10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Man, proper headphones and a sound-card really do make a difference. What have I been doing the last 25 and a half years?!
    now you get the fun of trying to explain that in every headset thread where the op doesn't want to spend more that $40 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    now you get the fun of trying to explain that to every headset thread where the op doesn't want to spend more that $40 :P
    My headphones were actually 35 Euros, down from 99. Which is about 50 bucks. And the DGX was 37 Euros. So I got headphones, sound card and mike for 80 euros all together. Less than a Logitech G95, about the same as a Steelseries Siberia v2 and the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

And now I just need to find a moment when my friend Chris, who DJs at a club, is available to explain this whole sound thing to me and tell me what all the buttons on the sound card control panel do.

In other news, the touch-screen on my phone is dying. I guess it nearly made it to its 4th birthday (android 1.6 woop).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-04-11 at 01:12 AM.

I'll just stick to my onboard sound and "gaming" headphones, ignorance is bliss
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-11 at 02:40 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Politicus View Post
    Hmm, is anyone getting the option for 3D on Youtube?

I've noticed that some videos are appearing with that option near the quality settings button.
    It appears for videos that are uploaded in 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I'll just stick to my onboard sound and "gaming" headphones, ignorance is bliss
    a Xonar U3 and Steelseries Siberia V2 are more than plenty for basic audiophile needs, i run them on my laptop, and they're awesome for the price point

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To those worried about me, my motherboard, or my insurance on the motherboard, or all of the above, or not worried at all. I say this to you: worry not.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To those worried about me, my motherboard, or my insurance on the motherboard, or all of the above, or not worried at all. I say this to you: worry not.
    do you still recommend the M4 ?
    or is the drive fine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    or is the drive fine?
    If they price the M500 series competitively in a month or two, no one will recommend the M4 at all anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, they just postponed my A5+'s to the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    If they price the M500 series competitively in a month or two, no one will recommend the M4 at all anymore.
    Featuring terabyte-class capacity, increased response times, and an advanced feature set, the Crucial M500 SSD is available now through select global channel partners and at www.crucial.com/ssd. The 2.5-inch drives are available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities with MSRPs of $129.99, $219.99, $399.99, and $599.99, respectively

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/09/c...eview-roundup/

600 bucks for what is essentially a terabyte of SSD storage is crazy cheap IMO. The 120 and 240GB ones are about the same price as the competition, but the high capacity drives are cheaper than pretty much anything else if I'm not mistaken.

Deleted
    Yes, the 1TB drive is really competitively priced. It is however, compared to the M4 series, more expensive on all the other sizes.

It's price is on par with the 840 pro here in the Netherlands, which is rarely outperformed by the M500 in the benchmarks I've seen. Hell, it's often a bit too close to the M4 I would say, for it's current price point.

Then again, I'm not the most experienced guy when it comes to SSD's, so the differences might be negligible in the real world. Also, the price differences on lower size drives is 10-20 bucks, so it might be nitpicking. Still. I wouldn't call it competitively priced just yet..
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-11 at 01:23 PM.

Meh, it isn't like you're going to notice the difference between two SSDs without running benchmark software. You're not going to notice that your programs open 0.05 seconds faster. The average user won't be able to tell the difference between one of the first SATA2 SSDs and a Samsung 840 Pro in a blind test.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Meh, it isn't like you're going to notice the difference between two SSDs without running benchmark software. You're not going to notice that your programs open 0.05 seconds faster. The average user won't be able to tell the difference between one of the first SATA2 SSDs and a Samsung 840 Pro in a blind test.
    I agree, which is why I said I doubt you'll see any performance change in 'the real world'. But, you'll also have to agree that by that reasoning, it would be unwise to buy the 840 Pro or the M500 in most cases. The 840 and M4 will always be a tad cheaper, unless we're talking about the 1TB drive ofc.

That's all I meant by competitively priced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    or is the drive fine?
    If anything, it was the firmware.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive finally decided to get rid of my usb nic and get a pci-e one, my onboard one went bonkers so I had to deal with what I had at the time. Maybe just maybe it will help improve my sucky ip speed....I doubt it though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ive finally decided to get rid of my usb nic and get a pci-e one, my onboard one went bonkers so I had to deal with what I had at the time. Maybe just maybe it will help improve my sucky ip speed....I doubt it though.
    USB network thingers typically suck. A PCI-E one has a far more direct relationship with your motherboard and thus will be faster.

Also, idk if you are wireless, but if you wire up your internet via an Ethernet cable, your latency timings will plunge downward.

My phone's latency on my home's wireless compared to my computer hooked up via a 75 foot Ethernet cable is silly.

On Speedtest.net app, phone gets: 17ms, (probably thanks to having to reset it to get Speedtest to work properly)... 8mbps down, 4mbps up.
    Ran it a second time: 24ms, 13mbps down, 4mbps up.
    3rd for wanting to have a decent group of possibilities: 28ms, 13.5mbps down, 4mbps up.

On Speedtest.net on my computer, I get about 8ms ping, 24 mbps down, 4mbps up.

Wireless is evil I tell ye!
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    USB network thingers typically suck. A PCI-E one has a far more direct relationship with your motherboard and thus will be faster.

Also, idk if you are wireless, but if you wire up your internet via an Ethernet cable, your latency timings will plunge downward.

My phone's latency on my home's wireless compared to my computer hooked up via a 75 foot Ethernet cable is silly.

On Speedtest.net app, phone gets: 17ms, (probably thanks to having to reset it to get Speedtest to work properly)... 8mbps down, 4mbps up.
    Ran it a second time: 24ms, 13mbps down, 4mbps up.
    3rd for wanting to have a decent group of possibilities: 28ms, 13.5mbps down, 4mbps up.

On Speedtest.net on my computer, I get about 8ms ping, 24 mbps down, 4mbps up.

Wireless is evil I tell ye!
    Mines a wired usb, my latency is not too bad, I usally throttle 50-150ms, sometimes it get a bit higher when a download things(300 t0 1000) but then I but reset wow and it tends to help. I am going to end up putting it in my 16x slot as I already use one 1x and my video card blocks the other one. Maybe ill just move the card to the 2nd 16x slot then I can use both 1x's. But it really should not matter either way right?

I really should just get a new motherboard with my soundboard and onboard nic died.....but it sounds like so much work.......

I almost wanted to get a 3.0 usb one just for the sake of testing it.

I was playing with a tablet last week and speedtest.net said I was getting insane upload speeds, not sure if it is bugged or what...
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-11 at 04:40 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Which motherboard do you have? It's typically best to leave the GPU in the main PCI-E 16x slot.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which motherboard do you have? It's typically best to leave the GPU in the main PCI-E 16x slot.
    Asrock extreme 3 gen 3, I got it for a really good price, ima sucker for good deals >.>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Asrock extreme 3 gen 3, I got it for a really good price, ima sucker for good deals >.>.
    YUS!!! I remember when those things first launched and for a good 3-6 months that's all we suggested. XD I'd still use the first main full lane, but the top top 1x slot should work fine. (For the NIC or sound card I mean, you could also put one in the lower full lane.)

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 07:42 PM ----------

I got a job................ JUST WAIT OMG
    "A flower.