10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Axe def not fine. It's too easy for him to transition into jungle and effortlessly catch up and overtake enemy heroes in XP/farm after aggressively feeding in lane, let alone if he doesn't feed in lane first. Valve needs to decide if he should primarily lane or primarily jungle and go from there, or figure out a way of making him better in jungle that doesn't involve giving him completely insane base health regeneration that makes him impossible to fight effectively in lane.

Strong against invis heroes too. Charge gives true sight of the target during the charge. Kind of like Sniper's ult, except global range.
    He has to have tranquils and do-the-trick to reliably farm woods, and at this point you can (and should) just ward their woods and murder him because he sucks at escaping ganks. His huge base HP regen only helps vs lane minions
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    He has to have tranquils and do-the-trick to reliably farm woods, and at this point you can (and should) just ward their woods and murder him because he sucks at escaping ganks. His huge base HP regen only helps vs lane minions
    Or if you have an invis hero, destroy his boots if he drops them to jungle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or if you have an invis hero, destroy his boots if he drops them to jungle
    yeah, when nix was popular, so many tears of axes and centaurs who got their boots destroyed
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    http://www.dota2.com/majors/

looks cool, im so hyped
    jesus christ it only took them 4 years

Muahahahha team secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    http://www.dota2.com/majors/

looks cool, im so hyped
    Sounds fantastic. Fingers crossed it comes along with 4 patches a year to help shake things up for each tournament, otherwise its going to be a case of same-old with more trophies involved.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Sounds fantastic. Fingers crossed it comes along with 4 patches a year to help shake things up for each tournament, otherwise its going to be a case of same-old with more trophies involved.
    i doubt they're gonna release twice the patches now

probably this will just mean a more stable professional scene where everyone doesn't change rosters before TI invites go out

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    yeah, when nix was popular, so many tears of axes and centaurs who got their boots destroyed
    Still a reason why i don't pick jungle axe if there's an offlane bh.

The only Support im willing to play currently, Abaddon.

With all those freaking storm / Lina /w Euls flying around which just oneshot any support easily, it's good to play a support that has at least the chance to tp out if he's getting ganked.

And you can actually go melee in some teamfights in Late game without being torn to shreds instantly.

Deleted
    Yay more things to help the pro scene while ignoring 99.9% of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Yay more things to help the pro scene while ignoring 99.9% of the playerbase.
    Yep. After months of people being tired of the troll meta Valve does the one thing they do best, promise us more esports. I think at this point they're very fortunate they went with a f2p model.

I'm not sure what the problem is, the patch is coming next week and it was unofficially announced before the esports stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is, the patch is coming next week and it was unofficially announced before the esports stuff.
    And the patch will only contain changes to force the current pro meta to change, not necessarily changes which are best for gameplay balance.

Hell, I'd settle for just more than two damned gameplay modes in ranked. CM is pretty much undoable in a pub because there's no way of controlling who gets captain - maybe you get someone that knows what they're doing, maybe you get an idiot like me, most likely you get some asshole South American that doesn't speak English and wouldn't listen to the team even if he did. And AP is just nonstop instalock Troll/Sniper/Storm Spirit/meta heroes, or occasionally a pair of friends (or just pubs that actually fucking listen to each other) picking completely gamebreaking hero combos, since AP lets them do that with ease.

Even if they refuse to create a new gamemode like All Draft (as All Pick, except each player also gets to ban a hero during their pick phase), I don't see how Random Draft or even Single Draft would be so inherently "broken" as to make ranked meaningless (not that ranked has much meaning as it is...) I mean, I'd prefer straight up All Random, but anything's better than only being able to play All Pick :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Can confirm, went ES/lich offlane last night and absolutely stomped a Sniper picker, he was level 4 when we were level 8. ggnore AP ranked

And the patch will only contain changes to force the current pro meta to change, not necessarily changes which are best for gameplay balance.
    When has that ever happened?

Hell, I'd settle for just more than two damned gameplay modes in ranked.

I don't see how Random Draft or even Single Draft would be so inherently "broken" as to make ranked meaningless
    Personally I think the Draft system LoL has is better than Captains for pub play. One person per team gets to decide who to ban, but at least you get to choose a Hero for yourself and not end up with something you're absolutely terrible at. Its not without its faults, but its a huge improvement over some of the problems with Captains Mode.

