Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    ....continued from Gaming Setup thread to avoid off-topic infraction:

Not entirely true, depends what the floor is made of, how well it responds to vibrations and whether the user wants the vibration coming through the floor or not.

E.g. I have a wooden floor (room is upstairs) and I prefer being able to feel the bass via my feet, it gives a true sense of "power" to the beats in the music and makes drums FEEL like actual drums - you don't just hear it, you feel it. For me placing the sub on the floor vs placing it on the desk had a notably different effect...and my sub isn't even directional!
    In the specs it says "Fourth-order closed bandpass enclosure design", which is gibberish to me but it's something to do with the sub drivers being enclosed in a box and going out equally in all directions....I think.
    It is just jargain used to make things sound more than they are, the enclosure is just a wind tunnel to give a pseudo direction to omnidirection, in essence pulsing in a cross pattern. Also Id say I was trying to agree w/ you, meaning its less about up down left and right than it is about the acoustic value of the location, Ideally the absolute best locations are usually beneath stairs in that angular crease, will thunder the house around you. Imo the feeling of bass power is when it pushes your chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait here we go

Not sounding so complex now, are we Corsair? Ha!
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    ehm guys i think i need some software to monitor my Vcore with my current OC :P
    got HWM and CPU-Z show only 1,06V for my current 4,57'ish Ghz clock..........

That's probably VDroop. Volt dips during load, because of the computation taking shortcuts. I could explain it more in-depth, but, eh. It's irrelevant.

Deleted
    well yeah i've read abit about that but it is actually spot on for the past hour and seems on the very low side ? (yea i know 1h stress test is short so far but it's still running ofc :P)
    dunno perhaps just a fishy feeling because with way higher Vcore(up to 1,425) i never managed to get a stable OC beyond 4,2.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-10-08 at 07:21 PM.

Those might be "holes". Try it at 4.4 and it may be stable. I know for a fact that with 185 MHz on the FSB and 19 multis, it won't work for me, no matter how hard I try.
    But 200 MHz and 20 multis is perfectly stable at even lower vCore. Those things happen.
    If you're really obsessing over it, you can increase your LLC a bit, but that is not recommended as per Intel's specc (because the voltage may spike unexpectedly if you get a slump in the workload, but the vCore keeps overcompensating) which basically overcompensates for the vDroop. I would not recommend it, since if it's stable, it's stable, and I'd approach an LLC-less oc before an LLC'd one.

10+ Year Old Account
    bass has no direction at <85Hz, if you are using it as a 135Hz LPF placement matters

Deleted
    aah well so far it seems stable and with pretty good temps +_60 (mostly mid 50's with 65 as max)
    guess ill truly find out how stable it is when ill let it work tommorow when ill be at school.

ps : idle it's on 1,04 that seems interesting at best with what i've read about Vdroop so far

What does the vCore readout say in, say, OCCTPT?
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    How did you manage 4.57? What cpu?

99.34~FSB with a 46 multi
    Or if an AMD CPU, 198.7 with a 23 multi.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    same (just had to install it fast xD)
    basicly a 34,6% OC according to that program

I7-2600k
    multi 44
    bus 104

Deleted
    While being bored waiting for parts to arrive I made a logo for my next project. The build itself is nothing too fancy, but it will hopefully be done by the end of the week if all goes according to plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parts? what parts? :O

Also, can't stop laughing at this:

http://i.imgur.com/co2TE.jpg
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it : /
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Etc
    Nce logo, although I have to admit I see no relation between image and text. :B
    The logo's an aperture, but project involves stingrays? o.o

Have you ever built a computer without sting rays?
    Also, project names are not necessarily related to the finished product name. Think Nintendo Dolphin.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Bad example. Those controllers are shaped just like dolphins!

Slightly unrelated but not that far off either; How to name your pc!
    In short, stingray is the perfect name, in length, holy shit that article is old!
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-10-09 at 05:14 PM.

I'm in love with my mechanical keyboard. Obviously. It's a shame the Logitech G710 has orange accents and grey WASD/arrow-keys.

I want a tenkeyless keyboard as well, and ones with blue switches and buttons who doesn't fade after time. Which means laser-etched, which usually means backlit, or the ninja-approach á la Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Ninja.

I was looking at this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhMYH_n_oU , and while tacky and cute, did interest me. It's not availible in a Swedish layout however, and that means it's not an option.

This will be an expensive six months for me, hardware and peripheral-wise. Big plans.
    &nbsp;

I'm not criticizing the logo or the name, but the combination of them. It seems completely unrelated, that's all. o.o