unwarded to warded won't be lower then 7:3 :P
    My last 4 games it was warded =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I want CM set with feathers =(
    But her Snowdrop set is sooo awesome.
    Then again I love all of Anuxi's sets. She's easily my favourite when it comes to the Worskhop items etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That's just because you remember more games where it was warded then games it wasn't. If you go play 10 games right now, I'd bet the ratio of unwarded to warded won't be lower then 7:3 :P
    Another reason why I pick support as well as just enjoying it. At least in my bracket there are quite a few people who are just atrocious at support, they're not in the majority of players but they damn well aren't the minority either. Stealing farm, no courier, no wards, no flying courier and poor item choices in general. I don't really trust others most of the time to do it well if at all.

I kinda wish the next hero tutorial valve do is about playing support and really hammers in the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury Treann View Post
    Valve pls, i've been waiting for this to be released after TI3 ended.
    Sorry no dargons for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I kinda wish the next hero tutorial valve do is about playing support and really hammers in the basics.
    I don't think it'll change anything. IMO, people don't support "properly" because they don't want to, not because they don't know how. Many people prefer to be that guy, who farms 6 slots and then kills the entire enemy team single-handedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    I don't think it'll change anything. IMO, people don't support "properly" because they don't want to, not because they don't know how. Many people prefer to be that guy, who farms 6 slots and then kills the entire enemy team single-handedly.
    Looking at people who do play supports, but play it really crappily, I honestly believe a lot of them think their entire job is denying creepwaves. That the carry has to somehow chase away the enemy heroes single-handedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Looking at people who do play supports, but play it really crappily, I honestly believe a lot of them think their entire job is denying creepwaves. That the carry has to somehow chase away the enemy heroes single-handedly.
    And that goes both ways. You'd think it's the support job to babysit you and take 99% of the enemy hero health just so you can right click and take the cash.
    Stop being an egocentric bitch and play the game as it's supposed to. You have to deny creeps as well, buy wards as well if you must. It's not all " rage and kill". You're not the sole person playing the game....

There's no need for insults.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-08-17 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Stop being an egocentric bitch
    That's pretty rash just for saying most supports play crappily. Especially when it's very true that most players and even most support players aren't very good at their role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm speaking of which are there actually any good support guides somewhere on the internet?
    At least most of them I've read only cover the absolute basics.

Deleted
    Hmm speaking of which are there actually any good support guides somewhere on the internet?
    Here is a great guide on warding (it is ALOT to read) http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...de-to-warding/

I belive warding is the first step you should learn when supporting

10+ Year Old Account
    There is couple of good guides http://www.youtube.com/XVRogueGaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I watched how Purge plays supports on his YouTube channel. He usually comments a lot on what he's doing and why, so it's a good start.
    Another way is to google "warding", "de-warding", "neutrals stacking", "pulling creeps", "support items" or something like that. I guess the rest (like babysitting and setting up kills for carries) can't be learned from guides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    play the game as it's supposed to.
    That only works for real games, not mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    That's pretty rash just for saying most supports play crappily. Especially when it's very true that most players and even most support players aren't very good at their role.
    his point still stands, there just as much bad carry players as there are supports (and to be honest, supports DO have it harder in unorganzied pubs) and blaming supports that need to get the money for wards/dust/smoke etc somewhere for everything isnt really gonna make more players play supports. When your average carry is capable of 60+ creep kills at 10 minutes, then you can start expecting your average support to do more than "just deny a creep wave." As long as those carrys are happy with 30~ they dont have a right to complain.

Also its easier to just blame support for bad pulling, when carry cant even react properly and play more defensively/offensively depending on how your support plays and pulls. I had tons of games where carry just blankly stares at the creep HP to lasthit and doesnt react to anything, the worst was when i was playing nyx with gyro and we had some lousy soloer against us, I gave the gyro opportunity of atleast 4 or 5 kills in first three minutes if he wasnt damn slowpoke and not reacted to pings 10 seconds later... atleast their soloer had like no gold since he was afraid of the gyros barrage alot more than he needed to and just stayed way back... which would have been fine, if the gyro atleast could lasthit at all when uncontested, but he finished his boots in like 11 minutes or so...

Deleted
    Am I the only one ready for a TI4 battle bonus? All the points I'm not getting anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    his point still stands, there just as much bad carry players as there are supports (and to be honest, supports DO have it harder in unorganzied pubs) and blaming supports that need to get the money for wards/dust/smoke etc somewhere for everything isnt really gonna make more players play supports. When your average carry is capable of 60+ creep kills at 10 minutes, then you can start expecting your average support to do more than "just deny a creep wave." As long as those carrys are happy with 30~ they dont have a right to complain.
    So damn true. It's easy to blame supports for not doing something from a long list of what's generally expected of supports, while many carry pickers can't even right-click, hence can't farm, hence can't carry - regardless of how good their supports are.

Deleted
    I wonder which Champ should i play cause there a lot O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenomilo View Post
    Am I the only one ready for a TI4 battle bonus? All the points I'm not getting anymore!
    It does feel off without it. As if I'm getting almost no BP's at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Here is a great guide on warding (it is ALOT to read) http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...de-to-warding/

I belive warding is the first step you should learn when supporting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There is couple of good guides http://www.youtube.com/XVRogueGaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    I watched how Purge plays supports on his YouTube channel. He usually comments a lot on what he's doing and why, so it's a good start.
    Another way is to google "warding", "de-warding", "neutrals stacking", "pulling creeps", "support items" or something like that. I guess the rest (like babysitting and setting up kills for carries) can't be learned from guides.
    Thanks I'll look into all of these.
    Atm I know pretty much all of the basics including giving the carry solo exp when it's safe, running off to stack etc etc. My problem is execution and keeping it consistent as I've had games where I've felt useless and times where I've given myself a good pat on the back.

Deleted
    Just played a game as Enigma, teammates were Ursa, PA, Naga and NYX. I started by buying wards and courier, upg the courier asap. Had to share jungle with Ursa, tried to afford mek, still after 6 minutes they started to yelling about wards. I have to find a team to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am free to play at ru/eu servers in a 30-40 minutes. If anyone concerned add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012374712/
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I think there should be an item to protect from bashes like bkb does for magic. Maybe some other effects too which bkb doesnt cover(like entangle).

The only thing you can really buy to prevent perma bashes is dodge and fun fact: the item to counter dodge has a bash on it.

What would you say to such an item?