Deleted
    Merry Christmas computer forum all the best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Merry Christmas computer forum all the best
    and a brand new SCV! (must resist linking vid)
    anyone with some badass x-mass gifts? (no luck here :S)

Deleted
    Everyone too busy with frankohol atm Some Pioneer CDJ's coming in a month I don't know if that count's towards pc tech bit it will be hooked up to my rig atleast.

Added: And I think that counts as badass haha time to put my 10 year old 1210's to rest
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-12-25 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    frankohol? what have i missed?

Hey Computer Chat Forum --

I received this headset for Christmas, but...I'm getting static when it's plugged in. It plays music fine, but when music isn't 'really' loud, the static is rather distracting. I assume I need to download a driver for it? No disc came with it...

I went to this page, which appears to be their driver page, but I don't see a Mac driver, so I can't test it before I commute back to my house. Am I missing something? The package and website says it supports Mac...

This is my first experience with a non-super-cheap headset, any input would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Hey Computer Chat Forum --

I received this headset for Christmas, but...I'm getting static when it's plugged in. It plays music fine, but when music isn't 'really' loud, the static is rather distracting. I assume I need to download a driver for it? No disc came with it...

I went to this page, which appears to be their driver page, but I don't see a Mac driver, so I can't test it before I commute back to my house. Am I missing something? The package and website says it supports Mac...

This is my first experience with a non-super-cheap headset, any input would be appreciated.
    Quite a few TurtleBeach products have the static issue. See if this helps:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/603418902/
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/603420326/
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Quite a few TurtleBeach products have the static issue. See if this helps:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/603418902/
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/603420326/
    I will try that in a couple days, when I commute back to my Windows desktop. At the moment, though, I can only test it on this Mac laptop, of which I don't see anything I can do to alleviate this. Either way, though, thank you for the help. I'll try it asap.

Are you using a frontpanel header, or directly into the rear IO? Assuming this isn't a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Are you using a frontpanel header, or directly into the rear IO? Assuming this isn't a laptop.
    This is a laptop. I'm using a MacBook Pro, that is at least 5 years old.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Bought a meter to check how much power my computer draws.
    Overclocked CPU (i5-760), overclocked GPU (GTX 680), 4x DIMMs of RAM, four drives (SSD, Mech, Mech, Opt), keyboard with extra USB for USB-hub, mouse, external harddrive, wired Xbox controller, while charging phone, camera and headphone amp (Fiio e5) through USB.
    Running Unigine heaven (realistic gaming load)

Peak from the wall, 317w. Non-bronze but 80+ PSU (first TX650). For simplicity, I'll take the 50% load number of 86% (230VAC).
    So internally, it draws 272.62w (=42%), meaning I have roughly 377.38w to spare until I hit 650w internally - which it should be able to handle with overload.

Idle, ~91w (while all those peripherals and charging are plugged in). This is less than 20%, so its efficiency plummets below the 82% efficiency at 20%, but I'll take 82% anyway, and I get 74.62w, meaning it's close to approaching 10% draw idling, which is way too low.

In short, I need a bigger PSU so I can get more FPS.
    Hot damn!

If you're pulling that little... I need to see how much I'm pulling. O_o

i5-2500K@4.6GHz - 1.42v
    GTX 560 Ti@950MHz - 1.037v
    4x 1.5v RAM-DIMM@1333MHz
    2 7200RPM drives, 1 5900RPM drive, 1 SSD, 1 ODD, 1 fan controller
    Asus Xonar DX
    Corsair K90 with extra USB used for webcam.
    Mouse
    E-HDD

All with the SeaSonic X660 Gold

I'm very very interested now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

984 euro bonus at work, and 1440 euros of tax deduction (dunno how this is called) coming in next month. Veeery tempted to click order

I'm not a fan of WDC:Greens (I don't dislike them), but I do dislike the Corsair-fans. They undervolt poorly, apparently and aren't really best-in-show noise/airflow wise.
    They aren't the ugliest fans around (albeit doesn't look Noctua/Nexus good).

Beyond that, I'm not much of a fan of sleeving, but that's me personally. I'd keep I/O peripheral upgrades, the Samsung 830 and add a nice monitor, personally.

Err, Corsair fans undervolt poorly? Where are you hearing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Err, Corsair fans undervolt poorly? Where are you hearing this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSiHccoLUA&t=6025 and another place I cannot at this time find.

I've run those undervolted, and have yet to experience this. o_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    984 euro bonus at work, and 1440 euros of tax deduction (dunno how this is called) coming in next month. Veeery tempted to click order

corsair overkill? naah underestimated at worst
    also i just recieved unexpected funds aswell must resist buying pc upgrades. (hell wouldn't even know what to get!)

Just added an old HDD to my pc, but whenever it's plugged in it won't boot... Pulling out its SATA cable makes everything boot fine. I get a black screen with a white blinking -.

Halp?

Is it >2.2 TB in size? Have you fiddled with boot order in BIOS/Uefi?

1.5 TB... It comes out of an external HDD. BIOS recognizes it, but it wont boot when I have it plugged in.

Fixed! Different sata port worked.
    Last edited by protput; 2012-12-28 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    Etc
    Z77 + firmware update for near-instant boot? Add 3770k to previously mentioned bundle? Or more RAM? Maybe shinier RAM.