Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    12.11 is the one that's unstable.
    Ye, meant 12.11. Gonna revert it back. Thanks for the input!

Just got another one :s same error code.... On 12.8 now
    Last edited by protput; 2012-11-03 at 08:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    So who's having fun with Pandaland!
    You do that. Meanwhile I'll:

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

just a quick question to make sure: B75 boards support ivy bridge out of the box right? brainfart. =D

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Bluescreen galore here >< Is there a way to find out if it's hardware or software related? Error codes are different every time...
    Check out a program called WhoCrashed, it works wonders when you have BSOD's and want to know what the cause of the crash was.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    just a quick question to make sure: B75 boards support ivy bridge out of the box right? brainfart. =D
    B75 is an Ivy Bridge chipset.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Thanks Deltrus!

On a side note: got a Senn HD 598, ODAC and O2 Headphone Amp. Eargasm. Sold my SRH 440 and my right Samson 4a speaker simply stopped working =[ gotta return it to the store...aw crap.
    At least I have a great pair of headphones to use all the time =p

10+ Year Old Account
    so, my computer has crashed more in the last 24 hours running windows 8 pro than it has in the entire time i've owned it, including stress testing my overclock

10+ Year Old Account
    Running a brand new OS is a stress test, just a different kind >_>
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I had too many problems with Win 8 I decided to stick with 7. Maybe when the OS matures.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    the new eventvwr is even better, i came home to a black keyboard and login screen, which means a restart, all it had to say was:

The previous system shutdown at 11:05:07 AM on ‎11/‎5/‎2012 was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I had too many problems with Win 8 I decided to stick with 7. Maybe when the OS matures.
    I never touch a new OS until at least the first Service Pack is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I never touch a new OS until at least the first Service Pack is released.
    xp took a while to get going, but it was in the middle of a technology shift

vista was meant to be the OS of the future, it ran well if you had a top end computer with brand new parts, otherwise it was crap

7 was near flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    My computer has been mostly on since I installed it on launch day(yeah, lots of uni/work and procrastination) and I've had absolutely zip problems, the only minor annoyance is that the windows update now has a forced shut-down to update, but other than that its been really good with every game I've played.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    SSD coming tomarrowwwwww. I'm excited. Brand new SSD, brand new windows install!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    SSD coming tomarrowwwwww. I'm excited. Brand new SSD, brand new windows install!
    Speaking of windows installs, my new Samsung 830 128gb arrived yesterday and that meant I could pass down my sturdy old Vertex 2 90gb to parents along with a Win7 install (they were still using XP)! They LOVE IT. But it also meant 2 separate clean Win 7 installs which took a lot longer than I had thought initially...on my parents' PC every time I tried to install Win 7 on my OCZ SSD it gave me the notorious "Could not create a new partition on this drive, could not locate a partition" and I blew a solid ~2 hours trying to figure what the fuck was wrong, I had tried goddamn EVERYTHING and troubleshooted to the edges of the internet....when I connected the SSD to my own PC it was 100% healthy and usable, could format/create partitions/etc (I had TRIM erased it) but on my parents' PC it would refuse to work. Nothing wrong with the PC hardware, it's a Q8200 + Gigabyte EP31-DS3L + 4gb DDR2 RAM + 250w no-name PSU, built it back in 2008 and zero issues so far.

In the end I still don't know what was wrong because the problem seemed to sort itself out and the install eventually worked...don't you hate that, when shit sorts itself out and you have no idea of the cause? Bleh.

I'm yet to re-download stuff like BF3 / GW2 / etc etc which will amount to something like 30gb+ of downloading to do o_O
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-11-06 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Building a new "cheap" (relatively speaking) power station at work. As opposed to the Z800 and Z400/420's normally used this will be a demo on how much we can save by pretty much not going with pre-builds in those cases the support contracts are not needed.

Parts:
    i7 3930K
    MSI blabla GD65 LGA2011
    32GB RAM (4 sticks, upgradeable to 64 since there are eight slots)
    EVGA GTX 570 (want fermi for CUDA)
    120GB Samsung 830 (not opting for 840 due to it being too new)
    3x 2TB WD Caviar Red in raid 5 probably, temp storage
    Connected to an Avid ISIS system for high speed video scratch disk.

Some parts starting to arrive, nerdgasm at work

10+ Year Old Account
    Eep everyone's on the Samsung bandwagon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Building a new "cheap" (relatively speaking) power station at work. As opposed to the Z800 and Z400/420's normally used this will be a demo on how much we can save by pretty much not going with pre-builds in those cases the support contracts are not needed.

Parts:
    i7 3930K
    MSI blabla GD65 LGA2011
    32GB RAM (4 sticks, upgradeable to 64 since there are eight slots)
    EVGA GTX 570 (want fermi for CUDA)
    120GB Samsung 830 (not opting for 840 due to it being too new)
    3x 2TB WD Caviar Red in raid 5 probably, temp storage
    Connected to an Avid ISIS system for high speed video scratch disk.
    why are you storing stuff on a local machine instead of a file server?

also, when would support contracts not be needed at work? they're so much nicer than having to deal with RMA's etc. one phone call to Dell about a broken part and my stuff with usually be here the next day (assuming it's something I can replace) otherwise they will either send a certified technician (i.e. someone who Dell will repay us for if they mess up / break something), or worst case (which we haven't had to do) we have to send it back to them
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    why are you storing stuff on a local machine instead of a file server?

also, when would support contracts not be needed at work? they're so much nicer than having to deal with RMA's etc. one phone call to Dell about a broken part and my stuff with usually be here the next day (assuming it's something I can replace) otherwise they will either send a certified technician (i.e. someone who Dell will repay us for if they mess up / break something), or worst case (which we haven't had to do) we have to send it back to them
    I did mention it was gonna be connected to an avid isis That's a really nasty NAS in terms of speed and storage capacity.

To clarify, really mission critical machines will probably never be custom built here but for the rentable cheapr editing suites we have it might become an option. A machine going down wouldn't be a problem, we will always have spare ones. And they're all going to be connected to the ISIS and saving everything there. The wd cavoar reds in this particular machine are there for testing purposes and will probably be used for goodreader renders or something down the line.

The really expensive custom hardware machines will always be based on pre builds with fat support contracts of course
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-11-06 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Eep everyone's on the Samsung bandwagon
    i have an intel 520 and 310 in my laptop, i put an M4 in my mom's computer, and a C300 in my router