7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Glimmer cape is a mandatory support item.

Solar crest is a mandatory item for a team in most games.

Octarine is a core late game item for a couple heroes.

Silver edge is a slark item.

Lotus Orb is meh.
    Lotus Orb can lead to some hilarious effects though. Watched a game where a gryo with lotus was able to reflect a jugg ult. So I think its a very situational item, really depends on what the other team has that can be reflected

Lotus perfect item vs overpowered Linas

7+ Year Old Account

Not always practical in a game, but still the level of sheer fun that can be had with lotus orb

its still weak compared to other new items, and expensive. but its still really useful mostly the dispel part
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Gief rat meta please, its so hard to rat these days.

Deleted
    Why TA is a counter to Storm in pubs: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1771563550

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Why TA is a counter to Storm in pubs: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1771563550
    I'm going to go ahead and trash your accomplishment for you:

Leoric picked, went midas radiance, lmao
    Weaver midas, lmao
    Silencer midas, lmfao
    Storm bloodstone before orchid against WW, LOL
    Techies picker on your team

Nothing storm could have done, some teams simply cannot be carried, even RTZ-god doesn't have 100% winrate.

Deleted
    Winning a game against a team with Midas Linken's Weaver and Midas Radiance Silver Edge WK is like bragging about winning a 100-meter sprint against a bunch of kids in wheelchairs.

Sure, buddy, you won the game. Ain't particularly impressive, though.

Yeah, doesn't feel good when people dismantle your arguments by saying it only worked because you play against brain dead idiots, does it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Winning a game against a team with Midas Linken's Weaver and Midas Radiance Silver Edge WK is like bragging about winning a 100-meter sprint against a bunch of kids in wheelchairs.

Sure, buddy, you won the game. Ain't particularly impressive, though.
    Feel free to look at the last 5 games or so on the TA.

Also forget the fact that TA had a Vlads first PA into Basher I think and a Wyvern who doesn't use spells or moves.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-05 at 08:46 PM.

How can you even compare a vlads PA to a radiance WK >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    How can you even compare a vlads PA to a radiance WK >_>
    Because the Radiance that game was a good pickup. How is Radiance WK bad? That guy who spammed WK used that build and that was before the Evasion buff and he had a 70-80% win rate I think. Both the TA and PA didn't have MKB to deal with the Radiance. Radiance also removes Refractions. Actually yeah, it can't be compared. WK Radiance was good. Vlads PA was bad.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-05 at 09:56 PM.

I have a 100% winrate with vlads PA so your point is invalid, right?
    Like a halberd is 1400g cheaper,gives more survivability and has a great active against both PA and TA, as soon as you activate bkb on TA radiance loses both the evasion and the dps,

Deleted
    I have a 100% winrate with vlads PA so your point is invalid, right?
    Like a halberd is 1400g cheaper,gives more survivability and has a great active against both PA and TA, as soon as you activate bkb on TA radiance loses both the evasion and the dps,
    You do? At top 200 leaderboards MMR level? That's what Hailrake had. If you have that win rate with PA I'm more than happy to admit that I was wrong. Obviously if you're winning with Vlads first PA over a statistically significant amount of games then of course the build works for that level of play.

Halberd doesn't do shit to BKB either and is much less DPS. Problem with WK is that you get kited. I believe Mjollnir/Radiance/Blade Mail WK style is the most effective. I also think the WK had like a 17 min Radiance. That is way before any normal BKB timing on a Blink and Desolator TA.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-05 at 11:30 PM.

Whats next, radiance ls? radiance sven?
    Why would you ever get radiance over mjolnir/blade mail? cause some random pubstar has a high winrate with radiance?

Deleted
    Whats next, radiance ls? radiance sven?
    Why would you ever get radiance over mjolnir/blade mail? cause some random pubstar has a high winrate with radiance?
    Because it makes you farm faster, makes you more tanky and does more damage even if they don't hit you? Both Sven and LS have spells that increase their strength for a limited period of time (Rage/God's Strength). Radiance doesn't work that well with that. The only problem with WK Radiance is that you don't get it early enough, which the WK in the game I linked had no problem doing.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-06 at 12:55 AM.

Radiance WK is terrible because WK is terrible. He's okay on the right lineup as a tank, but he needs actual tank items to do that. 1400 health and radiance at 35 minutes isn't going to be very effective. Radiance WK is fantastic, as like, a 3rd or 4th or 6th item. Not first. Hero sucks at farming.

Without watching the replay I'm guessing you killed WK in...2 auto attacks late game? Holy shit I almost forgot about the free aegis, 4 auto attacks my bad.

Anyway I'm not really going to continue this argument much, I was just giving you shit for trying to use a game where you stomped bads as evidence for your argument when you give me shit for doing the exact same thing all the time. Sad truth is both of us play against awfuls 99% of the time which means pretty much all of our games are terrible evidence, which means all of our arguments are terrible because we aren't super elite streamer pro player gods.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-06 at 08:03 AM.

Not sure what's even the point talking about Storm vs. TA. Both are Decent mids, TA might have an edge on the lane but Storm can probably catch up easily in terms of pubs where everyone tries to be sumail now and goes max overload remnant. In team fights Storm doesn't normally go for TA first and TA doesn't normall go for Storm first. In terms of pub play these two heroes have pretty small impact on each other, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Radiance WK is terrible because WK is terrible. He's okay on the right lineup as a tank, but he needs actual tank items to do that. 1400 health and radiance at 35 minutes isn't going to be very effective. Radiance WK is fantastic, as like, a 3rd or 4th or 6th item. Not first. Hero sucks at farming.

Without watching the replay I'm guessing you killed WK in...2 auto attacks late game? Holy shit I almost forgot about the free aegis, 4 auto attacks my bad.

Anyway I'm not really going to continue this argument much, I was just giving you shit for trying to use a game where you stomped bads as evidence for your argument when you give me shit for doing the exact same thing all the time. Sad truth is both of us play against awfuls 99% of the time which means pretty much all of our games are terrible evidence, which means all of our arguments are terrible because we aren't super elite streamer pro player gods.
    No, I gave you shit for extrapolating your games to pro games. I explicitly stated that TA is a counter to Storm in pubs.

WK was the guy who gave the TA the most problems. He was the only reason TA died because he just kept running at TA, removing her Refractions and protecting his team from getting 2 shot and forced the TA to go BKB. Had the WK gone anything else TA could have just run circles around that team. The WK also had like 17 min Midas Radiance. So the timing is way earlier than most WK gets it at .

@Hermanni

If you watch the games maybe you understand why. In the laning TA keeps Storm low with Psi Blades and stop him from effectively farming. This happens in all games. But the most game winnning thing with this is what Storm can't farm jungle because he is too low from Psi Blades (again watch the replays if you don't believe me). He can't make a comeback by killing TA at level 6. He can't get runes because lane is shoved all game.

Storm doesn't go for TA later in the game because he can't go for TA. That is a natural counter. Consider Leshrac and Lina. Storm can go for both of them and that's the difference. People pick Lina or Lesh but don't realize that a Storm can easily snowball off of them because they can die easily. Furthermore, TA does go on Storm in fights. The moment Storm jumps in, TA will just blink on Storm and Meld attack forcing Storm to zip away and have literally no impact in fights. It's the presence of the TA that makes the game extremely difficult for a pub Storm.