None. I save them as whatever the frag it saves as. :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually save them with proper file names so I know wtf they are....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I actually save them with proper file names so I know wtf they are....
    Oh look at mr fancy pants. (I kid, I kid.)

For me it's probably "asdasdasd" or "qweqweqwe", but I try to name my files and folders properly as well.

Well, looks like Anand (the dude behind Anandtech) just tinfoil hatted some of the whole "smartphones and tablets are the future" nonsense in relation to Intel's Haswell.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6355/i...l-architecture

Just read through the first page. While some of the stuff is definitely relevant and accurate, it still astounds me that people as versed as him in computing still believe this shit.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh. Whenever Anand says anything it comes true, that Indian genius :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

To not believe they will replace desktops within a foreseeable future is naïve, however. I believe there will come a time where most - 80-90% - will use a tablet and not own a desktop computer. This is for homeusers. They still have office use.
    Right now, I know extremely few who even has a desktop at home. It's laptops through and through. Look at people in general, in areas of society you would not dare tread; Laptops and tablets. The desktops for home users is not doomed, but its use will keep declining. I don't think most people see that they have a use at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    High-end gaming is already extremely niche so it's no wonder nVidia/AMD charge $400-500+ for their best stuff. From a general PC perspective it's just not profitable to make them any cheaper, nobody is bloody buying them.
    Even from a gaming perspective only a tiny percentage are buying those cards.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-10-05 at 01:05 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    tablets are nice for doing what many people do, and that is check facebook, but when it comes to gaming, compute, office work, modeling, high productivity, etc.., a tablet will never replace a desktop, it's simply physically impossible with current tech to fit that much power in a small device,

there is of course also ergonomics, the current chair/desk, and keyboard/mouse/monitor lend themselves to a great level of comfort, allowing the user to work/play comfortably for hours on end, my neck starts to hurt after about 10 minutes of using a tablet

i think alot of this comes from the mass amount of people who write tech blogs, 90% of them wouldnt know a dimm of ram if you threw it at their face, yet they feel entitled to call themselves geeks and write "tech" blogs because they own an iphone (cough*mashable*cough)

How can people even compare Tablets to Desktops, not having a physical keyboard for work is impossible.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    To not believe they will replace desktops within a foreseeable future is naïve, however. I believe there will come a time where most - 80-90% - will use a tablet and not own a desktop computer. This is for homeusers. They still have office use.
    Right now, I know extremely few who even has a desktop at home. It's laptops through and through. Look at people in general, in areas of society you would not dare tread; Laptops and tablets. The desktops for home users is not doomed, but its use will keep declining. I don't think most people see that they have a use at all.
    Here is the problem though. Do you really believe 80-90% of home users don't need a system with a keyboard? Are happy with a 10 inch screen at most for multimedia? Happy not being able to burn a CD/DVD/BR?

There's more, but you get the point. Could addons be sold to solve those issues? Sure, but then what do you essentially have? A PC. I think many fail to realize a few basic things:

1. PC churn is at an all time low. This isn't the 80s anymore, a newly purchased desktop or notebook isn't going to need to be replaced in a year (or 5) for the average user. The more powerful machines get, the less frequently they're updated. This is more or less due to office/web browsing/itunes lacking ever increasing power requirements, it stays flat.

2. Just because tablet sales and smart phone sales are on the rise, doesn't mean people are adopting them as their main computer platform. PC sales aren't actually moving whatsoever. For example, a 0.1% change from Q2-11 to Q2-12. At that rate, it would take a century to make a legitimate dent:

i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    the majority of people with the buying power to go out and buy a new computer every year don't, they view it like a couch, they have one, what do they need a new one for when the one they have works perfectly well (same with laptops), if i didn't forcibly upgrade my mom's computer every other year, she'd still be using a gateway from 1999

most people buying tablets are not doing so as a replacement, but as a supplement to their already existing computer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Oh look at mr fancy pants. (I kid, I kid.)

For me it's probably "asdasdasd" or "qweqweqwe", but I try to name my files and folders properly as well.
    I've run out of qweqweqwe, I end up replacing some of the files.

Now I just use them as ie. imgurumrmrg or fbbbfbbfbfb.

Might explain why my SSD is almost at full capacity most of the time.

Also, friday!

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The whole "desktops are doomed, doomed I say" attitude is somewhat weird to me. The way I see it it's something we'll see a lot of people do for a while, then it's just going to pan out on both sides for a good long time, then start happening again, etc.

If there is any kind of doom for PCs, it won't be in a long time. We've hardly been through more than one-two average purchase cycles, and it's hard to judge just with that how things are going to look down the road.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    1)
    What is your guys most common filename? I think mine is sefsef or sefsefsef.
    Usually something along the lines of fkadsjgafjnkg.

or dkjfkasjjgkvkd.

That is whenever I plan to not keep the file for long (temporary files for printing for example, they get purged every few weeks).
    red panda red panda red panda!

I think gaming consoles are more likely to die out faster than desktop computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Might explain why my SSD is almost at full capacity most of the time.
    http://lifehacker.com/5802838/how-to...fe-of-your-ssd

Do that if you haven't, yet.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll take a look at it when I get home, but I've tried disabling the fetch thing before, never going to try again, made searching incredibly slow :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I'll take a look at it when I get home, but I've tried disabling the fetch thing before, never going to try again, made searching incredibly slow :P
    I didn't do that I don't think, but definitely kill hibernate and move pagefile and indexing to a HDD. Opens up a pretty pro amount of space.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Here is the problem though. Do you really believe 80-90% of home users don't need a system with a keyboard? Are happy with a 10 inch screen at most for multimedia? Happy not being able to burn a CD/DVD/BR?
    Like I said, laptops.
    Do you know anyone with a desktop, like, girls at school/work with desktops rather than laptops?
    When I've hung out with my friend working at the now bust electronics store Expert in Sweden, many of the customers, when asking for "a computer" had no idea what they were looking at when led to a tower. They want laptops. The general populace buy laptops. And many laptops are being replaced by tablets, while those working on desktops get replaced by notebooks.
    It's an attractive trade, mobility. One I don't agree with.

And then there are tablets with keyboard docks. I'm sorry, I want desktops and I want the general populace to have them. I just can't see it keeping up.

Right now, the only mobile device I would consider buying (for working) would be a tablet with a dock-keyboard arrangement or a netbook/ultrabook. I have an intense hatred of on-screen keyboards, they don't work right and they are so slow to type on.

I can see tablets replacing gaming consoles, but they won't replace proper computers.