Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Before my reference MSI GTX 680 I had a DirectCu II HD6970.
    Less than impressed with the fan curve (idle at 10%? AWESOME! Being loud at 30%? Less awesome!), the memory cooling design and the fact that it's not really much cooler for the noise than any competitor -- despite taking up an extra expansionslot.
    The triple slot version started to be audible around 40% for me while the 2slot version (670) starts to be audible around 65% but have to agree the extra slot is kinda pointless. As you can see in this picture they could have easily made a 2slot card of it instead of using so large plastic things where the fans are attached to. Something else which is fail is that 2 heatpipes are not even touching the gpu die >.< MSI's heatsink design is just so much better but I hate their fans. But still the 3slot cards they look awesome in SLI especially on a rampage iv extreme :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    But still the 3slot cards they look awesome in SLI especially on a rampage iv extreme :P
    They may look awesome (especially the backplate) but it still made me want to get rid of my 580 DCII as fast as I goddamn could lol. The card sagged like hell unless propped-up by something and SLI was basically impossible (back then I kept fantasising for SLI, don't ask why) because my motherboard starts off the PCIe16x on the 3rd slot down so it runs out of PCI slots :S
    Plus I had a growing feeling that the 580 would turn into an obsolete 2kg brick impossible to sell-off due to the sheer size, so I got rid of it when I could and replaced it with a much "lighter" 660 Ti DCII. Yeah people yelled at me for doing such a thing because back then 580 was essentially equal to 660 ti in performance but now with drivers the 660 ti easily destroys 580 in any game.

I've only experienced DCII + nVidia and I can say they are ultra-silent and OC fairly decently, right up there with Gigabyte. Cooling performance isn't on-par with an MSI card but then that's never hard, just ramp the crap out of fan speeds -_-

The only reason I never liked Gigabyte's Windforce coolers is because...well, because they almost always used a fucking BLUE PCB. Noise = excellent, performance = excellent, aesthetics = garbage! I believe they also made brown/black PCB's but in my country only the blue ones seemed to end up in stores. I mean look at this, their 680 Windforce...

NoooOOoooo kill it with fire! From the top it's got a cheap-looking plastic look and from the bottom (you know, the side which you always see) it's blueeee.

But then Gigabyte released their 780 Windforce...

All-metal framing on top for the cooler and black/brown PCB. All I can say to that is FUCK YES! Now you're listening Gigabyte, that's the way to go
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-05-30 at 11:18 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Speaking of coloured PCBs... you know what I miss?

Good old purple PCB Soltek boards.

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 09:53 PM ----------

Also, new motherboard to replace the P8Z68V Pro soon, as to fit my now nomadic lifestyle.

I'm going to miss my Xonar... sniff
    Last edited by Asera; 2013-05-31 at 12:53 AM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

@Xuval Yes the 580's were like that but the 680 dc2 got this special bracket which helps preventing it being sagged. Atm only the 680 has it. This guy here has a rampage iv extreme with 2 of them in sli and aren't sagged which just looks gorgeous imo.

Well I never could get higher TDP than 60-70% on my 680dc2 without vsync in BF3 or crysis3 for some reasons while the card never passed 63° but with evga oc scanner x tdp at 130% (325w) the card was hitting 85° with fans at 100% and starting to downclock & artifact. I really had to set the power to stock to pass oc scanner for an hour. Not sure how a WF3 performs at such wattages but could be better. Going SLI with 3slot DC2 you either have to be rich or deaf :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for that bottom card XD
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Those are some loud fans :|
    I realise it's SLI, but even with the camera that close, they should not be that loud.
    Then again, I'm sensitive about that.

I also don't mind blue PCBs. I'd rather blue PCBs than a GPU-backplate! (well, I don't really care about backplates just fun to poke fun at, but I wouldn't spend more on one either.)

And I think Sapphire motherboards used to look quite nice (considering the time of the making of these the colourschemes aren't super-horrible) apart from the red in the latter picture.
    http://images.tweaktown.com/content/8/8/886_9.jpg
    http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1f/1fd425...k_990FX_1.jpeg
    &nbsp;

Yeah, a white PCB would be quite nice.

Deleted
    the no more blue PCB is a good thing.
    i'll just wait and see what card i'll have acces to at first.

So I'm back up and running on an ssd and I'm happy. The OCZ drive was sent in for RMA and from what I've been told I'll either get a replacement or whatever the new model is in a few weeks. Meanwhile I bought a Samsung 840 pro 128gb as per your guys recommendations, so a toast to a long happy life for this one.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    So I'm back up and running on an ssd and I'm happy. The OCZ drive was sent in for RMA and from what I've been told I'll either get a replacement or whatever the new model is in a few weeks. Meanwhile I bought a Samsung 840 pro 128gb as per your guys recommendations, so a toast to a long happy life for this one.
    need someone to take care of the OCZ replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    need someone to take care of the OCZ replacement?
    Lol, only if I can take care of your 780s when I do get it back it's gonna be used as games storage.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    Lol, only if I can take care of your 780s when I do get it back it's gonna be used as games storage.
    returned those today for full refund likely.
    time to survive on intergrated for now
    only untill i can get my hands on some more special 780's. (GB OC, evga classified, DC2 TOP)

Lol fair enough. My plan to get a 27" monitor is on hold for the moment while I gather my finances again.

Deleted
    Lol fair enough. My plan to get a 27" monitor is on hold for the moment while I gather my finances again.
    in the same boat (new stuff likely once i fix my new job in my new place)
    not really sure what kind of monitor upgrade i'll get and what i'll keep of my two current screens.
    30/27 " as primary screen is very tempting but combined with my two current screens the tripple screen setup would be quite an abomination

in the same boat (new stuff likely once i fix my new job in my new place)
    not really sure what kind of monitor upgrade i'll get and what i'll keep of my two current screens.
    30/27 " as primary screen is very tempting but combined with my two current screens the tripple screen setup would be quite an abomination
    Well I was gonna go eyefinity with my 2x 24" and the 27" but I dont think my cards would be able to handle it.

Deleted
    Well I was gonna go eyefinity with my 2x 24" and the 27" but I dont think my cards would be able to handle it.
    need a bigger wallet , bigger desk and more powersockets in my new place first then. (also in that very order :P)
    also it seems that i'll have to share net with other people that's gonna be fun with 4 people on a 10/3 connection. (guess i'll have to try to convince them to up it for a few euros each to 50/30 orso)

need a bigger wallet , bigger desk and more powersockets in my new place first then. (also in that very order :P)
    also it seems that i'll have to share net with other people that's gonna be fun with 4 people on a 10/3 connection. (guess i'll have to try to convince them to up it for a few euros each to 50/30 orso)
    At least you guys get it cheap(well cheaper than here). Was hoping to get that monitor since I've got other more important things to pay for first >.> was only gonna buy it because I ran into some cash a while back but now that's mostly gone cause of the new ssd.

Deleted
    At least you guys get it cheap(well cheaper than here). Was hoping to get that monitor since I've got other more important things to pay for first >.> was only gonna buy it because I ran into some cash a while back but now that's mostly gone cause of the new ssd.
    aah well if i can fit my router as the main source i can use IP QoS
    perhaps sell the replacement ssd then?

aah well if i can fit my router as the main source i can use IP QoS
    perhaps sell the replacement ssd then?
    Yeah that's likely what I'll do.

15+ Year Old Account
    .....I need to replace my 460, but I'm broke. sad.

Oh, and hai ppl