10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    discussions wouldn't always end in a internet fight.
    dat pasty skin

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say this chip/board clocks pretty good. 4.2ghz is stable at 1.3V @ ~68-70deg. Not bad for a lynnfield on air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quarterly (?) cleaning

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Only got mine a few weeks, got one of those chinese key removers though when i need to clean it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Spilled some coke on it last night, aswell as some monster. Oh and water. >.>

Still works fine though, but the Å & ¨ keys have very sticky. Been trying to clean them but it hasn't worked
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Try dipping it in 100% alcohol, leaves no residue when it dries up. Just make sure it's all evaporated before turning it on.

Oh i hate it when on techforums people franticly try to prove something, when they're in fact wrong. Posting biased reviews, misreading benchmarks, and misinterpreting data. And ofc start swearing the moment you disagree with them.
    For anyone who can read dutch:
    http://nl.hardware.info/forum/thread...Radeon-HD7970)
    TL : DR, they're attempting to prove that a 4GB GTX600 series has an edge over a 2GB GTX600 series when tripple screening. Apprently they do not understand how a memory bus works.

If only that site had capable moderators like this one, discussions wouldn't always end in a internet fight.
    4GB is obviously going to outperform 2GB when running triple monitors as well as a game that's pumping out super high res textures. Massive resolutions give way for massive VRAM usage for games that utilize decent textures for enthusiasts. Skyrim modding is another example.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I gotta say this chip/board clocks pretty good. 4.2ghz is stable at 1.3V @ ~68-70deg. Not bad for a lynnfield on air.
    q9550's especially e0's were doing it easy..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    4GB is obviously going to outperform 2GB when running triple monitors as well as a game that's pumping out super high res textures. Massive resolutions give way for massive VRAM usage for games that utilize decent textures for enthusiasts. Skyrim modding is another example.
    If it could use the 4GB, which it can't on it's 256bit/192GB/s memorybus. Hence it's a really poor price/performance card. Any GTX600 series with a 4GB buffer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well, this isn't a q9550 :P And 4.2 is pretty good for a i5-760. Specially since it was rather easy to achieve.

Yes, but Yorkfield is irrelevant to Lynnfield.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 12:54 AM ----------

Completely wrong. It won't.
    It will likely be able to run much the same performance as the 2GiB card, but it won't outperform it, ever.
    It can utilise more VRAM than the 2GiB card, but that buffer means nothing, since the 2GiB card can run it equally well.

If it could use the 4GB, which it can't on it's 256bit/192GB/s memorybus. Hence it's a really poor price/performance card. Any GTX600 series with a 4GB buffer is.

Well, this isn't a q9550 :P And 4.2 is pretty good for a i5-760. Specially since it was rather easy to achieve.
    Btw got something interesting for you if you want to gain a few degrees :P http://www.indigo-xtreme.com/images/...verallTemp.png

Thinking about buying this TIM but I'm cba with the burn in time unless I take my cooler of the cpu :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw got something interesting for you if you want to gain a few degrees :P http://www.indigo-xtreme.com/images/...verallTemp.png

Thinking about buying this TIM but I'm cba with the burn in time unless I take my cooler of the cpu :P
    Using something high-ish on that list. MX-4.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes, but Yorkfield is irrelevant to Lynnfield.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 12:54 AM ----------

Completely wrong. It won't.
    It will likely be able to run much the same performance as the 2GiB card, but it won't outperform it, ever.
    It can utilise more VRAM than the 2GiB card, but that buffer means nothing, since the 2GiB card can run it equally well.
    I don't understand what you're saying. If a 2GB card hits a VRAM cap, regardless of membus, it's going to choke. While a 4GB card -not- hitting its VRAM cap will not.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 12:18 AM ----------

Plenty of Skyrim modders (and 4K texture users) would widely disagree. You can easily hit north of 2GB in certain situations.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I don't understand what you're saying. If a 2GB card hits a VRAM cap, regardless of membus, it's going to choke. While a 4GB card -not- hitting its VRAM cap will not.
    I'm saying that the extra VRAM won't matter, since it hits the bandwidth cap well sooner than it will be able to use the 4GiB of VRAM, that on average, will clock worse than those on the 2GiB cards.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm saying that the extra VRAM won't matter, since it hits the bandwidth cap well sooner than it will be able to use the 4GiB of VRAM, that on average, will clock worse than those on the 2GiB cards.
    Totally agree, but that 2GB card would still need to constantly load and reload assets after the cap is reached. That's what I was trying to imply.

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post

Still works fine though, but the Å & ¨ keys have very sticky. Been trying to clean them but it hasn't worked
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1255538/h...#post_17215757
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post

How do you manage to do this? This isn't the first time you've mentioned that you spilled a drink on your keyboard.

Either you're flailing your arms about or you have spasms!

Or some jerk friend comes over to toss drinks on your stuff. ;P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

that graph is deceptive, it looks like a HUGE difference between the best and worst, but its only a 6 degree spread, as long as you are well within spec, i wouldn't even bother for 6 degrees

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    that graph is deceptive, it looks like a HUGE difference between the best and worst, but its only a 6 degree spread, as long as you are well within spec, i wouldn't even bother for 6 degrees
    I'm usually against deceptive X and Y scales as well but for that scenario the graph is perfect. The temperatures are clearly written all over the place so anyone should be able to tell the difference :P
    Also 6c is huge -_-
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How do you manage to do this? This isn't the first time you've mentioned that you spilled a drink on your keyboard.

Either you're flailing your arms about or you have spasms!

Or some jerk friend comes over to toss drinks on your stuff. ;P
    I have very flaily movements, got informed by some doctors it was something about my nerves & the fact that I was born 1 month earlier than babies usually do, but I don't know if it's true. Everyone who knows me IRL will easily say I'm the most clumsy person ever :P

Armory