Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I got about the same result when I recently switched from a Fractal Design Define R2 to Silverstone Fortress FT02.

My CPU went down from high 30's when idle to 25-26c and my GPU went from 45ish to 29c.

Only problem now is that I need to get a new PSU since my cables are a bit too short for any kind of proper cable management and the positioning of the PSU made me even more aware of the annoying sound from the ball bearing in the fan.
    I really wanted the FT02 initially, but I hate bear hugging a tower whenever I want to take it to a friend's house, so I settled on the CM case. If my computer sat in one place for prolonged periods of time I would've gotten the FT02 no question.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Your monitors don't support displayport?
    ASUS VG236HE is HDMI or DVI. No displayport sadly. :\ Had the BenQ XL2420T been available when I was shopping for a 120hz I probably would have picked that up, buuuuuuut knowing what I know now if I were to be in a position to need another primary monitor I'd probably just go IPS.

That's a shame man. Oh well.

That's a shame man. Oh well.
    Yup. Indeed it is. Fortunately I canceled the 7970 when I realized it wasn't going to work. I would've felt like a jackass with a new $500 card and a gimped monitor. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    found this on reddit, it's worth the read if you've got 10 minutes

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...extgen/c7zfgtg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    found this on reddit, it's worth the read if you've got 10 minutes

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...extgen/c7zfgtg
    Nice read, I'm not a real fan of consoles, but if the thing about PS4 running linux, it bodes well for linux gaming in the future.

I would love to see PS4 running Linux. I haven't used Linux for almost 10 years now since I spend so much of my time gaming and I'm too lazy to dual boot. With games being properly ported or even developed for Linux that could easily change.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent, I had said we would see an HD7850 equiv in the least but for some reason others were convinced it will be no stronger than an HD6670 or 7670 lol.

There is still one thing left to answer, and it's a huge question for me that will decide whether I buy a console (FYI I've never owned one in my life) - will the 720 or PS4 allow me to plug a mouse/keyboard/joystick/etc in?
    Just like exclusives games, I have felt that exclusive controllers is absolutely retarded...the gamer should be able to choose whatever input method they like.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-19 at 06:41 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

That entirely depends on the manner in which the platform is meant to operate. If it's meant to cater to casual play to a notable degree there needs to be a separation in online games between those who use controllers and those who use keyboard+mouse.

However, if it's far more dedicated towards trying to bring it to e-Sports more, keyboard and mouse would be a necessity, especially if a variety of eSports titles could be launched to function on the new platforms. (SC2, LoL, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's meant to cater to casual play to a notable degree there needs to be a separation in online games between those who use controllers and those who use keyboard+mouse.
    But...why...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    But...why...?
    Because controllers have handicaps like aim assist.

No way you could possibly shoot straight on a console without it.

A proper mouse though has perfect control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Because controllers have handicaps like aim assist.

No way you could possibly shoot straight on a console without it.

A proper mouse though has perfect control.
    Yes, it will teach them to use a mouse for first person shooters. That's the entire point, to allow people to use the best control methods depending on the game and accept their handicap if they use the wrong controller. Every man and their mother owns a mouse lol.

I can try using steering wheel to play Street Fighter 4 but it won't do me any good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    But...why...?
    Because many genuinely enjoy playing with a controller over the mouse & keyboard. Forcing the controller-users into the same games as mouse+keyboard is a huge can of worms for a number of reasons.

1. Either the controllers demolish the mouse+keyboard because of stupidly good handicaps.
    2. The reverse because controllers don't get enough benefit to counter the mouse+keyobard setup.

Neither of the scenarios are fun. You tell me how exactly you would ship an FPS where you threw the two groups together and didn't just end up with a frigging disaster. No, people won't "just go learn mouse & control," because that's why they play the type of games with controllers in the first place.

Many people, if they wanted mouse & keyboard experience, would go get a PC. This isn't earthshatteringly complex of a concept, I hope.

TL;DR - The game's sales will be frigging terrible, because only a very small subset of cunts (pubstompers) wants a game like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people, if they wanted mouse & keyboard experience, would go get a PC. This isn't earthshatteringly complex of a concept, I hope.
    If it was that simple almost every gamer would own a midrange gaming PC, and we know that's about as far as we are from from the dark side from Mars. It's been 7 years since consoles released and a HUGE number of console gamers at this point know that PC is where all the awesome shit is happening. It gets rubbed into their face every time they go on the internet, many game developers in interviews are crying about how much stuff they have to cut-down to get the latest games running on consoles, etc etc.

A friend of mine plays BF3 on his XBox but he would love to play it on PC instead...except that he neither has the money, nor the basic knowledge, nor the confidence to assemble a rig and his Core 2 Duo + 300W OEM PSU ain't gonna cut it. . A console is a box he bought so he could insert a disc and just play, and that too he got it dirt-cheap (as they are going these days).

For now I'm the only person I know IRL who gets put-off from the notion of being forced to use a controller for every single game when a PC lets me plug in whatever the hell I like and play...but surely there must be others like me who feel the same way about consoles :S

They did try to pitch controller with aim-assist vs kb/m in Crysis 2. I remember the outcry of the controller-people when they removed the aim-assist in multiplayer. It was so unfair, and they could no longer compete with "no-skill keyboard/mouse-users".
    I doubt it can ever work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    They did try to pitch controller with aim-assist vs kb/m in Crysis 2. I remember the outcry of the controller-people when they removed the aim-assist in multiplayer. It was so unfair, and they could no longer compete with "no-skill keyboard/mouse-users".
    I don't know why they removed the controller aim-assist in MP...even if the assist was ramped up to an insanely high level, people using controllers would still get demolished so bad by C2 veteran "KB/M noobs" it wouldn't even be funny (speaking as somewhat of a veteran :P).

I reckon a novice with a keyboard + mouse would absolutely slaughter a veteran player with a controller, unless the auto-aim was, in effect, an Aimbot hack that got you a headshot every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Did they seriously say kb/m was no skill versus autoaim controllers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Did they seriously say kb/m was no skill versus autoaim controllers?
    Doesn't really matter, there's quite a few of them who believe that the more un-intuitive a control scheme is the more it is to be congratulated for requiring "skill" to use. Which is true to an extent, I could be congratulated for attempting to use a steering wheel to play Street Fighter and people could say "whoa this guy has skillz".
    But if they really believed in that then they would be playing first person shooters with motion controls, LOL.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38211954_o.jpg

That power usage. Benchmarking Ares II quadfire.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38211954_o.jpg

That power usage. Benchmarking Ares II quadfire.
    There are electric heaters that use less power