confirmed solo techies staying in lane against long range heroes with 100% lane pull uptime won't do well.

win streak now up to 14.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-03-09 at 11:46 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    confirmed solo techies staying in lane against long range heroes with 100% lane pull uptime won't do well.

win streak now up to 14.
    I mean in that case you fuck off and do something else after soaking some XP. If nothing else the hero is really helped by being able to get a basically instant lvl 2 from the hard camp by the offlane.

oh absolutely. I was just confirming the hypothetical which could be said for almost every hero in the game. if you choose to solo offlane a non solo offlane hero, and stay in lane, and in general just play the hero like shit get forced into that situation by your teams pick's, he's gonna be useless. i don't really see a point in pointing out the extremely obvious, "oh the hero doesn't work if the other team is extremely competent and your team is pure shit" thing, but hey, it is true.

on a good day, smoke suicide is a guaranteed kill in any other pushed lane as long as you have like 1 non asleep person on your team with a slow/stun. in between cooldowns there's tons of places to abuse fog and hide on a stack of mines to soak xp, or stack camps, or control runes.

in an actual realistic scenario, you have maybe 1 other competent person on your team to coordinate some kills with or at least help you get to level 6 at a reasonable time. Then you're set.

disclaimer: i doubt i'd ever try to play the hero in ranked.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-03-10 at 03:41 PM.

Void: very high base damage making it easy to last hit and harass, decent armor and health making him hard to burst down combined with an ability that resets all the damage you deal to him making it extremely difficult to push him out of lane, naturally synergizes with iron talon as a melee hero with good damage meaning he can combine offlaning with jungling and get farmed even in 1v3 situations, brings the absolute best ultimate in the game to his team and transitions into a carry late game

Enchantress: impossible to hit with auto attacks, has a heal that can help her tank through nukes, has great base movespeed, has decent right click damage that can easily help her out harass enemy supports and pressure enemy carries, can enchant creeps from side camps to really fuck with the lane, absolutely takes over a game and starts two shotting people the moment she hits 6

Techies: the absolute slowest hero in the game, zero base damage so impossible to last hit or deny, one extremely weak melee range nuke that is easy to avoid, can deny himself once every 5 minutes, decent armor but tiny health means he dies two a couple of nukes and right clicks from a support

Confirmed techies is not the strongest hero in the meta enchantress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bambi ain't that strong. She's easy to counterplay. It's more of "offlane heroes that can farm hard camp" are way too strong.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Techies just dog shit right now and im ok with it, if a hero should be dogshit, it should always be techies. I rather face 5 OD every game then play techies matches.

My main point is that techies falling out of meta has left people not prepared to see him in the highest possible skill bracket of pubs as often as he used to be. Are void and enchantress better heroes? By far. Are you gonna win 10 games in a row with either of them in solo queue pubs? No. None of you are. Not because you aren't as good as me, but because current meta has people prepared to counter those heroes. I wouldn't be 17-1 techies in the last 3 days if techies was still meta.

I don't want the hero buffed and I'm not saying he's the strongest. If anything, arguing how shitty he is just enforces how godlike I must be at this game.

Because it takes a real genius to stumble around dropping mines and killing himself.

This Meta made me play SD, simply because every team picks Omni instantly after they picked OD.

Feels good to purge those OD's who feel save with Repel+Omni Ult.

Ench can also fuck off, i don't need rightklicks to harass her, once i have scepter she just rolls over and dies.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-03-15 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit in the last week i dropped from 4400 down to 3700. Im honestly thinking of quitting, im so over it and really dont want to grind back up again. As a support player its utterly hopeless when you see your team mates are mouth breathers mid game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just returned to dota can't pull shit as a support plz halp they broke jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    My main point is that techies falling out of meta has left people not prepared to see him in the highest possible skill bracket of pubs as often as he used to be. Are void and enchantress better heroes? By far. Are you gonna win 10 games in a row with either of them in solo queue pubs? No. None of you are. Not because you aren't as good as me, but because current meta has people prepared to counter those heroes. I wouldn't be 17-1 techies in the last 3 days if techies was still meta.

I don't want the hero buffed and I'm not saying he's the strongest. If anything, arguing how shitty he is just enforces how godlike I must be at this game.

Because it takes a real genius to stumble around dropping mines and killing himself.
    My winrate with Techies has only dropped by a few % since the nerfs; I'm on another 8 or 9 winstreak at the moment.

I will say that the current meta has more natural counters than before; every fucking game it's nothing but Nature's Prophet, Invoker and Zeus. So the games are quite a bit more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Holy shit in the last week i dropped from 4400 down to 3700. Im honestly thinking of quitting, im so over it and really dont want to grind back up again. As a support player its utterly hopeless when you see your team mates are mouth breathers mid game.
    A big problem is currently the popularity of Spectre for most Support heroes.

Once Spectre has enough farm, she just has to press Ult and most Supports nearly die to that, Spectre doesn't even have to jump into the illusion to kill a solo support.

If you throw in Heroes like NP and Zeus, you're in a world of hurt because you die to completely unavoidable stuff.

Personally, when im running around alone as solo sup and Spectre uses ult, i just instantly TP, no point in waiting until Spectre jumps into the Illusion next to you.

I was sick of dying to Storm Spirit when he was super popular because you couldn't do anything about it, but this Spectre crap is about the same level of shit.

Suggestion: Play shadow-shaman or Lion. Both of them have abilities to instantly destroy Spectre illusion. Admittedly, both are rather fragile, so you're gonna want to buff up with a casual cloak and some hp probably.

They need to change Spectre back to only being able to use reality once, the thing that really makes her broken is that she can teleport around the goddamn map multiple times, and even teleport to kill you and then teleport back to her lane to keep farming if she's fast enough. At the very least she needs to stop leaving illusions behind when she teleports, it should cost her something to jump you with haunt and involve some form of risk, not fountain dive you hit you three times and teleport back across the map to her base. There is nothing I hate more than zero risk heroes (le old balanced Spirit). If you take the risk out of decision making, it isn't decision making it anymore, it is always a good decision to try to kill people because if you fail nothing is lost, and you will succeed sometimes. This makes these heroes able to just spam their abilities on cooldown with no consequences and inevitably get a kill here and there, allowing them to snowball out of control regardless of how good the player actually is at the game. Risk vs. reward is what balances heroes and separates good from bad players. Take out the risk and there is just reward reward, and the only difference between good and bad players is that good players know how to slam haunt the second it's up while bad players hold on it to it for the one shining moment they might get to killsteal someone else.

that's why spec is op. fountain diving and finishing off people who'd have been dead by a zeus ult/ invoker sunstrike from pro genius players who weren't paying attention. and then going back to his original avatar to farm. holy shit that's insane OP. exactly why spectre is a strong hero.

I can't help but feel slightly suspicious towards LiiLoSNK's sincerity in his statement. It feels like it's almost sarcastic.

Maybe I should finish up the C++ project so I can back to Dotka Zweiss.

it'd make so much more sense to nerf something like desolate, increase illusion dmg taken, lengthen ult cd even longer, or at least something essential to her, rather than nerfing the most gimmicky aspect of the hero.

personally i think the heroes fine. any nerf she will inevitably get in the very near future should be a small one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to nerf the map/mechanics, not heroes. Spec is OP because you can send someone like Sylla or Bambi offlane and they get almost as much farm and XP as a pos 1 because how OP that hard camp is.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow