True. Truth be told, I'm not really of the impression they're extremely anti-Apple products, but rather against Apple as a company, and the frivolous lawsuits being waged. But with that said, that might just be the anti-Apple in me speaking from a biased POV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If that is the same Raidmax 520W that somebody wanted to use in the computer forum yesterday, it has an 18 amp 12V rail, which only gives you 216W total power for all components that use it (graphics card etc) and doesn't have any PCI-E connectors, only MOLEX. It derives most of its power through the 3.3/5V rails (can supply something crazy like 300W to them which is fine if you are using 20 hard drives, but utterly pointless for anybody else).

TLDR: Get a proper PSU, something from Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX (basically any of the brands that use Seasonic as their OEM).
    Hmm, then can it hold all these stuff for 1 week or so?

If you have the right connectors it would probably be fine. If you got a different version of the Raidmax 520 to the one I found, maybe it has PCI-E connectors. If it doesn't you'll need molex to PCI-E adapters.

Anyone tried or got reviews for the Asus Xonar Phoebus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you have the right connectors it would probably be fine. If you got a different version of the Raidmax 520 to the one I found, maybe it has PCI-E connectors. If it doesn't you'll need molex to PCI-E adapters.
    Installed it, works just fine. I'll play a match of DOTA 2 and see it's behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    http://www.google.com/search?q=revie...+xonar+phoebus

?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFrgpTA2G1U
    In-depth & professional review. ^^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Well what you want too know about it got it for 2 weeks now and its pretty good SC.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    So... IRST 11 is out, with TRIM support over RAID0...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...?DwnldID=21407

Unfortunately, from what I am reading, it only works on 7 series chipsets... -_-

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6161/i...rds-we-test-it
    red panda red panda red panda!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stupid, stupid decision by Intel.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys! I'm looking at getting a Corsair Carbide 500R; not too sure whether to get it in black or white but my main question is fans. I'm looking to spend a total of about £150 for that case with new fans but I'm not sure which to buy that're good and quiet.

Would I be better off just purchasing a case for £150 with stock fans instead?

Secondly I'm looking at buying an Arctic Cooling Freezer i30. Would I be able to replace that fan too?

I was originally looking at H80/H100 and a NH-D14 but I was told that an i30 would be more than sufficient as I'm only looking to OC my i5-2500k to 4.0-4.2GHz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFrgpTA2G1U
    In-depth & professional review. ^^
    Sssssh it's supposed to be a secret.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-20 at 12:46 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Love this old guy, he makes fairly informative videos, and isn't afraid of showing his mistakes.

Watch 16:40

I didn't even realize how close our projects were until watching him mod the case lol.

I really am useless at facebook, took me 5 minutes to find where to reply to people saying happy birthday...

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 01:22 PM ----------

The next time somebody mentions drivers in an AMD/nVidia debate, I am going to hit something.

So, I switched my primary browser from Chrome to IE9 at work. I tried it a few weeks ago and the only problem I had was that none of the AdBlock addons were blocking Facebook, YouTube or Twitch ads.

Decided to try it again today, and they seem to be blocking them just fine.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-08-22 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    So, I switched my primary browser from Chrome to IE9 at work. I tried it a few weeks ago and the only problem I had was that none of the AdBlock addons were blocking Facebook, YouTube or Twitch ads.

Decided to try it again today, and they seem to be blocking them just fine.
    What made you switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Godsk View Post
    What made you switch?
    A couple things:

1. I've been hearing good things about IE9 for a while, but had never really tried it out except on co-worker's PCs (IE is mandatory for "normal" employees because they use software that will only work on IE). I wanted to give it a try to see if what I had been hearing was true. So far, it seems to be, this is nothing like previous IEs.

2. I've been having weird issues with Flash and Chrome lately. Specifically, anything Flash related will randomly lose audio capabilities. For example, I'll be watching a YouTube video whilst a Twitch stream is muted in the background, and suddenly, the YouTube video will drop audio. The only way to fix it is to completely reload Chrome (close all of the tabs, and then Chrome, then open it back up).

I downloaded a spell check addon and an AdBlock; so far I'm very impressed.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-08-22 at 05:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No.
    There's a sticky, that should be enough.
    Besides, as a chat thread, it's more apt for fun stuff.
    Also, post counts don't count in Fun Stuff, which is another advantage.
    Fffffffffffff-

I feel cheated. Hurt.

It's all been in vain!