Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Anyone else who picked up Far Cry 3? What kind of performance are you guys getting (and with what hardware)?
    50-60 fps with everything maxxed but AA which I have on 2.

Specs in sig.

Deleted
    That is really strange...

I'm sitting at 60-80fps, lowest I've seen is like 55, and that's at 1440p. I got everything set to "High", with HBAO, no AA and V-Sync turned off. No issues in cutscenes (where the game seems to lock to 60fps) and generally butter-smooth performance. And that's with a single 7970 at 1.1GHz.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    *it was, and it was the best

anyways, I fixed it somehow, I changed the motherboard to the old one (Asrock m3a77de) and used the old proc (athlon ii x2 240) on the Gigabyte. Both worked fine. I fail to understand how/why.
    Lol what happened with gigabyte?

*it was, and it was the best

anyways, I fixed it somehow, I changed the motherboard to the old one (Asrock m3a77de) and used the old proc (athlon ii x2 240) on the Gigabyte. Both worked fine. I fail to understand how/why.
    I've never had a problem with Gigabyte mobos, but then I've never used one of their AMD boards. Have you tried BIOS updates with the X2 240 in there, and then sticking the other chip back in? If it's a dual-bios board, the updated BIOS may have become damaged/corrupted/turned to the dark side, and was overwritten with an older version on the secondary chip.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Bos is that with your 6970/6950 xfire setup?
    Yeah, I'm sure I should be getting more but again might be driver-related.

Edit: Drivers updated, menu is running much better at about 50-55fps average. Cutscenes are still acting up, especially the one that pops up when a new game is started(4-5fps) and gameplay fps seems to be generally the same, an improvement of 2-3fps but nothing major.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-12-16 at 08:10 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Lol what happened with gigabyte?
    It's in the box, on my bed. It is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Anyone else who picked up Far Cry 3? What kind of performance are you guys getting (and with what hardware)?
    With my GTX 590, I get around 30 FPS on everything max. And 55fps average on HBAO/2XMSAA.
    Playing since 2007.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even do 4.5GHz at 1.365v, so his CPU is better than mine.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

...anyone familiar with Rainmeter? And would be kind enough to walk me through how to change it / point me to a tutorial?

If you'd be so awesome, Add me on Steam.

Never mind, thanks Iamanerd.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-12-16 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I can't even do 4.5GHz at 1.365v, so his CPU is better than mine.
    I wish it was just the luck of the chip, it really has a lot to do with the mobo's power delivery system. I feel like if my chip was lucky I'd be @ 4.8~ w/ 1.365Vcore. Alas 1.4Vcore for 4.8 and 1.29 for 4.5

It's in the box, on my bed. It is fine.
    Such a dry answer.. :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I wish it was just the luck of the chip, it really has a lot to do with the mobo's power delivery system. I feel like if my chip was lucky I'd be @ 4.8~ w/ 1.365Vcore. Alas 1.4Vcore for 4.8 and 1.29 for 4.5
    I daresay the Asus P8P67 has a fairly decent power-delivery system, though I do wonder if I had a higher-end motherboard how it would fair.

I did find turning on the internal PLL overvoltage was letting 4.5GHz remain stable at 1.38v... x_x
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm almost tempted to switch my K90 for a G19 just because the G19 has the ability to change colors lol. Blue doesn't fit in with the black/red theme I've got going here >.>

If only I knew how to change the LED's safely lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

There are red-LED mechanical keyboards as well, mind.
    QPAD MK-85 is red LED with red (standard, but comes in other switches) without costing too much. Tesoro Durandal Ultimate, Ducky are others with red backlighting and all can come with red switches.

Yeah, the reason I was going with a G19 is because I have one sitting in the cupboard collecting dust, though I may look around for a nice deal if I can find one, not particularly keen on changing to a normal keyboard just because of the LED's.

Alright I'm just stopping in to see what everyone thinks. So here's my situation, I have a gigabyte 6950 1GB and a friend is going to buy it for 130 and I'm looking at getting the MSI GTX 670, is it worthwhile to do this upgrade or should I wait until the new 8000/700 series? Also I'll be getting an extra $30 of the card cause of newegg's preferred members thing so I can get it for $345 and then the $130 from my friend will drop it to $215.

I would say that the HD7970 (non-GHz) should be stronger than the GTX 670 in the pricepoint, especially since the huge driver 12.11 improvements for the HD7000-series cards. Depends on which games you wish to pay, but AMD seems to be getting stronger than nVidia in TWIMTBP-games (wheras nVidia is stronger in AMD-branded games, ironically)...
    I prefer Gigabyte when it comes to coolers and warranty - MSI capacitators have a tendencey to coil whine.

For the record, I have a (reference) MSI GTX 680.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-12-19 at 07:52 AM.

Hmm alright yeah the 7970 does look pretty good, I forgot they dropped a bit in price. Which non-Ghz one would you recommend? I'm thinking the gigabyte one but MSI's Twin Frozr I've heard is pretty good to.

Edit: Also I've been wondering if I should wait until the 8000 series but I don't know when that will release and mainly I'm looking to be able to run Far Cry 3 really good and when Crysis 3 comes out I want it to run good.
    Last edited by Iamanerd; 2012-12-19 at 08:17 AM.

Completely random question:

I'm wanting to reformat my computer, of which is custom-built, and Win 7, if it matters. Upon reformatting, will I have access to the internet (I believe I'm looking for...network card driver? I'm horrible with names of stuff)? It's been forever since I've reformatted a computer, and I've only done so on XP machines. And I assume I'll need to reinstall graphical drivers? Because I don't think I have those disks from the boxes...

If I will need to, is there a file path I should be looking for, so I can save it to a disk or something, to avoid all that hassle?

Network drivers should be native in Windows 7, or close enough for you to get online and then download the exact ones.
    For every other driver, download them post-install.