Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    sure, but i would absolutely put a point into berserker's call before i put a point into battle hunger

i don't know
    whatever
    I fully agree with you. Honestly, last time I played Axe I'm pretty sure I skipped battle hunger completely until both were maxed, but like, that was before the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    sure, but i would absolutely put a point into berserker's call before i put a point into battle hunger

i don't know
    whatever
    Nit picking a hero that has a skill requirement of zero is a bad use of your precious time.

Elevate the discussion to talk of heroes that demand the monitor actually be on in order to win.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I skip hunger now, it just doesn't do enough damage for me anymore, I'd rather rush blink and have the mana for multiple berserkers in a fight and then go full douchebag mode with armlet SY etc or else get scepter and then get hunger in later levels.

And Storm needs nerfs, but VG was very heavily outdrafted in general by EG that game. Though, it is still a very fine showcase for how stupidly broken the hero is. Once he got Orchid the game was over, VG's only way to stop him was auto-disabled by immune-Spirit. Which is the worst part about him. It's funny, if they removed the ability for him to use items during his ult, he'd probably become trash tier instantly, in spite of how ridiculous powerful he still is naked. But, for all his strengths and lack of weaknesses, that's really the one thing that tips him over the edge of "how the fuck is this seriously still a part of the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Nit picking a hero that has a skill requirement of zero is a bad use of your precious time.

Elevate the discussion to talk of heroes that demand the monitor actually be on in order to win.
    That isn't how discussions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    no, but people saying he needs nerfs because they cant counter is equally silly
    There are plenty of counters to Storm, but very little shuts him down for real. He doesn't need an awful lot to become a relevant hero, and in today's multicore lineup he only needs to be a contributing factor, which he is in spades.

I don't think Storm is really counterable in any reasonable manner. Global silence is about the only thing, and he can BKB out of that easily. Lets look at all the other broken heroes, though, for comparison:

Omni - broken as hell, buy diffusal and you pretty much erase him from the game
    Void - broken as hell, but if you pick dark seer you can vacuum his entire team into the Chrono + you can harass him pretty hard in lane with ion shell. Add in any hero that can disrupt allies (SD, OD, pugna) and you're gold
    Tinker - broken as hell, but you don't have to counter him because nobody will pick him now that he requires more than one finger to play
    Lina - broken as hell, well actually you can't do much about this one but since she's a pure caster she's only really guaranteed one kill per team fight and she's vulnerable to being snapped in two by a right clicker
    Storm - cry a lot, try to feed as little as possible and pray you can beat the other 4 members of his team hard enough that he can't 1v5

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Void - broken as hell, but if you pick dark seer you can vacuum his entire team into the Chrono + you can harass him pretty hard in lane with ion shell. Add in any hero that can disrupt allies (SD, OD, pugna) and you're gold
    For some reason, I've never thought of vacuuming people into the Chronos...this is now my new Dota goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For some reason, I've never thought of vacuuming people into the Chronos...this is now my new Dota goal.
    I used to force staff ppl into chrono before it was cool. Also outrage from enemy team "gg report Void chrono allies"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I used to force staff ppl into chrono before it was cool. Also outrage from enemy team "gg report Void chrono allies"
    Man, and the only thing I could think of earlier was using brewmasters haze on him when he chronoed. Would of got heavens halberd if I didn't suck at brew.

Man, and the only thing I could think of earlier was using brewmasters haze on him when he chronoed. Would of got heavens halberd if I didn't suck at brew.
    Tusks Sigil also helps a bit, can even move within the Chrono and has the advantage of affecting bkb'd void.

