TI7 compendium is out boys

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    TI7 compendium is out boys
    Purchased sir! And new immortals are classical, especially LS and slark
    - says Ralph

Havent touched Dota 2 close to a year, maybe a custom game 9 months back but not a proper game in a good 10 months.

I seem to passively give up the first 5 minutes since people are doing so many wrong things and i cant seem to stop myself from giving up.

Wanted to get the compendium too but how am i gonna do the quests if i cant be bothered playing?

Been playing since 2003, testing beta version with Eul in TDA channels before it was even Dota, obviously its a completely different beast now but the moment i detect lack of knowledge or skill i give up instantly and my playing deteriorates immensely.

By that i mean losing to Shadow Blade literally because supports dont have the brain to set a sentry ward (While we are pushing mid) and standing a screen away from the rest, tower divers to get the support...ZzzZzz

Cant be bothered with "Ranked" since i cant be bothered to play 1k games to push my 4K to 6K and its been stuck at 4k since it was implemented cause i cant be bothered with ranked o.O

I cant control myself but i want them skins </3.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-12 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Havent touched Dota 2 close to a year, maybe a custom game 9 months back but not a proper game in a good 10 months.

I seem to passively give up the first 5 minutes since people are doing so many wrong things and i cant seem to stop myself from giving up.

Wanted to get the compendium too but how am i gonna do the quests if i cant be bothered playing?

Been playing since 2003, testing beta version with Eul in TDA channels before it was even Dota, obviously its a completely different beast now but the moment i detect lack of knowledge or skill i give up instantly and my playing deteriorates immensely.

By that i mean losing to Shadow Blade literally because supports dont have the brain to set a sentry ward (While we are pushing mid) and standing a screen away from the rest, tower divers to get the support...ZzzZzz

Cant be bothered with "Ranked" since i cant be bothered to play 1k games to push my 4K to 6K and its been stuck at 4k since it was implemented cause i cant be bothered with ranked o.O

I cant control myself but i want them skins </3.
    Buy dust yourself then.

Yeah, it sucks to not be able to save up the gold as a carry, but if the dust is getting you kills because they're out of position thinking they're safe invis, it makes up for it. Or if it saves you the gold from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Buy dust yourself then.

Yeah, it sucks to not be able to save up the gold as a carry, but if the dust is getting you kills because they're out of position thinking they're safe invis, it makes up for it. Or if it saves you the gold from dying.
    I think you misunderstood me.

"Yo, Buy sentries for the shadow blade, its a troll it will be dead before it reaches you"

Pushing mid lane, tower 1, tower 2, going for barracks.

"yo wait and bring sentry, and dont go too far"

Proceeds to do everything the opposite, dies etc etc.

I know what to do or what was supposed to happen in every situation but people do not listen and i do not care to play 5man premades 24/7.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I think you misunderstood me.

"Yo, Buy sentries for the shadow blade, its a troll it will be dead before it reaches you"

Pushing mid lane, tower 1, tower 2, going for barracks.

"yo wait and bring sentry, and dont go too far"

Proceeds to do everything the opposite, dies etc etc.

I know what to do or what was supposed to happen in every situation but people do not listen and i do not care to play 5man premades 24/7.
    Playing in pub is like so, but trust me there are good people out there, who play sensibly, who listen to your words, who want the team to win rather than selfish gaming.
    - says Ralph

Did anyone watch the Epicenter Moscow finals? fucking nerf bb pls

He got nerfed today. I gave him a whirl in safelane though, Jesus Christ he's really strong.

Admittedly, I'm sub-3k now so I'm just a shitposter, but jeez, I had so many heroes wail on me and then they just died once the stacks got high.

Is there ever going to be a new patch?

PGL Open Bucharest Oct 19 – 22
    ESL One Hamburg 2017 Oct 26 – 29
    Dota PIT League S6 Nov 02 – 05
    Perfect World Masters Nov 19 – 26

My bet is after DotaPit

I doubt it. This waiting has been terrible.

