I know this isn't really answering your question, but something that might ease the decision up. Or at least postpone it.
    If the mic still works with the Siberia, you can keep them around your neck and use them as your mic, while wearing the headphones properly.
    Yes, it's not a perfect solution.
    However, it's an inexpensive interim one.

I really wish I could, mic is just spouting some electric noise, and as soon as possible I need to get back having a working mic.If it was just to play I'd have done without, but I kinda need it asap to do some recordings, I had to buy a more serious one since a few weeks, maybe months, but kept pushing it away due to this one still working...now can't really keep it this way.

That's also why I'm still up at 4 a.m. trying to figure out what to get and how much to spend, I could easily go to 300€ and more if the pieces will hold together for a long time, but I'd love not to...

sorry if I'm rambling more than it's necessary but I need to make up my mind as soon as I can, and I'm slow on deciding on these things, I started as early as possible and probably next week I'll have a decision xD

Thanks a lot for the help though! atleast I got some options on the headphones, just need to choose from one of these and choose a good mic now!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to back up the suggestions for any of the Sennheiser HD 555/558/595/598. With a proper source and high quality audio, as it seems you have, those things will be amazing. I personally use Shure SRH440 headphones, but they are likely enough under budget that you wouldn't mind spending some more, plus you could still get more spending more, so.

If you got the Sennheisers Tetris suggested, trust me, your friends will be either making fun of you out of jealousy, being totally amazed, or will be so jealous they will be dead silent. :P

I can also vouch for Samson as a pretty good brand, they are not the best IMO, however they do make some great products for lower budgets. I have their M15 microphone and Media ONE 3a studio monitors, love both!

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother forgot to tell my granddad that I sent the PSU I bought to him, he didn't know about it and denied the package =/

Well, that was ~$30-40 out of the window, if he denies the SSD & mobo I got for -37% off it's going to be $200 out of the window

I REALLY need to find a place to send my packages in Denmark properly, FFFF--
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-06-09 at 02:04 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    alright so i have a question regarding ssd caching...what is it and what does it do? been seeing some stuff on it and im interested in finding out what it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's specific to Z68 motherboards and newer, allows you to set a portion of the SSD that the HDD can use as a cache for fetching the most frequently-used files that you store on your HDD.

Frankly I don't see the point of it if you have a decently-sized SSD that can handle your OS + Programs + a game or two (80gb or higher). Some motherboards have thrown in a 20gb "integrated" SSD for that purpose (I think only Intel, will need to look into it). For those on an extremely tight budget who can't afford a full-fledged SSD, a 20gb acting as cache will still result in drastically faster speeds than what a hard drive can give...but it'll still be slower than a proper SSD because it's just a cache.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

It also has an upper limit at 64GiB I think. May be GB, but not sure.
    SSDs over that size will have the remaining partitioned to (X-64 = partition).

I must say that I'm a fan of it though. Being able to actually make use of an SSD for the things you evidently use the most, without the headaches of user management.
    Will it be as fast? No. Will you have control over it? No. But will it be easier and more hassle-free? Yes.

Is it for the advanced enthusiast who knows full-out what he's doing, or just anyone who use their SSD for specific needs (video-capture or photoshop for two common alternatives)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    My mother forgot to tell my granddad that I sent the PSU I bought to him, he didn't know about it and denied the package =/

Well, that was ~$30-40 out of the window, if he denies the SSD & mobo I got for -37% off it's going to be $200 out of the window

I REALLY need to find a place to send my packages in Denmark properly, FFFF--
    If it had your address on it as the return address... why would he deny it...

That's really stupid.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Think he listed his grandfathers address as the recipients of the order; He didn't order them to his location and then send. <- Guess.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm liking the cleanup, Deltrus! Though I recall you planning to replace your mobo with a more enthusiastic one, whatever happened to that? ;o
    I know we aren't supposed to be all grammar police-y, but the idea of a motherboard being more enthusiastic made me chuckle. I imagine the Sabertooth would have the personality of a special forces unit commander while the P8Z77-V Deluxe would be a computer tech that likes a luxury lifestyle but cannot live without having all the gadgets you possibly can have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Komplett doesn't send to Greenland, but I thought my grandfather was able to keep them until I move.

You can't really pass on a 80+ Silver PSU on -55% sale
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

...so here's a new one... Replacing the motherboard in my audio workstation (M5A88V Evo was having USB issues, switching to a Gigabyte 970A-UD3), and when I was pulling the heatsink off the CPU... the CPU pulled out of the motherboard socket with the heatsink. The MX4 I used must have decided to act like glue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I know we aren't supposed to be all grammar police-y, but the idea of a motherboard being more enthusiastic made me chuckle. I imagine the Sabertooth would have the personality of a special forces unit commander while the P8Z77-V Deluxe would be a computer tech that likes a luxury lifestyle but cannot live without having all the gadgets you possibly can have.
    hardy har

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    ...so here's a new one... Replacing the motherboard in my audio workstation (M5A88V Evo was having USB issues, switching to a Gigabyte 970A-UD3), and when I was pulling the heatsink off the CPU... the CPU pulled out of the motherboard socket with the heatsink. The MX4 I used must have decided to act like glue
    http://i.imgur.com/B7MHdm.jpg
    This happens all the time with traditional sockets, so I wouldn't fault MX-4. Ways to prevent this would be to run your CPU hot for a bit and obviously to use a twisting action when pulling the heatsink off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    <snip>
    Holy shit I didn't know that was even possible. Was kind of cheap-o method did they use to attach the socket to the motherboard o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Well seeing how it's a PGA CPU (Phenom IIx6 1100T) it makes sense how it happened... the TIM was holding onto the CPU stronger than the motherboard socket was and I pulled the heatsink straight up. I've just never seen it happen before.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The socket is completely intact and still attached to the motherboard. What you're seeing is a vanilla AMD CPU stuck to the bottom of an NH-D14. It's not uncommon to see on old style ZIF sockets like the ones AMD still uses and Socket 478 where CPUs started using large integrated heatspreaders.

What with the new version of the bios promising higher stability, I was thinking about updating to it. Do I need to reset my current bios settings to default beforehand?

10+ Year Old Account
    What with the new version of the bios promising higher stability, I was thinking about updating to it. Do I need to reset my current bios settings to default beforehand?
    No, if anything, it will likely reset them on its own, but I would suggest you read any documents that get released with the new BIOS version.

I've updated my motherboard's BIOS a few times in the past year and the most recent time it reset my overclock back to stock settings. >_< (It did not do this every time, though.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Direct translation to my native language (swedish) and it still remains a poor choice of words. =P I knew Deltrus would get what I was talking about, and sometimes I just throw in weird/incorrect ways of saying things for the comedic effect. Though usually they should be pretty obvious.

If my mobo could express its feelings I'm sure it'd say some nasty things to me due to the high CPU voltage and LLC