Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    What's the deadline for buying a compendium?
    Should be available at least until TI is over if I remember previous years correctly.

Does anyone know what kind of weather effects come with the compendium? Also, is the desert terrain out now?
    I'm guessing one is going to be a stormy weather, like thunder/lightning, just by the image for that goal having that.

And so far the only two immortals I got that weren't one of the basic ones was the Nightstalker set, and now golden gyro immortals. No Zeus bolt for me (at least until next paycheck)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm guessing one is going to be a stormy weather, like thunder/lightning, just by the image for that goal having that.

And so far the only two immortals I got that weren't one of the basic ones was the Nightstalker set, and now golden gyro immortals. No Zeus bolt for me (at least until next paycheck)
    Damn i didnt expect people to be so unlucky with zeus thunder i got 5 out of 15 chest and i eat them all but the one with godlike spree on it (kappa).

Anyone wants to trade zeus for SF ? priv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Damn i didnt expect people to be so unlucky with zeus thunder i got 5 out of 15 chest and i eat them all but the one with godlike spree on it (kappa).
    I think I had like, 6-7 chests?

Did anyone get the golden pet skin even though? Wasn't that like the rarest chance to get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Nope, and nope.

Round 3 of immortals...kinda disappointing. Zeus should have been a regular item, and they should've done more with the rare drop in its place. Gyro's golden item is probably the worst of 3 IMO, considering the regular version already blends into the yellow. Both of the other heroes get golden ults and Gyro gets golden...QQ. But, I think they screwed themselves into picking Gyro because none of the other heroes make sense and two of them already have yellow items.

At least TA's is sick, and Invoker's isn't bad if you can get past the super saiyan.
    WD's is by far the best. A monkey that tosses actual coconuts.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The Compendium crossed the 15 million mark this morning but still no word on the next stretch goal.

The Compendium crossed the 15 million mark this morning but still no word on the next stretch goal.
    It crossed 15 million a week or two ago I thought? They've been rolling out the rewards, usually one or two comes out each week. I'd expect the Axe immortal probably next week, or maybe the desert.

I wanted to buy a compendium but just didnt seem worth it this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valve will just keep counting their money and laughing at people, most likely

Seriously, whoever is in charge of coming up with these schemes... god, I hope they're getting paid a ton of money, because they're really good at it.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by orangespire View Post
    I wanted to buy a compendium but just didnt seem worth it this year.
    I'm thinking of buying it just for the music alone, despite the fact I will never in all likelihood actually play the game.

Pizzashark the fairy.

Not like clinkz is OP or anything but he predicted Deso/Soulring/Medalion so good. 2:0 EG vs C9.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It crossed 15 million a week or two ago I thought? They've been rolling out the rewards, usually one or two comes out each week. I'd expect the Axe immortal probably next week, or maybe the desert.
    More like the 16 million mark. I'm guessing at least 17 million before TI ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Pizzashark the fairy.

Not like clinkz is OP or anything but he predicted Deso/Soulring/Medalion so good. 2:0 EG vs C9.
    Duh. Add Vlad's in there somewhere, on a pro team you could just have a support get it for you.

Orchid hasn't been ideal for Clinkz ever since Deso started playing nice with Searing Arrows. If you want an item for mana regen, just get a casual voidstone or something and turn it into sheeper later, since sheeper is about 1000% more dangerous than orchid and has a lot more versatility for late game. Orchid gives way too much mana, far more than Clinkz will ever need (same with sheeper though, really), and Soul Burn is hit twice by resists - first physical while they're taking damage, then magic resist when the buff pops. It can also be removed by a ton of items (cheatstick and manta style etc) and Glimmer Cape makes it basically stop existing.

Clinkz is best played safelane or somewhere where he can get a ton of farm. He's super super squishy and piss easy to zone out at lvl 1 offlane with just a sentry or even dust and should only ever be sent to offlane if he'll be able to harass the carry with extremely OP Searing Arrow spam (duo lanes, solo safelaner, etc.) Otherwise send him somewhere where he'll get farm, and have him operate with the team. Searing Arrows work on towers and combined with some IAS it makes t1 towers a cinch. Once you have your Deso you can transition into focusing on picking people off (and then taking rosh/towers/etc after they're dead), because your damage output will be fucking stupid.

