The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well I remember having a keyboard which required an extra power source, so was thinking a high powered USB you would not need the extra power source>.<.
    It is possible you're thinking of the pass-through, because some keyboards, like the Corsair K90, have two plugs, one for the keyboard itself, one to power the USB hub it may have.

My old Logitech G15 v2 on the other hand had two USB 2.0 (maybe 1.0?) ports on the back of it but only had one plug for the computer, only some things worked in those ports.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought a WD Caviar Black 4TB drive, recently went on an anime-downloading frenzy (all in HD quality :P) and surprised to find how quickly my HDD space vanished, almost no wiggle room left!

Judging from the Newegg feedback this thing is damn reliable (for an HDD that is, half the complaints about failing drives) and the 5 year warranty is simply something I couldn't pass up! In the far far future I may end up replacing my WD Green 2TB drives with these 4TB beasts and then I'll be at the limit of what my NAS can handle (QNAP TS-212)...apparently 4TB is the brick wall for platter drives? Or maybe it's simply what my NAS can currently recognize.

Anyway no matter how far in the future, if I manage to need more than 8 fucking terrabytes of storage I'll know I have gone officially insane....yeah yeah, we all said that a while ago about 1TB didn't we :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Firmware-issue, I'd guess.
    I have 6TB of mechanical storage internally, and wonder how I can use it up, when I can't seem to fill my phone's memory..
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Throw some uncompressed Fraps footage onto your phone, lets see how it likes that :P

Also I dunno about the whole "firmware issue" part because 4TB is the most that has been put onto a single 3.5" platter drive...I think. All the NAS is saying is that it can handle 2x4TB drives (8TB) and that's the end of that, no more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your computer can handle more. ;D

Here's a thing:

Run some speed tests on that thing... I want to see how fast it is. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, too late. I've already begun the 1.7TB copy process 2 hours before I read your post and the disk will be almost half full when I do the test. Damn.

Deleted
    im putting my money on 100mb/s read/writes.
    i've also been thinking of a server but then again my parents both can't do shit with a pc.

edit: the world would be rather boring if everyone was sane
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-05-20 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A. 4TB drive for $300? ._.

I guess I'll wait... or something. Though I haven't a clue why you got a Black for essentially... a data storage/media drive. =S A Green would have worked just as well, and quieter.

B. Surely you could still test it alright. :P
    "A flower.

I doubt there are any WD Green 4TB on the market yet; WD always start with Blacks to offer premium performance and size for their consumer drives.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there are the Reds.

Though I think they are a bit more expensive, for the added security and features, yeah?

*goes to Newegg*

Oh never mind, biggest is a 3TB at $151.

Far too much saved money for Xuvial. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A. 4TB drive for $300? ._.

I guess I'll wait... or something. Though I haven't a clue why you got a Black for essentially... a data storage/media drive. =S A Green would have worked just as well, and quieter.

B. Surely you could still test it alright. :P
    > Doubles as a Fraps drive
    > Exceptional Newegg feedback on reliability
    > 5 year warranty (Greens have 2 years)

I literally spent like an hour thinking about which one I'd go for >_<

edit: eh, nothing flashy for the WD Caviar Black 4TB

Meanwhile, the SSD (Samsung 830 128gb)...

Sheesh, what happened to the IOPS?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-05-20 at 07:52 AM.

So I'm back after extensive downtime due to bluescreens. Seems to be fixed now *knock on wood*, seems that my chipset driver was causing problems so I had to update that and it's running solid so far.

In other news I bought myself a tablet, instead of going mainstream I went with an Ainol Novo 10 Hero 2 10.1" tablet cause I'm a rebel :P so far I'm really impressed with it, for $250 it's really awesome.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    So i've had my entertainment value watching the Xbox Reveal. Most i've laughed in a long time. Peter Molyneux was exceptionally entertaining.
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/21...xt-xbox-reveal

10+ Year Old Account
    Urgh, such heavy focus on TV and channels.

But I guess the only reason I can't see the point in 80% of those features is because I don't own a console, my gaming station (i.e. PC) and my TV/movie setup are two completely different things in two completely different areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Smart-TV can do all of the features they mentioned. And no wiggly + voice control are mandatory. I navigate just fine with a remote, thanks.
    Gamingwise, PC has now proven to be a far superior platform. With digital retailers, the so long used argument that PC gaming takes too much time installing etc is over.
    And PC has a much more extensive variaty of games than any said console, with more respectable pricing.

This console, and this generation of consoles, is a joke. I hope it's the last. Because all i can do is laugh at their pathetic attempts to be innovative, for the sake of innovation. Hoping that if they stuff enough frivolous gimmics in there people will buy it.

Let the denial begin!

no backwards compatibility, games can only be installed for one live account, fucking TV bullshit,...

This is bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    This console, and this generation of consoles, is a joke. I hope it's the last. Because all i can do is laugh at their pathetic attempts to be innovative, for the sake of innovation. Hoping that if they stuff enough frivolous gimmics in there people will buy it.
    Mmm I don't really agree with innovation for the sake of innovating here. I've personally lost count of how much damn time I've speng looking around for the TV remote or juggling multiple remotes. I personally don't know anybody who owns a Smart TV, they also have a similar thing going on at home with juggling multiple remotes for multiple devices. Of course you have stuff like universal remotes but that's just band-aiding or postponing the inevitable issue of just losing the damn thing again.

A fully voice operated TV and console (with the option to also use the remote because I don't feel like yelling at the TV at 1am in the morning) sounds pretty neat, quite a few people were actually using their Kinect for the XBox voice commands and not for playing the actual games...ironically...

I'm also getting a very strong feeling that a LOT of the channel/guide features will remain exclusive to the US, I just don't see how they can make such a thing work for people in other countries using different satellite/cable providers.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    no backwards compatibility, games can only be installed for one live account
    Now THOSE are far more pressing concerns

edit: Also I found this:

Sigh...
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-05-21 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Mmm I don't really agree with innovation for the sake of innovating here. I've personally lost count of how much damn time I've speng looking around for the TV remote or juggling multiple remotes. I personally don't know anybody who owns a Smart TV, they also have a similar thing going on at home with juggling multiple remotes for multiple devices. Of course you have stuff like universal remotes but that's just band-aiding or postponing the inevitable issue of just losing the damn thing again.
    I have two TVs and a stereo and I operate them all with my phone. I haven't touched the remote since I setup the channels about a month ago.

As for the Xbox One... a big, rather bulky black box. Wow, the designers really did a number there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    As for the Xbox One... a big, rather bulky black box. Wow, the designers really did a number there...
    Our computers aren't all that different :P
    And that's what this thing is more than ever before, a mini-computer based on x86.

Kinect needs to be plugged in at ALL times for the xbox to work.

They dun goofed