Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    The normal/high/very high system is used to show whether a match had above average GPM/XPM, cs, KDA etc, and does not have anything to do with the MMR system. In practice, players with high MMR tend to have matches in the higher brackets but lower skill games get there reasonably often as well.
    Can you show me the source of your claim?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    yesterday I was told that "its impossible to win against mid OD so screw you gay tryhard!".

It was said by TA, btw.
    Was slightly amused.
    Are you implying TA has a chance against OD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    ya how do you cast refraction with 13 mana again

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    no Im not.

but TA has it better than most other mid heroes.

Oh, btw, Ive seen OD completely lose mid against Tinker.
    Never thought that was possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    Just ward his jungle
    Just jungle his wards

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Lol, I won mid with a Pudge last time I was against an OD. He is not even close to be the worst mid to be up against.
    dunno.
    In my opinion, pudge is one of the softest mids vs OD.

Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    Just jungle his wards
    Just reduce his hp to zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played a game the other day (incredibly low MMR) with a guy who picked Drow within a second of the menu coming up, then only got Frost Arrows, stat boosts, and ultimate. The entire game.

- - - Updated - - -

Just reduce his hp to zero.
    Just reduce his zero to hp?

Deleted
    dunno.
    well. Just have patience til level 6 and win. Can be a problem if you are bad at hooking though

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    well. Just have patience til level 6 and win. Can be a problem if you are bad at hooking though
    More like OD would be bad at standing behind creeps. Your only real shot at 'winning' against OD as Pudge is to lose spectacularly for 5 minutes and then kill him a few times during the first night. Problem is, at that point OD probably has some items and is 1-2 levels above you and with a high probability can just banish you and walk away or just shit on you and thank you for the initiation. I don't really like doing the whole 'he was probably a bit bad' rain on your parade thing, but that's all I can really think of. Even in top MMR games you see OD players use awful skillbuilds and lose their mid lanes even without getting ganked, but when you know what you're doing OD mid becomes a very effortless thing to pull off.

There really are very few heroes who can be expected to have a shot at beating OD in a 'fair' 1v1 mid, Nyx being the only one of melee heroes and even his chances aren't too high.

Deleted
    Did I miss something or is there no ladder or leaderboard to progress through? I imagined this game having something like bronze league and such thing. Cant find anything about it though. Anyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Did I miss something or is there no ladder or leaderboard to progress through? I imagined this game having something like bronze league and such thing. Cant find anything about it though. Anyone?
    The only visible ranking system is for team-matchmaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolfster View Post
    The only visible ranking system is for team-matchmaking.
    Ok know if they are going to implement something else? I never played old Dota, did they have any ladder or so?

Deleted
    Ok know if they are going to implement something else? I never played old Dota, did they have any ladder or so?
    Some people would like to see something like the system implemented in LoL: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_system

On the other hand others (and I tend to agree) have the opinion that a solo ladder for a strictly team-based game make no sense. There is a hidden system that attributes a rating to players to try to create balanced games, but I don't think there is any info available about how does it really work (if it works at all ).

Deleted
    nah once you implement a ladder in non-team games those games become ''serious businezz'',and that's when the false reports about ''ruining games'' go rampant.
    people will get reported for chosing weak heroes,being less good at the game and whatnot more then ever

If you are concerned about rating systems, there is a plethora of inhouse leagues and ladder sites you can use. Ixdl open is one of the bigger ones, but I have found more awful players there compared to regular matchmaking. Plus you will not get any hats.

So it has come to this.

I just got flamed FOTM for playing Crystal Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    So it has come to this.

#crystalmaidenbandwagon

Why don't you pick a hero that takes skill to use instead, like Storm Spirit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    #crystalmaidenbandwagon

Why don't you pick a hero that takes skill to use instead, like Storm Spirit?
    Or ultless Visage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    So it has come to this.

I love CM, and would like to play her as many games as possible. I wouldnt care about that kind of flaming, if people flame for that they will flame you for whatev you choose really. It's an easy char to play, yes... but then enemy can choose anti-mage and use bkb and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love CM, and would like to play her as many games as possible. I wouldnt care about that kind of flaming, if people flame for that they will flame you for whatev you choose really. It's an easy char to play, yes... but then enemy can choose anti-mage and use bkb and so on.
    People flame for no reason anyway these days. Heck on EU we sometimes get flamed for not being russian, f**k me right?..

Personally I'm not even a fan of counter-picking so I just pick random and go with it unless playing with friends.