Deleted
    Anyway, back to Dota 2. I really think TA is underrated. When they changed so she could farm ancients, buffed Blink with Refraction and Desolator cost I think she is just a super solid pick. She can be countered though but as a third or forth pick I think she is extremely strong. Her winrate in TI5 shows this too. 68% win rate with 78% win rate during Main Event. She also counters Storm in my opinion. She also thrives on the 5v5 skirmishes teams are doing in this meta. She doesn't rely on long cooldowns to fight.

I didn't think TA being really strong was an unpopular opinion.

But then again, I also didn't think this thread would make it to 1000 pages.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I highly doubt EG picked up RTZ to "Strengthen the roster." It's more likely a safety measure against Fear needing to take time off and them losing their hard carry, something that would kill the team overnight. Now, if Fear goes in for surgery or otherwise needs time off, they only have to replace a support, not a pivotal role on their team. I'm sure they know they let go one of the best players in the world, but they want the insurance more.
    You are really grasping at straws here. There is no indication that Fear is at any risks of being injured again and I have never even heard it brought up since he returned to competitive play.

You have to face the reality that Arteezy is a more desirable player than Aui.

Aui is a good support but there is nothing he could do as a support that Fear couldn't also do, as opposed to there being many things that Arteezy can do as a carry that Fear can't do as a carry.

Even when you examine the entire roster it is obvious why Aui was chosen to boot.

Fear - Been on the team the longest.
    Sumail - A rising star and the best mid in the world
    Universe - Without question one of the top 3 offlaners in the world
    PPD - Captain of the team and one of the best drafters in the world

Aui - Hasn't been on the team for very long, a good support player but not irreplaceable, Has been inconsistent depending on the meta

That is really all it comes down to. I don't really care tbh even though Aui is nice.

Arteezy is just a more entertaining player and Aui will still end up on some T1 team for the majors and I'm sure he will place just fine. He also just won $1.2 million so I find it hard to shed any tears for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Anyway, back to Dota 2. I really think TA is underrated. When they changed so she could farm ancients, buffed Blink with Refraction and Desolator cost I think she is just a super solid pick. She can be countered though but as a third or forth pick I think she is extremely strong. Her winrate in TI5 shows this too. 68% win rate with 78% win rate during Main Event. She also counters Storm in my opinion. She also thrives on the 5v5 skirmishes teams are doing in this meta. She doesn't rely on long cooldowns to fight.
    The problem with TA is that her meta viability is entirely dependent on how many meta heroes have abilities that go through refraction or can easily take down refraction and right now there are quite a few.

PL/GYRO/Lesh meta kinda makes TA a very situational pick. I dont think shes in need of anything, just the favorites right now are straight unbeatable for her. Otherwise shes a solid right click mid like SF, which has a simular problem he falls off flat when the meta is gone in another direction then what he can thrive in.

Til post TI patch, she will remain fringe.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-08-16 at 02:31 AM.

I wouldn't say quite a few. Or that refraction charges is even her biggest problem.

Her high phys burst damage actually made her great this meta which is why she did so good in ti5.

She'll get nerfed before she gets buffed if anything.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    PL/GYRO/Lesh meta kinda makes TA a very situational pick. I dont think shes in need of anything, just the favorites right now are straight unbeatable for her. Otherwise shes a solid right click mid like SF, which has a simular problem he falls off flat when the meta is gone in another direction then what he can thrive in.

Til post TI patch, she will remain fringe.
    TA is a counter to Gyro, in my humble opinion. Lesh is always banned. Lina doesn't do well against TA. QoP gets countered by TA later in the game. SF and TA aren't similar at all. SF doesn't burst like TA do and lacks the mobility of a Blink TA. A SF can't just blink on a Gyro and go ham or blink on a Storm and remove 80% of his HP with one attack.

TA is a counter to Gyro, in my humble opinion. Lesh is always banned. Lina doesn't do well against TA. QoP gets countered by TA later in the game. SF and TA aren't similar at all. SF doesn't burst like TA do and lacks the mobility of a Blink TA. A SF can't just blink on a Gyro and go ham or blink on a Storm and remove 80% of his HP with one attack.
    PL, Dark Seer and Naga still wreck TA though and those 3 are very common picks so TA falls into this weird situational category as a mid and it is easy for captains to tell when she counters their team so they will just ban her before they let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You are really grasping at straws here. There is no indication that Fear is at any risks of being injured again and I have never even heard it brought up since he returned to competitive play.
    https://twitter.com/FearDotA/status/632086257095438336 posted right before the drama started.

I don't know about kuroky, people in reddit seem to love him a lot "cuz he's such a chill dude" but it takes two for tango. I don't really approve much of the kitchen psychology of reddit either, I've just always had the impression that outside of skill factors Arteezy is pretty far from a desirable teammate. I've followed HoN/dota2 for a while and it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that leadership and team synergy matter a lot, maybe even more than the sum of individual skill of the players in the team.