Opening up some of the other picking modes isn't really going to improve matters. All they'd do for most players is increase the chance they end up with that one guy who randomed Invoker with no idea what they're doing and goes 0/12/1. You can make an argument that being able to play a wider selection of Heroes means you're a better player, but there are no guarantees you'll randomly get one you're good enough at playing for the level you're at. It wouldn't be broken enough to totally invalidate MMR as a measure of a players skill, but it does prevent you from showing off the areas that you really excel at. It would reward the most versatile players, but not necessarily the most skillful ones at any given role and for a large section of the Dota community that is totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i doubt they're gonna release twice the patches now
    I'm hoping they release a small one at the end of each of the tournaments, to help stop things getting predictable for the following tourney. I am an optimist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    When has that ever happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dota 2 Wiki

Strength growth reduced from 2.2 to 1.9

6.82c

Crypt Swarm icon.png Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
    Exorcism icon.png Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145

Exorcism icon.png Exorcism cooldown increased from 115 to 135

Exorcism icon.png Exorcism cooldown increased from 100 to 115.
    Silence (Death Prophet) icon.png Silence AoE increased from 350 to 425.
    DP was arguably perfectly balanced in 6.82, where Exorcism had gone from an initially 100 sec cd up to 135 sec. And then she keeps getting nerfed, completely pointlessly. She was already balanced! But she was getting nerfed because no one was counterpicking the DP and playing heroes and strategies that are strong against her, and she was still getting picked constantly in pro.

Then she eats two pointless nerfs in a hotfix patch 6.82c, and then gets nerfed again in 6.83 because... they don't want the pros picking her. Lina is also given completely unnecessary buffs during this timeframe (why did they increase Dragon Slave damage!?), and this results in core Lina basically replacing core DP... which could've happened already in 6.82, except the pros just copy each other endlessly.

This is just what Blizzard Valve does. I'm sure we'll see something like that in 6.84. We've seen it in dozens of previous patches (remember Naga Siren losing 12 base damage in 6.75?) It's a complete pattern for them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Remember how I used to say mid Lina was strong and people called me retarded? Man those were funny days. It's funny how every "how to mid" guide emphasizes lane control so much when 90% of the mids out there simply nuke the creep wave down every 30 seconds. It's like people forget that heroes that can kill someone from full health in half a second from a screen away can make strong carrys.

Last edited by Lysah; 2015-04-26 at 02:09 AM.

hows storm awful vs a coordinated team? havent u seen sumail "bad games" ? where he get focused down but still comeback because how good the hero is? pretty much like tinker.

"Saying xx non meta hero is strong and people called me retarded" is getting old, its always been like that.. how many heroes are strong but people just see it because they arent mainstream, like beastmaster mid u'll say hes "okay" but then u see fata play it and u see how stupid the hero is, 4 sec stun if u get a refresher u cant lose any team fight, can solo kill any1 with necro 3.

lina is just imba as storm or sniper in the mid lane atm, get euls sb and she farm heroes as fast she farm creeps.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    DP was arguably perfectly balanced in 6.82, where Exorcism had gone from an initially 100 sec cd up to 135 sec. And then she keeps getting nerfed, completely pointlessly. She was already balanced! But she was getting nerfed because no one was counterpicking the DP and playing heroes and strategies that are strong against her, and she was still getting picked constantly in pro.

Then she eats two pointless nerfs in a hotfix patch 6.82c, and then gets nerfed again in 6.83 because... they don't want the pros picking her. Lina is also given completely unnecessary buffs during this timeframe (why did they increase Dragon Slave damage!?), and this results in core Lina basically replacing core DP... which could've happened already in 6.82, except the pros just copy each other endlessly.

This is just what Blizzard Valve does. I'm sure we'll see something like that in 6.84. We've seen it in dozens of previous patches (remember Naga Siren losing 12 base damage in 6.75?) It's a complete pattern for them.
    No, krob wasn't perfectnly fine, nerfs to Exorcism were justified, because it had basically no downtime for teamfights in lategame and no downside to use it in midgame, with extra 40 seconds on it you actually have to make a decision - push barracks or win a teamfight in midgame, and gives an option for enemy team to strike back while you ult is on (effectively) 100 seconds cooldown, with old one it had (effectively) 70 seconds cooldown, where you could use it without downtime between teamfights if you are winning.
    Exorcism CD was too short and "forced" (in sense of "do this if you want to win games") metas of 5 manning 1 lane every 60 seconds / rat krob whom can't be chased 'cuz 522 MS and travels lol.

Str gain nerf is justified too (tho, effectively it didn't changed much, boohoo 100 less health at max level), because by getting bracer+mek+travels you are fucking immortal and uncatchable pushing machine that can solo towers or single-handed win teamfights, personally i would nerf her base str as well.

Bats nerf was made to tone down her early game pushing power (and to encourage people leveling them past level 3, who the fuck leveled it up to level 4 before everything else?) which was needed if they didn't wanted to burn even more of her health to make her weaker in early game before she becomes unstoppable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    lina is just imba as storm or sniper in the mid lane atm, get euls sb and she farm heroes as fast she farm creeps.
    Lina was imba since sven+lina duo lanes from whoever remembers how long ago, when hammer wasn't dodgable by anything it guaranteed snowball galore without whole team camping lane. Tho, meta won't agree with lina being imba and she is still counterable, and if you delay her items/levels she falls back very quickly. But you have to keep her in check, because as soon as she gets Euls, it's the same as Nix with Dagon, she can snowball from it (unless your team has pipe and everyone has at least one bracer)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-04-26 at 05:16 AM.