I'd say Dota2 issues are very similar to what was in WoW, both in PVE and PVP.

The moment melee heroes have enough mobility due to ability to OUTRUN or outinnitiate range heroes, the range heroes will fall down in pick popularity.
    Take a troll as example, having base run speed in melee form at about 460+ while most range heroes are at most 350 - this is huge.
    If you ever wondered what does the number stands for, merlini explained it nicely on YT. For every unit, you move for that unit distance in 1 sec.

That basicly means that troll needs at most 2-3 sec to catch a slower hero. Add to that any disables, slows and you are pretty much screwed, becouse range heroes have only the edge if they can stay at range. The same is true for e.x jugg , his ulti cast range nerf didnt do almost anything. Why? That hero is to fu*** fast, not to mention the bug when if the other hero is running away, the actual cast range is still ~800...
    Above also is an issue for range heroes when a melee hero outrun them, becouse they CANT do any dmg or it take opposing hero 1 sec to get out of their range. Orb walking is not enough in this case.

Regardless of blink dagger, either they rethink run speed model per hero (especially troll/jug), adjust items accordingly aswell, I see the problems not gonna get better anytime soon.
    Other thing is hero attack range. Look how good is sniper and Lina. They have 200+ attack range atm than most range heroes.

It is very complex, and needs very sophisticated thinkin and work around. Lets see how icefraud work it out.

Here is jugg Omnislash bug http://gfycat.com/OptimisticCraftyAztecant
    - Regardless where the issue lies, network, engine, it is still F****

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...sh_range_nerf/

Similar issue https://gfycat.com/HandyFluidGalah

It still amaze me, how Valve is behind on network mechanics. It is all the same since Counter-strike ... Basicly ~20 years of the same network mechanism/engine...
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2015-04-18 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems for me that at some point devs forgot about turning mechanic, they could utilize it to make melee heroes better at fighting or standing off ranged heroes, but no, lets just fuck everything up by throwing blinks and extra MS on melee
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Is maxing both Luna's passives and leveling stats actually like, legit in any way? I had a Luna yesterday do that, completely ignored leveling her stun until like, level 15, and never went into her ult.

Ended up being a 3 stack blaming everyone else (Me as TA and a Medusa), but still.

Luna's ult is the only reason to pick her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Luna's ult is the only reason to pick her.
    I thought her survivability was the only reason to pick her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is maxing both Luna's passives and leveling stats actually like, legit in any way? I had a Luna yesterday do that, completely ignored leveling her stun until like, level 15, and never went into her ult.

Ended up being a 3 stack blaming everyone else (Me as TA and a Medusa), but still.
    You could maybe make a case for taking 1 point in Lunar Blessing and then leaving it in favour of stats, but even that would be a stretch. Lucent Beam on the other hand is the only reason she has any real presence in lane early game, and her ult is guaranteed kills for her post level 6 and as always is strong in a team fight, so skipping them both is, for lack of better phrasing, bloody stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You could maybe make a case for taking 1 point in Lunar Blessing and then leaving it in favour of stats, but even that would be a stretch. Lucent Beam on the other hand is the only reason she has any real presence in lane early game, and her ult is guaranteed kills for her post level 6 and as always is strong in a team fight, so skipping them both is, for lack of better phrasing, bloody stupid.
    Skipping extra points in aura for stats is usually much better.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Alright, so it was probably just someone trying to play around with a different build I guess.

I was just caught off guard because they were complaining about no ganks (Or successful ones) while having no stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so it was probably just someone trying to play around with a different build I guess.

I was just caught off guard because they were complaining about no ganks (Or successful ones) while having no stun.
    Was this person South American?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Was this person South American?
    I have no idea, but they made sure to fully update me on how much I suck on a scale from one to ten because I took mid from them or something.

I know I suck already, I don't need reminders! I was just curious if I missed some like, new meta Luna, since I do actually like Luna.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea, but they made sure to fully update me on how much I suck on a scale from one to ten because I took mid from them or something.

I know I suck already, I don't need reminders! I was just curious if I missed some like, new meta Luna, since I do actually like Luna.
    I kinda/sorta miss seeing Luna in games. I feel like they should give her a huge turnrate boost so she can kite effectively or something. No point to having 330 ms if your attack animation and turn rate are slow enough to let CM juke you.

- - - Updated - - -

God Storm Spirit just needs to be automatically banned in every single game. Hero is broken at a fundamental level. Once you have a couple basic items like Soul Ring+Bottle, zip doesn't have a significant mana cost. And even if you get shut out of lane, you can just go with a max Q build and use its efficient damage to blow up some creep camps until you have those simple items and then faceroll some kills and snowball out of control like SumaiL did in that one game.