I've been spamming TA lately because it's the hero I kinda always wanted to be good at but didn't play at all in dota 1 and not too much in 2... can't say I'm very good at it yet, but holy crap people just love counter picking that hero if you make the mistake of picking too early.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2015-08-16 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    PL, Dark Seer and Naga still wreck TA though and those 3 are very common picks so TA falls into this weird situational category as a mid and it is easy for captains to tell when she counters their team so they will just ban her before they let that happen.
    TA didn't have a high ban rate. Gyro gets picked up early which will eliminate the possibility of a PL. Dark Seer gets picked up early too. That's why I said she's a good 3rd-4th pick. Not a first pick material.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    [url]I've been spamming TA lately because it's the hero I kinda always wanted to be good at but didn't play at all in dota 1 and not too much in 2... can't say I'm very good at it yet, but holy crap people just love counter picking that hero if you make the mistake of picking too early.
    Slark is really the only counter I find annoying to deal with. Most of the others are fine. My tip for learning TA: Don't buy Phase Boots like Wagamama does. I hate that build. Actually, I hate Phase Boots.

Phase boots biggest waste of gold even more now that its nuking meta. Either get threads or just stick to brown boots and finish your drums/yasha or something.

Deleted
    Phase boots biggest waste of gold even more now that its nuking meta. Either get threads or just stick to brown boots and finish your drums/yasha or something.
    Drums and Yasha are such a waste in this meta too. Desolator is just too good to pass up now. In my opinion, TA should be played as a high burst hero now with Blink Dagger while still having excellent sustain damage with treads. Treads also allows her to be a farming monster.

anyone else struggling to play dota 2 after TI? I have no motivation to play at all. Can already tell what heroes/what people will say before I even log in

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I didn't think TA being really strong was an unpopular opinion.

But then again, I also didn't think this thread would make it to 1000 pages.
    That moment you realize this thread is actually really small still.

Also I love TA, I just suck horribly at her.

Problem Kuroky didn't listen and didn't want to work as a team. Arteezy also said on stream that even Puppey realized the problems with Kuroky now and those guys have been friends forever.
    Then is it not the opposite of an ego driven asshole? He admit his own flaws that are reactionary to an actual asshole? Thats the second time KKY leads to drama with a #1 position, is XBOCT an asshole too? That would be exactly the opposite of what literally everyone knowing or meeting the guy would say.
    Except Kuroky has said the exact same stuff about RTZ that RTZ has said about him. With nothing better to go on, we can probably assume they're both being at least a little bit honest. tl;dr they're both assholes. It's not surprising, usually one asshole isn't enough to drag everyone down, it's when two of them meet that problems arise. Sorry to paint your hero in a bad light, but RTZ's behavior literally everywhere indicates that he is not a very level headed person and is quick to yell at people. He's already failed two teams, I really don't see this kid ever winning TI, like many others have said, unless he changes his attitude. Even with Evil Geniuses dream team to support him.
    You are really grasping at straws here.
    lmao

As for the topic at hand, TA is great, but she's not Storm Spirit great. Until he and Lesh get nerfed she won't see mainstream use, despite being probably the best agility mid.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-08-16 at 04:22 AM.

Drums and Yasha are such a waste in this meta too. Desolator is just too good to pass up now. In my opinion, TA should be played as a high burst hero now with Blink Dagger while still having excellent sustain damage with treads. Treads also allows her to be a farming monster.
    I've been going on a game-by-game basis but I too have slowly come to the conclusion that Deso is too good to not get now... and with Phase Boots her attack speed seems to be way too bad if you don't also go for Yasha or Drums or whatever.

Was talking in general, not just TA. TA is one of the exception that when her reflection is not countered she will be pretty tanky and can rush a deso after blink. If you are phantom lancer, luna, etc stats all the way. Personally i even stopped going phase boots on gyro, he was one of the only core left i was still picking them on to get early damage. But with all his nukes buffs, stats are just better.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-08-16 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    One of the best supports in the world for a guy that played support 2 - 3 years ago and never did anything relevant.

Aui pretty much won EG TI because every team they went up against had to ban naga / techies - both played by him.
    CDEC bans naga because it goes against their playstyle. IF CDEC was an experienced team I would say they probably would have won the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    lmao
    dont laugh at me pls I didnt know about that tweet

- - - Updated - - -

god forgive me

dont laugh at me pls I didnt know about that tweet

- - - Updated - - -

god forgive me
    no forgiveness, only tears

No but really the real question is why didn't they just bring in RTZ and not ditch Aui and have RTZ replace Fear. Only thing that makes sense is that maybe Fear gets denied and wants to keep playing and they don't want to have to kick Aui later when it's too late for him to find a new team. I still think it's silly they believe the roster will be stronger this way. Replacing Fear with Arteezy is already a downgrade, imo.
    Flame on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    CDEC bans naga because it goes against their playstyle. IF CDEC was an experienced team I would say they probably would have won the tournament.
    They got to the finals of TI5 and are being called an inexperienced team on the mmo-champion forums. Burning said on his stream that EG won TI because the teams from China were more afraid of Aui's Techies and Naga than Sumail's Stormspirit/Ember etc. I think EG should of replaced Fear with RTZ tbh. This role swap might backfire.