The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that should be an interesting setup! O_o If you can pull it off I definitely want to see pictures!

Either way, how you're losing weight with eating bacon is beyond me. You lucky lucky man. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If nothing else, LCHF.
    Made me lose 14kg in 10 weeks. Or 30.8lbs.
    I ate nothing but egg, salmon, veggies and bacon. Some minced meat, but mostly just that.

As for the setup, I've seen others have it, it's sadly not my own idea.
    But I've seen the monitor line up, and they do so both in physical space and in resolution, so that's nice.
    Expensive as all heck though.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    LCHF? Translation? =X
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    LCHF? Translation? =X
    Low carb, high fat.
    Either way, this is straying a bit off-topic. I'm not a mod of Fun stuff, so I can't give any orders, but you are welcome to keep it up in PMs if you'd like.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you forgot this is a chat thread. ;p As I know it was basically just to chat about whatever, unless I was mistaken. O.o

To be more about computers, I honestly am hoping to get a job of some sort because I really want to get an IPS display, specifically either a U2311 or 2711, probably. This Acer LED back-lit is simply brighter than I had hoped, to a horrible extreme.

I also need a new GPU anyways.
    "A flower.

...speaking of GPUs, the one in my HTPC (Zotac GT430) seems to have just freaked out on me. I was watching Netflix (the computer also runs my personal Minecraft server, and I have it's CPU running folding@home 24/7) when all of the sudden pink and green squares showed up all over the screen and jumped around randomly... and the system wouldn't respond to any input. Rebooting fixed the issue, but now it makes me wonder about the health of that graphics card. In my experience artifacts like that either mean a) an unstable overclock (which this card isn't) b) an overheating graphics card (which I doubt it was, highest I've ever seen it get is 60C... and I run it fanless so it can't be a dust buildup issue) or c) a dying/faulty card...

Fanless can still run into dust-build up. Either way, it can also be driver-issues.
    &nbsp;

That's true, didn't think of driver issues. Either way, never seen it do that before and haven't been able to get it to do it since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm going to live alone for the next 3 weeks, I decided to drag our TV to my PC so I can use it for youtube/twitch while I'm playing games, I seriously can't concentrate on a game if I'm not watching something at the same time :P

I underestimated the HD6850, it can run Bad Company 2 at ultra settings 1920x1080, no AA.. I'm impressed :P

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I record with MSI Afterburner. Quite good quality. Sound wherever I want it from. :]
    Also, I'm dieting as well, trying to drop from 149 lbs down to 136.

That's why I'm eating bacon to begin with. Bacon, bacon, bacon, egg, salmon, veggies, try not eating dairy. Dropped 5 of the lbs in a week so far.
    I'm on a diet myself, was at 114kg when I decided to lose weight, now at around 104kg using Nupo :P
    Not to revive the discussion
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it sucks tremendously. >_< Frankly I wish I had waited to buy the monitors and gotten the 4s or 5s, I mean jeez, the 4s would have only been $50 more. Had I waited a bit, I was coming into a pretty substantial amount of money about 3 months later (this past March) so I could have totally gotten the 4s or 5s.

Live and learn. I make purchases too fast.
    "A flower.

Haha, man, when I see the prices you guys pay for your stuff I think: damn, if I could just get there for free and come back without paying taxes on what I bought, I'd be so happy.

I wanted the 5s for the better low-freq response, but I'm not sure I'm losing too much.
    I have the subwoofer from my crappy 2.1 system from before here. I was thinking about trying to use that sub with the 4a, but I'm not sure I can or if it would be worh it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be intrigued if I could use my Logitech sub with my 3s but I just wonder how I would wire that exactly. It's a Logitech Z2300 2.1 system, I'd take the two speakers out and just use the sub alone, of course. Got any suggestions? I also have the Xonar DX.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121122
    "A flower.

The way I was thinking of doing it, at least that's what my sub allows for, was connecting a RCA-RCA cable from the 4A to the sub (which has RCA entrance for the speakers that came with it), and then use the P2 output to connect to the Xonar DX, just like I used to with the old speakers. After it was all set, I was thinking of using the FlexBASS feature the Xonar has to determine the proper cut-off frequency (I'd just pick the frequencies where the response from the 4a gets very low).

From the looks of the pictures on newegg, I don't think you'd be able to try that way though =/

I guess the idea is to find a way to connect the speakers to the sub and the sub to the pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah poo.

Yeah I think I'd have to get a dual RCA port for my monitors to connect to the sub. The cable that came with them is a dual RCA to single plug. Should not be too difficult now that I think of it. I might actually have one of these. O.o
    "A flower.

Haha, try it and let me know, very interested. I'll probably try that tomorrow when I can max out the sound hehe

10+ Year Old Account

Guessing this should work, right?
    "A flower.

I'm not too savy in this subject, but I suppose so.
    And check out that FlexBass feature in Xonar Panel, I think it'll be helpful here

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 03:45 AM ----------

oh =[ I'm sad now, just noticed the most inner pellicule in the right woofer is coming off very slightly. Not sure if it's too bad (as in, if it's affecting sound), but never nice to see a flaw in something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm not at all a pro with bass settings, (I'm a drummer and metalhead, I don't care much about bass) what do you suggest I set it at? It was already set to around 125-140Hz, something in that area. I also have the bass setting on the little dial for the Logitech speaker set, too.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 03:47 AM ----------

Inner pellicule? Seems you have a French word. =S Can you take a picture of it?
    "A flower.

I think the idea for that setting is setting at what frequency (and below) does the sub start working with. So, take a look at your speaker specification (or the graph it should have behind one of the monitors) and check where the response starts dropping dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Active monitor specs: 80Hz - 23KHz. So would you say I should put it down to 80, that is with only the two monitors going.
    "A flower.