which "stats" (aka when it mattered) r u looking at?
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    which "stats" (aka when it mattered) r u looking at?
    Main event + group stages, if you include the qualifiers (lmao why would you), Storm is 5th best, behind Gyro/Dazzle/WD/Lesh/BH. His winrate is about equal with Lesh, but his stats are better in every single other category. People consider Lesh overpowered. If you include heroes that didn't get picked enough but still a decent amount, it only adds Undying and SB as "better" heroes.

The issue with Storm is that he does win really easily if there are no counter plays. When I'm not playing with Lysah I'm almost always in a 5-stack with finnish friends and using teamspeak and whatnot yet we constantly lose to Storm pickers. I'm not going to pretend we don't deserve to get oupicked in every single game because usually 3-4 guys either random or pick something their mind was set on before game even started, but almost always the resident Storm picker in enemy team waits until 00 to pick and then you're playing against Storm with 0 reliable disables. What makes it worse is usually these kids have no idea how to mid but they still get there by playing passive for 10 minutes after they spent 10 minutes losing mid and finishing their first item and then they magically grab a triple kill from a bad push attempt or something and win the game alone.

I don't really have issues with Storm, although I'm pretty sure he wouldn't see Captain's Mode until after Earth Spirit if he was added to the game today, but it's pretty boring to lose to terrible people who really seem to be impressed by their own ability to spam R and right click. It really is the kind of hero that makes you feel like you're really good at the game when you're winning despite not being remotely demanding, especially if you reach the point where enemy team simply can't do anything about you.

I do think some balance adjustments to his ulti damage would be in order though. With 1500 mana, which isn't particularly much, you can zip 7000 units (2,33 potm arrows) and still have leftover mana. For a hero based entirely around mobility, I think that's fine for using up most of your mid-game mana pool. What I think isn't fine is that you just did 1120 magic damage if you managed to hit a hero at the end of the zip while being able to orchid him before the damage landed and toss an Overloaded attack too. The fact that you can TP to your offlane t1 tower and instantly murder a 1600 hp hero farming his safe lane between t2 and where his t1 was who did the mistake of being seen and standing still for a few seconds or moving in a predictable way is what makes Storm almost as boring to play against as Techies. Sure you might die for it until you've enough items to have mana to zip away too or if you were getting baited, but if you have your Bloodstone you also get to fuck up once every 5 minutes with no real penalty.

Drop his ult damage from 8/12/16 per 100 units to 8/10/12 or something and I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2015-08-14 at 02:58 AM.

Aside from pro game, where storm is strong but comparable to current stuff like leshrac, gyro and pl. Personally i spam gyro and pl alot since i always play #1 in stacks and even solo most of the time. The real reason everyone keeps getting raped by storm is that they itemize like goons. Even at fucking 5k i still see a bunch of midas rush, mask of madness rush, helm of dominator rush. Stop it fucking clowns. The current meta is about MAGIC DAMAGE. Why do you think the 2 best 1# are gyro and pl, because they are pure nuking even mid game. How do you itemize when the meta is about magic damage? FUCKING STATS. Stop rushing those shit +damage items on all heroes. Get your drums, get your wands, stack your gg branches, your bracers, your point boosters.

Beating storm and staying ahead is about limiting his options If you all keep running around with your + damage, armor and life steal rush in this meta storm will look like an unstoppable force, because you cant hit him. If you have stat items and run around with 1400 hp as gyro early in the game, he will never kill you. You are safe to farm to your heart content. Every points of stats is that much more mana storm will need to spend to damage you, mana he ultimately also needs to survive. Everyone tank the fuck up. Forget attack speed, forget + damage. In the trash butterfly and get that skadi instead. Hand of midas is a support item now, deal with it.

You seem to miss the part where Storm can easily do 1400 damage to somebody.

Deleted
    Someone link me a pub game where a Storm does all these things you guys say a Storm will do and then wins the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Someone link me a pub game where a Storm does all these things you guys say a Storm will do and then wins the game.
    One of my 10v10 games. He won by picking storm spirit. Huehuehue (Yes I am well aware this doesn't count)

i hope my waifu juice can make it into qualifiers next year. instead of losing like garbage tier jeyo rave trash.

- - - Updated - - -

oh wait lol
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    icex3 (offlane)
    Arteezy (mid)
    EE (support),
    n0tail (support)
    Beesa (carry).

That would be quite a team.

I don't think they'd kick bone7 sadly

Also Mason said that he'd be playing with Beesa after ti.
    EE+rtz+n0tail+Mason+Beesa would be a sick team I bet.

Dunno who else they'd play with. Murs? Ritsu? Yawar? Tralf? KZZ? Broodstar? Yugi? I'd love to see some NEL in competitive.

Deleted
    They need a good offlaner though. Don't think mason is an offlane player. EE needs to leave Bone7. It's time he realizes that.

I am on phone but a quick summary:
    Beesa (playing the carry) is a pubstar from the UK. He's really good (top 5 eu leaderboards good).
    http://www.dotabuff.com/players/43908335
    http://www.dotabuff.com/players/170532209

Back before mmr was added he was easily one of the highest ( internally) rated players.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Who is Beesa?
    Same q.

I would say FATA and misery played really mediocre this TI, dont ask me why becoue I cant answer this, online play pre TI I was under huge fata impression for a while now... Misery maybe doesnt fit current meta... and bone screwed his team so bad. Time to go.

Deleted
    Beesa has been a top MMR player for ages now and no one has picked him up.

Probably because he is from the UK and we're all a bunch of fuckers to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Probably because he is from the UK and we're all a bunch of fuckers to everyone.
    Recently I heard a real story of UK hotel animation team doing an ISIS mascarade & guns around the hotel pools. English humour... I can only bet tourists reactions ')

Deleted
    Beesa has been a top MMR player for ages now and no one has picked him up.

He was busy with school I think.

Deleted
    He was busy with school I think.
    I stand by my statement that everyone in the UK is a bit of a twat.

Deleted
    I stand by my statement that everyone in the UK is a bit of a twat.
    My past experiences agree with you. Beesa seems like an elitist jerk with a huge ego but I don't think those are necessarily bad things for a competitive player.

Beesa seems like an elitist jerk with a huge ego
    So does RTZ and you loved that guy