Looks like nov 1st after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, 7.07 is nuts.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

After a quick scan read through, I can't help but feel a lot of 7.07 is just reverting some of the previous changes they've made. Like Beastmaster getting his Boar and Hawk in a single button, Iron Talon being removed and adding back in the option to cliff people.

That being said, it is nice that we're finally getting a ping wheel for dota. It's a fantastic help in other MOBA's and Dota has been feeling very left behind without one. Ranked Seasons too are a welcome addition, they give you a reason to keep playing so you can stay at your MMR rather than just sitting on it for bragging rights.

Overall, it seems like a very conflicted patch. Dota seems to be moving forwards and backwards in equal amounts. Though I admit that's only the impression I get from a quick scan read, I may well change it after I have the time to disect them properly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played about 5 games after the patch hit, the fairy girl is freaking annoying that shadow walk skill of hers, combine that with a blink dagger >_<.
    Only played one game with pangolin but other his ultimate he didn’t seem so bad

I like this patch generally but Pangolier is fucking awful and Dark Willow has way too much damage and utility. They spent months developing this but these heroes feel so out of place like the Ember/Earth Spirit patch times 10.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Enemy picks Techies, Bounty and Legion, and I'm solo supporting 4 melee heroes. I got flamed and apparently reported by a 3 stack for not buying a gem (though I bought 21 sentry wards) and the other member of our team asked why they picked 3 melee heroes after the enemy first picked techies and why none of them bought the gem since I would be ganked and we would lose it also suffered an endless flaming.

Most my games are fun, then you run into situations like this and it makes me think that maybe it just isn't worth playing support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this patch generally but Pangolier is fucking awful and Dark Willow has way too much damage and utility. They spent months developing this but these heroes feel so out of place like the Ember/Earth Spirit patch times 10.
    Pangolier seems to be ridiculously good from the matches I've been watching. 2 sec shield bounce during Sanic mode that gives you magic immunity and stuns anyone you touch is... pretty decent. Very mobile hero that has some decent damage potential.

Only thing I've seen is that his passive kinda sucks. The activation time is maybe too high.

Dark Willow is almost certainly OP, probably needs longer cooldown on ult or maybe a small shared cooldown so you can't chain the ults back to back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Enemy picks Techies, Bounty and Legion, and I'm solo supporting 4 melee heroes. I got flamed and apparently reported by a 3 stack for not buying a gem (though I bought 21 sentry wards) and the other member of our team asked why they picked 3 melee heroes after the enemy first picked techies and why none of them bought the gem since I would be ganked and we would lose it also suffered an endless flaming.

Most my games are fun, then you run into situations like this and it makes me think that maybe it just isn't worth playing support.
    I stopped playing years ago because I couldn't justify the effort it took to have fun. Region locking would help, but if Valve really wants solo queue to be fun they're going to have to hire warm bodies to actually start taking out the trash. Automated systems only go so far.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Well I'm 14-6 in my last 20 games, so I'm doing well but I really wish I could turn things around with Vengeful Spirit (1-3) like I've won all my laning stages with her (as a support) and have a 3+ kda in each game, but for some reason it always seems to fall apart at the end.

But what exactly is Monkey King's role anymore? He doesn't seem to do enough damage to really be useful, and if somebody has a blink dagger his tree hop isn't that valuable. I've won 2 games as Lich with one in the off lane, but both games I felt like we won inspite of Monkey, rather then because of him.

Also had a Tri-Lane with a Tidehunter and Bane as Lich against a Anti-Mage + Ogre. Between Enfeeble and Ice Armor, eating the ranged Creeps and Tide's Passive, that was probably the funnest game I've had against an Anti Mage. Can't speak Portuguese or Spanish, but I'm fairly certain he was not saying anything nice to us.

Then there's the topic of turtles. Some like them a lot.