Deleted
    Sweeet, Gigabyte Windforce x3 680 shipped 3 days earlier than expected ^^ And the day after I decided to go with a 2500k! might even have a rig for this weekend

There is hardly a nicer email than the one I got this afternoon: Your order has been picked up by DHL, here are the tracking numbers.

Should be here tomorrow morning, saturday morning at the very latest. So that is ordered midday Wednesday, arrives less than 48 hours later.

So, I've been invited to a LAN party this weekend, but I'm apprehensive about transporting my computer there. Normally, I just strap it to the front seat using the seat belt, and steady it with my hand around particularly sharp corners, is that still gonna be sufficient?

I think I may be babying it, I act like the slightest bump is gonna cause a leak.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-27 at 02:20 AM.

Yeah I usually set it between the front seat and a rear seat and push the front seat back to where it's snug.
    computers are pretty sturdy though, my friends have done some shady transporting of computers before

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason NWN is so worried is because his computer now has a custom liquid cooling loop. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'd be worried about hitting a bump breaking the graphics card and/or the PCI-e slot it's in too. I usually lay my computer down on its side (motherboard facing up) behind the seats in my truck (extended cab + no rear seats = plenty of room) ... definitely wouldn't do that with a water cooled PC though (which is going to be me also soon)

I'd take out the graphics card at least, that is a lot of strain that is no longer on the motherboard. You could place it upright in the footwell behind the front seats, that should wedge it in quite nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    So BF3 crashed today, and wondering which one of the ~8 usual causes of BF3 crashes had happened this time (seriously the game can be such a bitch, especially with Origin issues) I was surprised that it was because my PC ran out of RAM!
    Yes I was running WoW and BF3 at the same time (as I often do when sitting in queues) but I had always thought 8gb would be enough and hence disabled the pagefile on my SSD. Something must've pushed the RAM over the limit...anyway, wondering if I should just shove in another 8gb of sexy Mushkin RAM or just enable a 4-8gb pagefile on my SSD :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-04-27 at 11:18 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Alternatively, you can put the paging file on your HDD.

http://superuser.com/questions/23781...-disk-location

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how it works -_- but having it on the SSD is far more benefitial regarding speeds. I have the space
    The idea was to have enough RAM to never need a page file, but these days 8gb isn't enough for multitasking...
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it on your hdd punk. It's fine.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I just got a Define XL Titanium for my HyperV server.

Holy mother of god it's monstrous... I'm scared to see a Cosmos II in person now. D:

Can't wait to move everything out of my old, crappy, rattly CM690.
    red panda red panda red panda!

I made the same move from a CM690 to a Define XL. You'll like it (I know I did)

...but I'm going back to the CM690 once my water cooling parts arrive... there's no place to mount radiators in the Define XL (I could probably mod the case to fit some, but then it'd lose a lot of it's silence-y-ness)

Deleted
    Hey guys, have a quick question about dismantling my old PC. How do I detach psu power cable from my old floppy drive?(yes..floppy drive )

It doesn't just pulling out, even by applying force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I just got a Define XL Titanium for my HyperV server.

Holy mother of god it's monstrous... I'm scared to see a Cosmos II in person now. D:

Can't wait to move everything out of my old, crappy, rattly CM690.
    The Cosmos 2 would eat you.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 06:19 PM ----------

Thought you guys would find this video hilariously stupid.

What a bad...
    "A flower.

"This is where it gets radical"

I like how he says "uber gaming machine" when I'll bet it doesn't do as well in most games as a 2500k/2600k that's overclocked. Workstation yes, capable of playing games yes, but "uber gaming machine"? ... no.

Oh, and lol@2PSUs for that build

Deleted
    Why not put the dual 680s a bit closer to eachother?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Why not put the dual 680s a bit closer to eachother?
    I mentioned that, as well as a few other critiques in a comment (dual Xeons not being good for gaming, overkill PSUs, way too much RAM, and his inability to take even constructive criticism). He called me a troll, accused me of being "qu***" (derogatory word for gay men), and then blocked/banned me.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-27 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I mentioned that, as well as a few other critiques in a comment (dual Xeons not being good for gaming, overkill PSUs, way too much RAM, and his inability to take even constructive criticism). He called me a troll, accused me of being "qu***" (derogatory word for gay men), and then blocked/banned me.
    What can I say? He's a really nice, mature fellow.