10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    lol, shadowblade.

No, Eul's is the best choice for Lina even if you can land your stuns already. Why? Because it makes your stun unavoidable. 700 range cyclone into LSA into facerolling and it's a free kill with zero risk to the Lina. The only way to avoid it is to be magic immune or don't get within 700 range of Lina when her eul's is available.
    Having an Oracle around also helps. There is actually plenty of characters who can deal with Lina "unavoidable" combo. SD, OD, Silencer, Oracle, Pudge, Omni, etc. Also, bunch of items like BKB or glimmers cape or Linkens sphere
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

force staff avoids it most of the time cause most linas suck with the timing, bkb ignores it, glimmer makes it irrelevant, shadowblade if she doesnt have detection, you can also orchid/hex her after it ends, it also takes like 5 seconds for her to do that entire combo which is enough of time for help to blink in and stun her or something. Thats quite a lot of stuff to avoid it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, the only way to see the scepter as unfair item on Lina is when you get caught up alone (read: no allies in 1k radius) in scouted place and killed. There is just no way to get away from her if she has enough mana. Even if there is an ally in 1k radius, when you get popped up Lina is long way gone thanks to MS boost from fiery soul
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Having an Oracle around also helps. There is actually plenty of characters who can deal with Lina "unavoidable" combo. SD, OD, Silencer, Oracle, Pudge, Omni, etc. Also, bunch of items like BKB or glimmers cape or Linkens sphere
    Not really. The stun lands immediately after the cyclone ends, followed by the ult and dragon slave and autoattacks. None of those heroes have a fast enough castpoint to save someone from it after it's already started. That's kind of the point.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The stun lands immediately after the cyclone ends, followed by the ult and dragon slave and autoattacks. None of those heroes have a fast enough castpoint to save someone from it after it's already started. That's kind of the point.
    I definitely remember being able to throw Shallow Grave on target of Linas' burst. It's not impossible or something too hard to do. Lina has worst cast animations in whole game, at worst, your ally will eat a stun and slave but will avoid ult

Well i really "enjoy" seeing enemy Tiny who rushed Aghs TPing to tower via wisp and murdering it to the ground with MoM active. Not a foolproof strategy, but it's very annoying to go "yay, free Roshan, oh wait our rax are gone". Frankly, same can be told about CK+wisp.
    It was also fun to see Tiny one shotting supports with crits, or melting through Naixs' lifesteal and stomping him into the ground. Simple Hypertone gives Tiny a huge powerspike, put a crit item on top of that extra 100 damage he gets from ult - perfect melee carry. The problem is delivering said carry to proper targets.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1589279061

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    That was a quite one-sided game.

Relevant to Lina discussion - tutorial how to deal with Lina+scepter at 22:00
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-06-28 at 05:19 PM.

I don't think so, we were getting dumped on early game. They just fucked up by diving tier 2s and feeding. They predictably lost to a team of carrys late game after they failed to get early rax.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't apply to bad players that fuck up their timing and play like shit. Bad players play bad, more at 11.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Fate's Edict has shorter cast point than Laguna, and Laguna has projectile time on top of the cast time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Fate's Edict has shorter cast point than Laguna, and Laguna has projectile time on top of the cast time.
    Fine, so a single hero exists that can do something about her autowin combo, and he isn't even in CM because everyone knows how broken he still is.

Fate's Edict shouldn't do a damn thing against Aghs Laguna unless I am understanding it incorrectly. In fact, it should BOOST pure damage so Aghs Lina will do a nice 1500 Laguna on someone Oracle tries to "save."

10+ Year Old Account
    Fate's Edict shouldn't do a damn thing against Aghs Laguna unless I am understanding it incorrectly. In fact, it should BOOST pure damage so Aghs Lina will do a nice 1500 Laguna on someone Oracle tries to "save."
    Yeah, I read that as False Promise, not Fate's Edict.

Yeah, I read that as False Promise, not Fate's Edict.
    I don't think Oracle can out heal Lina combo to save someone with his ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    It usually depends on how much resist the target has and how much overkill damage we are talking about. From my experience, urn+mek is often enough for ally to run to safety. Also not sure about purifying flames, they do add damage, but it also heals for a lot AND the damage on ally does't drop an ally below 1 HP. So, if we are talking about someone at 1,5k health getting pooped on with 1,7k damage combo it's perfectly survivable with false promise+mek+purifying flames+urn.

In any case
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1592011931
    Yeah, euls and blink definitely don't need nerfs, totally fair items which is why you only see them situationally and not all the time on every single hero

In any case
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1592011931
    Yeah, euls and blink definitely don't need nerfs, totally fair items which is why you only see them situationally and not all the time on every single hero
    Honestly, that looks like they were reading your posts here and decided to buy your most hated items at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, that looks like they were reading your posts here and decided to buy your most hated items at that point.
    Pretty sure it's everyone's most hated items. I don't know a single person who thinks blink and eul's are remotely balanced. Some people are okay with them being overpowered as fuck, but I don't think I've had a serious discussion with anyone who thinks they're fair items. The fact that they're purchased in massive quantities in every single game is proof that their value is way above any other item. They're almost as guaranteed as boots are at this point.

Fact remains that both of these items remove a huge amount of skill from the game. They let you cover your mistakes in ways no other item does so that having a bad game becomes impossible. There are literally 4 blink daggers minimum in every single game at my MMR. Eul's is slightly less popular, I'd say only 2 per game on average.

At this point, the eul's/blink thing has become a veritable arms race. We just had an argument about Lina and you're trying to say "euls Lina isn't that good, X hero or Y item on an ally can save you when she goes for you." Okay, so now Lina isn't that good because when she uses Euls on your SF then your Oracle can just save him. Except, wait, let's give Lina a blink SK on her team and he ults and stuns oracle and SF both with burrowstrike. But you could get some other hero with some other item, and now I'll just add in a euls Leshrac to the equation, and a blink Magnus, and a Euls Jakiro, and the only way this ends is everyone buying euls and blink to counter everyone else's euls and blink.

I mean, for fucks sake, we all already agreed that the best counter to euls is BUYING YOUR OWN EULS. And what's the best counter to blink dagger? Oh yeah, ALSO BUYING YOUR OWN BLINK DAGGER. These items are literally so valuable that the only way to play around them is to also buy them for yourself.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-06-29 at 04:49 AM.

No blink dagger would wreck some heroes. Are they well designed heroes? Well thats another discussion entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No blink dagger would wreck some heroes. Are they well designed heroes? Well thats another discussion entirely.
    No one's asking to remove the items, people are asking to make them take a bit of forethought and skill to use. Blink's break period needs to be twice as long, and the overall cooldown needs to probably go up by at least 50%. Eul's needs to lose the movespeed completely. Base movespeed is considered such an absurdly powerful stat that the movespeed from boots doesn't stack, period. Yet, Eul's is a second pair of brown boots on top of a great CC and infinite mana. That really defies all logic.