I wouldn't get Medallion on Clinkz - better items to spend your gold on, and it's something a support can get for you anyway (and support probably benefits more from Solar Crest upgrade since Clinkz will get Bfly eventually.) I'd most likely get aquila because the stats for the gold is pretty insane. Medallion was core in the old HotD build, but the ridiculous 600 gold buff to Deso makes HotD completely crazy to go for, and Vlad's got buffed to give ranged lifesteal anyway.

Picking Clinkz and then not using his fucking absurd DPS to eat towers, Roshan, etc with your team is just dumb. If you have good disables and control on your team, Clinkz can be a devastating element in teamfights. I'm pretty sure he has the highest raw single-target DPS in the game out of any hero, or is very close to it.

Also, Death Pact is OP as fuck and keeps getting buffed because icefraudbalans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't git gud at dota plz send halp.

Orchid is good item for Bone, it makes her strafe burst even more deadly, and makes sure that assholes like profit or AM or QoP or X Spirit stays put and dies
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-07-13 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

every item is situational (like a guy said on CM game today) he was playing winter wyvern and refused to buy glimmer cape. as glimmer cape is core for wyvern, same is deso + sr + medallion core for clinkz imo, its just too good. orchid will be countered by euls in those heroes.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Can't git gud at dota plz send halp.

Orchid is good item for Bone, it makes her strafe burst even more deadly, and makes sure that assholes like profit or AM or QoP or X Spirit stays put and dies
    Orchid is countered by cheatstick or Manta Style, or BKB.

Just watched Dotapit finals. C9 being C9, doing well and then choking in the grand finals. EE really shouldn't be captain, he tilts too easily and it's costing his team games, he made so many awful pub-tier mistakes in game 2, clearly tilting after the bad loss in game 1.

Also great example of QoP and Tusk being OP as fuck and OD needing buffs. OD got nerfed too hard back when he was popular, and hasn't gotten much of any attention since then. Probably underpowered right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Orchid is countered by cheatstick or Manta Style, or BKB.

Just watched Dotapit finals. C9 being C9, doing well and then choking in the grand finals. EE really shouldn't be captain, he tilts too easily and it's costing his team games, he made so many awful pub-tier mistakes in game 2, clearly tilting after the bad loss in game 1.

Also great example of QoP and Tusk being OP as fuck and OD needing buffs. OD got nerfed too hard back when he was popular, and hasn't gotten much of any attention since then. Probably underpowered right now.
    What cheatstick are you talking about? Shipstick? Manta? BKB? If you force everyone on enemy team to go for these items first - you already won. The point of getting Orchid on Bone is that enemy can't escape your gank (via blinks and shit), not that it helps you to deal tons of damage. If there is no reason to have silence (because there is no one to catch like that) then there is no point in building silence item obviously, because Orchid is not the best damage item in first place
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-07-13 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What cheatstick are you talking about? Shipstick? Manta? BKB? If you force everyone on enemy team to go for these items first - you already won. The point of getting Orchid on Bone is that enemy can't escape your gank (via blinks and shit), not that it helps you to deal tons of damage. If there is no reason to have silence (because there is no one to catch like that) then there is no point in building silence item obviously, because Orchid is not the best damage item in first place
    He means Eul's. PizzaSHARK's kryptonite is Eul's.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't forcing them to go those items. Glimmer Cape works fine for supports and completely nullifies Orchid's damage bonus. Manta Style is a standard, common item on carries you'd be wanting to pick off (antimage etc), cheatstick is a common item on almost everyone because it's overpowered, and BKB is pretty common on any core hero and even some supports at the pro level.

It's why I'm glad to see Fear realized how bad Orchid is and went for real items. Then again, he's one of the few pros who realized how insane Helm of the Dominator was on Clinkz and regularly used it, too. HotD is still very good on him, but Deso's insane over-buff combined with Vlad's now affecting ranged makes it less effective than a Deso build these days.