Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    So my second WD Caviar Black decided to die yesterday (raid0), leading to the death of all of my games (1TB of Steam games) and music =(
    That sucks, did you have any backups? If not it shouldn't be the end of the world as you can redownload Steam games... and depending on where you got the music from it hopefully shouldn't be too hard to get it back.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moving my post from Post Your Gaming Setup! megathread to here because I think it is a bit off-topic, with the subject matter we moved on to...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    if you are willing to part with $300, why not save up for a bit longer and get the Rokit8s, because eventually you are gonna want to get them or something similar anyway

also, i forgot a pic :P
    OMG did you really do that? :O I f**kin love you Cyanotical! XD

@Drunkenvalley... I'm in a basement, it appears he's in a real room. lol

(btw, posting this picture to my facebook, this is just too good.)

Speaking of power and all that - I am safely underground in a house/neighborhood that has underground electric cables. ;D Have not had a power outage in literally years, though just last summer we had that one bit of flooding in the basement from a lighting bolt striking likely outside the house, it only fried the modem, everything else continued to work and still does to this day. I think the last time we lost power during a storm would have been during this one storm back in like 2002. lololol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    i lost power 2 years ago when some idiot trying to race his GTO ran it right into a transformer, but surprisingly Xcel had the transformer replaced and power restored within 3 hours, otherwise, we haven't had any outages since i was a kid, and even then, only 1 or two, which wasn't fun, because as a kid, a power outage is very fun

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    just quote someone in here, copy+paste the quote over there, simple and easy. :P

Last spring/summer every time it would rain my whole neighborhood would lose power for a couple hours at a time. One night it lasted for a good 5-6 hours with an electrical crew working the entire time. Every couple hours the power would turn on briefly, then you'd year a loud "BZZZZZT*POP*!" coming from down the street where the transformer box is and it would go out again. Turns out an underground power cable (all the power cables around here are underground) was shorting out, and it only happened when the ground was wet.

After all that, I asked for a UPS for Christmas... and ironically we haven't had a power outage since

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    That sucks, did you have any backups? If not it shouldn't be the end of the world as you can redownload Steam games... and depending on where you got the music from it hopefully shouldn't be too hard to get it back.
    Didn't make any backup unfortunately, I can't redownload since I've got around 500 steam games & my internet cap is at 100GB with 4mbit/1mbit for $650/month -.-

The music was from iTunes, and they don't offer redownload, so yeah I'm screwed. I'm not going to promote piracy here but it's not my fault they don't offer redownload D:
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The music was from iTunes, and they don't offer redownload, so yeah I'm screwed. I'm not going to promote piracy here but it's not my fault they don't offer redownload D:
    woah, what? really?

that is a really crappy policy they have ;l

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow now I know why I never jumped on the itunes bandwagon. I still buy CD's and rip them myself lol.

That's why you use the iCloud, stores all your music there, can download it whenever you want. Still, I've heard stories of people calling Apple and getting at least part of their library back, so try that.

Sorry to hear about your data loss. =(

Yeah, iTunes is quite honestly balls. Generally speaking they should be allowing you to redownload though... as long as you verify that you are, truly, yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was honestly not expecting that from Apple, since I've seen everyone go on about how you can redownload apps and such.

I've got my harddrive from my dead laptop (which my ex-girlfriend smashed, along with my webcam) out & found out it's got around 60% of the steam games I've had before, so that's a start. Also got Starcraft 2 & WoW from a friend, so I'm not entirely bored now.

RIP

I tried switching around to all 8 controllers but it didn't "restore" my raid0, so I'm certain it is a dead harddrive, my old intel SSD X-25M's freezes started to get worse so I just ended up throwing it in the bin, good thing is I got a free 320 series 120GB SSD from PCGamer.com so I just reinstalled windows, to get rid of the 5 minute boot it took on my X-25M.

Horrible, horrible month =(
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-03-14 at 08:53 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Sounds fun. Is it the same kind of fun as cisco networking tests? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    hey now, useless certs that dont mean anything anymore are never fun

Well, I technically got cabling test tomorrow. But I already got the points to pass Cisco so I'm not going. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    the annoying thing about the CCNA is that you still need it, but its not relevant anymore, the main reason companies want you to have it is that they can get a discount from Cisco based on the number of certified employees they have, even though 90% of a CCNA is covered in a CompTIA Net+, the other 10% has mostly to do with iOS which isn't too common anymore given that most managed switches and routers have a built in web gui

Good sire! Check the side bar in itunes and look for "purchased," all your jams and such should be hanging out to re-download. I shall acquire a picture once I learn how to use this mac. Brb 1-2 years.

Ohh yes, you need to update your itunes first, then click on itunes store, log in, then take a gander over at the sidebar. Should be right there.
    Last edited by Baelskar; 2012-03-15 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Sounds fun. Is it the same kind of fun as cisco networking tests? :P

ah yes nothing more ''fun'' than cisco

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelskar View Post
    I shall acquire a picture once I learn how to use this mac. Brb 1-2 years.
    shift+command+3
    shift+command+4

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    ah yes nothing more ''fun'' than cisco
    I know one such thing. It's called math. The math class I've been just barely too sick to actually attend, and the notes and papers we've gotten afterwards don't actually tell you how to solve anything.

Working on such an assignment here. /sigh

I've got two degrees in networking and barely use either (90% of my job falls under help desk and PC Tech stuff), I've also got my CCNA, what a waste of money...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-15 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully I'll be able to understand what DrunkenValley & Cyan is talking about in 3 years. ^^

Armory