This game is so much easier if people:
    a) Just listen how you pace the game
    b) buy items you tell them to

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Tusks Sigil also helps a bit, can even move within the Chrono and has the advantage of affecting bkb'd void.
    Oh, that's good to know too actually, I didn't know the sigil could still move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    This game is so much easier if people:
    a) Just listen how you pace the game
    b) buy items you tell them to
    But instead you just get people who would rather go "Really *Whatever hero you're playing*?!?!?!" and go on about how you suck rather than giving any advice at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    But instead you just get people who would rather go "Really *Whatever hero you're playing*?!?!?!" and go on about how you suck rather than giving any advice at all.
    I stopped paying any attention to how others play or what they do when I got muted for 24 hours after spending the previous day or two trying to (politely) help people improve their item builds or skill builds. Most games I end up muting at least one person on my team. I don't say anything anymore, I just mute them and if they're being an ass, I report them.

Spacecow feels stupidly strong to me. I'm not sure if he's OP... he probably has a couple of huge weaknesses I can't think of right now, but goddamn does that guy have insane map presence with 12 sec cd Charge of Darkness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Instant CC and wards is his weakness. If you see him coming and TP he's screwed. Also, heroes that don't die from just his ult. Granted, if he's smart enough to smoke it can be dangerous. But, knowing he's going to probably charge from fountain makes it easier. If he ganks mid, you're already close to tower so a quick TP can stop him. If he's ganking side lanes, you can obs jungle and see it coming. If he uses smoke, put up sentries and he'll be out of smokes after a couple of tries. It takes effort, but if you don't feed him he's a trash tier hero, godawful at farming and not really all that good a hero with gold even if he does get kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard Enigma eats Bara on breakfast
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

That isn't how discussions work.
    Ok that's fair I suppose.

My contribution to the discussion is that the hero Axe is a broken piece of shit that takes a game supposedly based upon skill and diminishes it down to something on the level of patty-cake.

I see it as nothing more than a ruiner of pubs and a constant source of shit talking and abandoning.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2015-04-24 at 02:53 PM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Ok that's fair I suppose.

My contribution to the discussion is that the hero Axe is a broken piece of shit that takes a game supposedly based upon skill and diminishes it down to something on the level of patty-cake.

I see it as nothing more than a ruiner of pubs and a constant source of shit talking and abandoning.
    ur rong lol git gud

am i gud at discusin?

Axe is fine
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-04-24 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Instant CC and wards is his weakness. If you see him coming and TP he's screwed. Also, heroes that don't die from just his ult. Granted, if he's smart enough to smoke it can be dangerous. But, knowing he's going to probably charge from fountain makes it easier. If he ganks mid, you're already close to tower so a quick TP can stop him. If he's ganking side lanes, you can obs jungle and see it coming. If he uses smoke, put up sentries and he'll be out of smokes after a couple of tries. It takes effort, but if you don't feed him he's a trash tier hero, godawful at farming and not really all that good a hero with gold even if he does get kills.
    The only reason why he got popular is sniper, that's the hero he can pretty much "counter".

The only reason why he got popular is sniper, that's the hero he can pretty much "counter".
    I think he is an incredibly strong hero in pubs; see my last night
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1419745221

Probably top tier in pubs, even. But he won't be nerfed because he is awful against an organized team, and he won't be buffed because he is already great in pubs. Puts him in a bad spot design wise.

Oh, also, simply 5 manning kind of ruins SB.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/339504591
    Here is a fantastic example of good/awful SB is. I started this game like 16-0, killed their Luna 4 or 5 times, and then they started just turtling under towers literally the entire game while Luna slowly farmed. They won a few team fights, Luna got BKB, they won the game. Also, having Bane really helps (nightmare at the right time blocks CoD/nether strike).

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/70781545
    Here is another example against the same stack. I started this game 9-0, SF got fed, we still couldn't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    ur rong lol git gud

am i gud at discusin?

Axe is fine
    Axe def not fine. It's too easy for him to transition into jungle and effortlessly catch up and overtake enemy heroes in XP/farm after aggressively feeding in lane, let alone if he doesn't feed in lane first. Valve needs to decide if he should primarily lane or primarily jungle and go from there, or figure out a way of making him better in jungle that doesn't involve giving him completely insane base health regeneration that makes him impossible to fight effectively in lane.

Strong against invis heroes too. Charge gives true sight of the target during the charge. Kind of like Sniper's ult, except global range.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow