The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I mentioned that, as well as a few other critiques in a comment (dual Xeons not being good for gaming, overkill PSUs, way too much RAM, and his inability to take even constructive criticism). He called me a troll, accused me of being "qu***" (derogatory word for gay men), and then blocked/banned me.
    Yeah, he says it's okay to give him quality constructive criticism, but when you do, he still gets pissy...

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 08:52 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/user/phoenix7289/feed?filter=1

That's a quick fast forward to the comments in my feed, just look at the top two most recent comments from motherboardsorg.... how mature and kind!

(NSFW due to extreme profanity, definitely not PG13 rated, either.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The person who came up with the idea of half-inch deep holes for the motherboard screws in the sabertooth needs to be taken out to the yard and shot. Getting those tiny screws in without them dropping off the screwdriver took so much time. And then one of them drops off and rolls under a mosfet or something, that took a lot of finding. Anyway, computer is built, I'll try and remember to take a picture before I close it up. Couldn't figure out how to get the three case fan cables to reach to the fan controller doodad so they are simply plugged into chassis fan headers.

Oh, and restarting the PC in 15 seconds...so fast, I used to go get a cup of tea when I rebooted on the old computer. Oh, and WoW with all settings at ultra except shadows, 8x multisampling - flight through Valley of Strength lowered my fps to 53 for about a second.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-04-27 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    I actually have a question that I think is really easy to answer.

I got the H80 and have been looking over how to manage the cables because I want everything as tidy as possible. I'll be plugging my two 120mm fans into my controller (i.e. not into the H80 unit) and controll them manually. If I understand it correctly I should still connect both the molex (to power the pump) and the 3-pin (so that the pump knows the temperature of the CPU and can ramp up when needed)? I mean, the logical answer is "yes" but I just wanted to make sure as I have had no prior experience with pre-filled liquid coolers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I actually have a question that I think is really easy to answer.

I got the H80 and have been looking over how to manage the cables because I want everything as tidy as possible. I'll be plugging my two 120mm fans into my controller (i.e. not into the H80 unit) and controll them manually. If I understand it correctly I should still connect both the molex (to power the pump) and the 3-pin (so that the pump knows the temperature of the CPU and can ramp up when needed)? I mean, the logical answer is "yes" but I just wanted to make sure as I have had no prior experience with pre-filled liquid coolers.
    As far as I understand that's a yes. I have my H100 set up with 2 fans connected to the actual H100 (push), and 2 to a fan controller on the front(pull). Don't see why you couldn't have all on a controller.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    I made the same move from a CM690 to a Define XL. You'll like it (I know I did)

...but I'm going back to the CM690 once my water cooling parts arrive... there's no place to mount radiators in the Define XL (I could probably mod the case to fit some, but then it'd lose a lot of it's silence-y-ness)
    I'd just get a new case entirely. Lol. I really don't like the 690.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Eh, it's not all that bad, there are definitely worse cases out there. Besides, a new case would cost more money and would leave me with another empty case that I'm not using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, he says it's okay to give him quality constructive criticism, but when you do, he still gets pissy...

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 08:52 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/user/phoenix7289/feed?filter=1

That's a quick fast forward to the comments in my feed, just look at the top two most recent comments from motherboardsorg.... how mature and kind!

(NSFW due to extreme profanity, definitely not PG13 rated, either.)

=)

Forgot to blurr my name out, doesn't matter anyways XD got most of the regular posters on my facebook anyways

Seriously I don't get how he gets so easily angry.

Edit: Got banned on his page, oh wow.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-04-28 at 07:55 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, the most TTL will do is if you ask him a dumb question, he might call you a n00b in a joking manner and say "go look at it again," like he did when I asked him how to make certain parts of MSI Afterburner's info show up on the screen while I'm in a game, I thought it was funny and took no offense. :P He's also joked about it in his videos where he has said something along the lines of "and then you can go around and say 'I got called a n00b by TTL!'"

But seriously, I kind of almost wonder if the actual guy in motherboardsorg's videos is actually the one doing the responses on youtube, these are just so damn extreme and different from how he behaves (for the most part, anyways) in the videos that I'm not 100% sure it's him. Yes he acts silly in a lot of videos, but he never shows any of his anger from people who have made comments, idk, guess we can see if he makes a new video calling anyone out or whatever.

Ask and see if you can get anything from Noteworthynerd because I know he said he had like 8 gmail accounts. lol
    "A flower.

Wait, hold on. Ritalin kills diabetic people? Wut.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Diabetes coming from both grandmothers and I have never heard of this. O_o

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 11:13 PM ----------

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125378

BUY NOW BEAT THE RUSH ZOMG

Gigabyte 6450 for $15
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=58...e&promoid=1058

This is pretty much a steal with how shitty the 7750 and 7770 are.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Hmm...

/discuss

(I think the features/layout are pretty much perfect (for me), and I really like the 2.5" SSD mount behind the motherboard tray.... but it's kinda ugly, especially the side panels)

It's a neat enough case by the looks of it, but I'd probably leave the sidepanels off and just throw filters on the fans themselves...
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-04-29 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I saw the Hardwarecanucks video for it, not too impressed. Should have just been HAF M, the HAF X IS MINE!!! ALLLL MIIIINE!!! /Elric Phares' poor acting ENGAGED
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I have Diabetes coming from both grandmothers and I have never heard of this. O_o

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 11:13 PM ----------

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125378

BUY NOW BEAT THE RUSH ZOMG

Gigabyte 6450 for $15
    $39.99 now :/

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 05:50 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEn-J...&feature=g-u-u

About half-way through Linus hints at an IB based 2011 processor.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG IT'S MAYYYYYY

inc gtx 660 ti and 670
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    reading about the motherboards.org thing is disturbing

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? /10char
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    generally people within the tech industry are taught to be professional and open to ideas, especially those in a public view, acting like a 13 year old on xbox live is improper to say the least, and then alluding to a physical threat, if he worked for me he'd be fired on the spot

yes his build is stupid and i posted that on his youtube video, not the right CPU for gaming, not the right GPU for a workstation, questionable choice in PSU and SSDs, he can build whatever he wants, especially when he doesn't have to pay for it, but that doesn't mean he can deceive people into thinking thats the build they should get, nor does it mean he can lash out at those who give him criticism

10+ Year Old Account
    Well-put, to say the least.

Has he responded to you yet?
    "A flower.