I don't know what to do about it either. Increase zip mana cost? But the problem is that items invalidate it quickly no matter what you do. You could make it cost a ton of mana but then Storm Spirit is broken in the other direction and will never be seen again. Almost like it needs exponentially increasing cost the farther you zip, so that zipping more than like 800 units either requires an obscene amount of MP/regen or you're accepting that you'll be OOM and unable to fight when you do arrive.

I miss the days where Luna didn't need levels in beam to use ult. Aura/stats/mask of madness rush Luna best Luna.

Want to fix Storm? Nerf overload/flat out remove the damage on his ultimate. His mobility is not the issue, it's the fact that he also has huge damage to match his guaranteed initiation.

They also need to remove the ability for euls to self cleanse imo.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-04-18 at 09:57 PM.

PizzaSHARK, how about you actually play the hero at least once this year before you throw out that sort of claim? And win a game on him no less.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2015-04-18 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Skipping extra points in aura for stats is usually much better.
    It would depend on the situation. If you're in a trilane with two ranged supports, I would say Lunar Blessing is much better than stats. Even with one other ranged support, I'd still say its worth it. You can perhaps justify leveling it later on if you're either with melee supports (Or ranged ones who aren't harassing), but you do want to take it at some point in my opinion. Its a flat 38 damage for your entire team that they're not going to be getting from anywhere else and across 5 people that can add up extremely quickly. It goes without saying that you want to level it if you've got other Auras on your team such as Drow, Venge or Beastmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    PizzaSHARK, how about you actually play the hero at least once this year before you throw out that sort of claim? And win a game on him no less.
    You don't need to play him to do it. Same thing with Sniper or any other hero that's overpowered to the point that it practically plays itself. Storm Spirit is not a complex hero that requires the ability to do multiple things at once. He's not Meepo or Invoker. He's not even Visage, Chen, or Syllabear.

Can you press R and click the ground near your target? y/n? Can you press W and click your target? y/n? Can you press Q? y/n? Congratulations, you can play Storm Spirit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It would depend on the situation. If you're in a trilane with two ranged supports, I would say Lunar Blessing is much better than stats. Even with one other ranged support, I'd still say its worth it. You can perhaps justify leveling it later on if you're either with melee supports (Or ranged ones who aren't harassing), but you do want to take it at some point in my opinion. Its a flat 38 damage for your entire team that they're not going to be getting from anywhere else and across 5 people that can add up extremely quickly. It goes without saying that you want to level it if you've got other Auras on your team such as Drow, Venge or Beastmaster.
    The issue is that Luna is incredibly squishy and needs that extra HP because Eclipse ends if she dies. Supports right clicking and Luna's own right clicks don't matter much for most of the game, but the extra 38 HP/lvl can be the difference between living long enough to complete the Eclipse or dying two seconds into it.

Imo luna is not that bad especially after the glaive increase change but the current meta it is barely gonna work. Anti-Fun hero especially once they break T3... and you cant even come close to T4 due to glaive bounce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Imo luna is not that bad especially after the glaive increase change but the current meta it is barely gonna work. Anti-Fun hero especially once they break T3... and you cant even come close to T4 due to glaive bounce.
    I feel like her biggest issue is the repeated nerfs to BKB, both direct and indirect. She's incredibly reliant on BKB but BKB itself has been nerfed and there are now at least two popular heroes that can blow her up even with BKB active, not to mention all the stuff that goes through BKB to begin with.

I mean, she's great at farming and is very strong when attacking high ground because of her glaives, but there are a lot of heroes that farm well and are less squishy.

I agree, biggest issue with Luna at the moment is scepter Lina doing 80% of her health instantly. Luna kind of needs manta AND bkb AND satanic at this point to be a viable team fighter, where most other carrys just need 1 item. And, if you build a team around farming for long enough to get 3-4 core items, why not pick Medusa or Spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I miss the days where Luna didn't need levels in beam to use ult. Aura/stats/mask of madness rush Luna best Luna.
    Is that really though? Like, that's what they were doing, but they weren't succeeding really at it it seemed like.

Or are you saying that like, that's how she used to be built?
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-04-19 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happened to Xin? He seems like he's really well suited for late game pushing. SoF lets you hit people around the t3/rax without putting yourself too close to the line of fire, and even with just bfury+buriza he can hit supports for like half their health, maybe more if he drops bolas during the SoF. Is it because he's basically worthless in the mid game?