Page 4 of 533 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm currently reading about parametric equations and raytracing. But I got about 4 more chapters to dig through I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    im about to start a class for getting a CEH, hopefully there is green text and explosions like hollywood portrays, or perhaps something more like swordfish

CEH is actually a cert that interests me, but I don't know enough about security (and more importantly, how to circumvent it) to even attempt it.

Speaking of certs, I really should get some Microsoft certifications under my belt, I'm sure I'd pass most of them no problem, but I honestly can't be bothered to drive 2 hours to the nearest testing facility... =/
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-15 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can probably get the basic ones for office and other programs for free, the MCSA/MCSE or MCITP though are cumulative certs built on other classes and certs, its about the equivilant to a bachelors made of raw tech classes, awesome to have, not very fun to get
    MCSA
    MCSE
    MCITP

I'm just now noticing this thread.

Anyways, recently replaced my Naga with a Mionix Naos 3200 and I love it. Pretty comfy mouse for my large hand size. I was contemplating the 5000 but both Amazon and Newegg were out of stock at the time and I decided adjustable weights wasn't really worth the additional 30 bucks.

Lately, mostly due to hauling around my computer a lot, I've been contemplating going to a mid-tower from my NZXT Phantom. Probably something like a Corsair 550D. The Phantom serves it's purpose, but the fact that the 200mm fans all make rattling noises, even turned all the way down with the fan controller, and if I'm not extra careful in how I pick it up I have to worry about the plastic panels snapping off, have killed my love for the case.

If you want something incredibly easy to haul around then you could probably look at the Airboy or the Level 10 GT.

Happy to see this thread opened, that said since i recently built my computer I was wondering if it worth it to softmod my 6950 to a 6970. Heres: my build: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15657280

Wasn't it only the 2GB version that could unlock?

Moreover, it should've been fixed ages ago.

Ahh yeah didnt see that it needed to be the 2gb version but thats alright, thanks for the catch there.

Ordered HD 7970 yesterday, as it was on offer already. It was, what, ~18% off (which was nearly 1k NOK) I believe. Gonna have to loop up my machine just so I can burn-test the graphics card before actually making it part of the loop...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I just woke up from a dream where I was trying a mechanical keyboard.... now my no-coffee-brain is like GO TO MICRO CENTER AND TRY IT BAAHHHHHHH GET MECHANICAL KEYBOARD.

I think I am at least going to go and check them out, they have at least the K90 and Black Widow in stock, so I can hopefully feel what MX Red and MX Blue are like.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

My keyboard is still chugging along, and after all the money I spent on my PC over the holiday season I simply cannot justify buying a new keyboard until my current one dies. =/ Not to mention, I'm saving up every penny I can so I can afford the down payment on a new car. =D

Also, to a mod, can we add a couple things to the Want help with your build? Read me!" thread? Namely:
    • Do you need peripherals (monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers) included in your budget?
    • Do you need an operating system included in your budget?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Also, to a mod, can we add a couple things to the Want help with your build? Read me!" thread? Namely:
    • Do you need peripherals (monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers) included in your budget?
    • Do you need an operating system included in your budget?
    If I remember I will look into it.

I also recently added some new stuff to my "portable" sound setup:

iPhone
    Fiio L1
    Fiio E5
    AKG K242 HD

I'm contemplating exchanging the K242's for either a pair of Grado SR125i or a pair of Koss KDE250's. I'm leaning towards the KDE250's because it is after all for portable use, but I do have Sennheiser CX880 already.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried those AKG's and they honestly really felt very quiet compared to the other headphones in the same price category... They were missing a considerable amount of oomph. :P Still though, excellent headphones, just felt quiet.

You should really try and look into the Shure SRH 440s sir. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Oww, my thumb hurts like hell after fitting 3/8" tubes on the 1/2" barbs on the CPU-block... xD
    Thank god I'm actually done with the hosing now. Just gotta leaktest it tomorrow, I think.

Then when the graphics card arrives I can burn-test it for defects, overclock, etc, yay. Then watercool the sucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    your thumb is gonna hurt more when you take that loop apart in a year for service

Hehe. Well, to be perfectly honest I'm ~this~ close to just up and ordering the EK Supreme HF block. The gold-plated Apogee HD is honestly rather bothersome.

10+ Year Old Account
    the gold plated block is more of a pride of ownership thing, adn the EK block is nice, but the plastic look reminds me too much of the old home made blocks from ten years ago

also, since this is not the computer forum, i can say things like "Koolance is better", and i dont have to post anything about backing that statement up

which does bring up something i have been thinking about, as a professional, im not supposed to have brand favorites or say things like "brand N is better then brand A"

but does the average consumer ever wonder why professionals avoid certain brands, or stick with the same ones time after time? or do they even notice?

So I have been hearing rumors about intel ivy bridge chips. Anyone know any worthwhile info on them or are they just a rumor at this point?
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!