It is to stop the beer coming in contact with the bottle top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Modded wine cabinet, how cool would that be?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would seriously need to be quite tall... thus too expensive.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    80% of all statistics on the internet are made up, 67% of all people know that.
    And the rest are stated by me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    80% of all statistics on the internet are made up, 67% of all people know that.
    That one is actually based on a representative survey of steam user data though.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That one is actually based on a representative survey of steam user data though.
    Well damn. My bad in that case.

In other news.. Anyone have/had experience with the 3d component of a 3ds/xl? More interested to see whether it gets tough on the eyes on a long gaming session for example. Been itching to play the new pokemon so trying to decide whether to get a 3ds or 2ds.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    From this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post24956775

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Yeah, this was all around the same time period when they went to 25nm. Their original drives before this used Sandforce (pre 2000), then they switched to a modded SF2000 controller rebranded Indilinx (not the same chip that Indilinx eventually co-developed with OCZ) for Vertex 2 era drives as well as very early Vertex 3 / Agility 3 / Octane / etc etc on said 25nm NAND. AFAIK that only had a few month window, which just magnified the issue and confusion due to the new controllers and memory spanning over 2 generations of their drives in such a short time.

In regards to the return rate, that's one site. It's also drives that were all sold during a small window in time. If that site had sold the defective Corsair lineup, their numbers would have been similar.

They recalled for different reasons: http://www.pcper.com/news/Storage/Co...rdware-defects

They likely wouldn't have recalled if they weren't having physical PCB issues. Worth noting that none of the other manufacturers did either.

Their Sandforce issue was the Indilinx issue. Same controller, they just rebranded it after their modifications to it. Honestly, I don't comprehend the "they handled poorly" thing. It's not like they didn't honor RMA's, and if you remember back then they even offered refunds months after purchase if a retailer didn't agree to.

The screenshot was a screenshot, "Hey look, here's an OCZ drive that has been on for 2,600+ hours that has perfect S.M.A.R.T. data. People just make them out to be a guaranteed failure. I had my diagnostic work drive next to me, so I figured why not? Portable version of SSDLife is pretty much the quickest way to pull up r/w totals and TRIM status.
    Well you might not comprehend it but that's how it was, it's not some made up story, it's quite well known how poorly OCZ customer service handled the whole situation, not taking responsibility etc. until long after everyone else did. A bad reputations doesn't usually spawn out of nothing.

I'm just saying your screenshot doesn't prove anything beyond your drive being fine which no one that I know of have disputed. Who are these people that "make them out to be a guaranteed failure"? sure there are trolls and maybe a few completely unaware people but they're always around no matter which brand we are talking about. However having having 8-10% or even higher return rate is pretty bad no matter how you twist and turn it. 10% is not 100% so chances are quite high that your SSD is fine.

The initial comment was made to Deltrus about "no company would stand for that" when in fact OCZ did indeed "stand for it" via their stubbornness and poor media/support handling unlike most other brand at the time. There is really no need to start debating the whole OCZ situation one more time, you disagree with the majority and that's probably not going to change no matter how hard anyone tries.

It's quite clear they've had a rough time and clearly not bathing in success but at least Toshiba has seen some potential in the company and let them handle their own SSDs, their power supplies which has also had quite a few issues, although they do have some decent units, and other products are still not sold off afaik.

Also for the most part everyone has been able to buy Crucial, Samsung and a few others at the same price level but with much better reliability and support so it seemed like the obvious choice with a few exceptions. Why take a much bigger risk when there is an affordable and more reliable option.

Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Heh, I knew going with WD Greens for my NAS was a good idea :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Heh, I knew going with WD Greens for my NAS was a good idea :P
    I wish that list included Blues and Blacks.
    "A flower.

What the hell is that, and why is it blocking my 2nd 5"25 inch bay? Am I supposed to cut it out? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's a placeholder for when you don't use it. You can break it out.

So i'm currently in the market to buy a DAC. That Dragonfly v1.2 looks mighty tempting..

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have half a mind to return the TASCAM US-366 USB DAC interface. For the $202 it cost me, it is really lacking, for one, in the SNR department - when there is a really high pitch part in a song or low pitch, I can hear scratching, which is obviously not okay by most peoples' standards, who care about how their audio sounds.

If a ground loop isolator works, then hey, that would be cool because that would mean I could just go back to using my ASUS Xonar DX with 116 dB SNR... or maybe I'd just order an AudioEngine D1, which has a 110 dB SNR.

Either of which is quite superior to the 96-98 dB SNR of the TASCAM. >_<

Not to mention the headphone port on this thing is pointless, as it isn't very strong.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah when i was looking I looked at that unit of yours, but I got the impression it's not really meant to be used as a DAC per se. More like a recording device for guitars. So you can record without the delay FE a Xonar would give you.

I'd recommend the D1 over the Xonar DX. But yeah, it costs more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Xonar shouldn't have delay and even if it did, you are most likely not gonna record straight from guitar to the pc anyway are you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Xonar shouldn't have delay and even if it did, you are most likely not gonna record straight from guitar to the pc anyway are you.
    I tried to do this....but as far as the mic port on my STX was concerned, the guitar barely existed. Turns out with no amplification they output a pathetically weak signal
    But it works great when fed into an audio interface and THEN into the microphone jack, or directly from the audio interface into the PC itself. Lots of amping!

Also Delt isn't exactly a guitar guy :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-01-31 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my bass worked (i think because it's active), but direct playback was impossible. There was like a half-second delay. So i couldn't hear what I was playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had that delay as well when using my Line 6 Pod XT but I was under the expression that the Xonar would actually fix it. Haven't given it a go yet though. Then again I don't see how DAC would be any different (it's usb interface like my Pod XT). For me it's a moot point nevertheless since I can just plug my headphones to the Pod itself and then plug that to the PC via USB and just record. There's some delay but I can't hear it since I'm not listening to the PC realtime.

And, as Xuvial said, since there's no amping nor any sound effects or processing the output is not only gonna sound weak but also very plain. No gain, distortion, nothing. Pretty hard to play like that. That's why you ultimately want a digital amp modeler to make it sound better.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2014-01-31 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Then again I don't see how DAC would be any different
    The D1can't, however Deltrus's unit can do it. And you're right, it did sound really bland x'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    There was like a half-second delay. So i couldn't hear what I was playing.
    Oh, yeah I haven't found a way around that either. Even the slightest amount of delay really screws with being able to play properly.