Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    7.3 Windows Index Score? That's better than mine: 5.9... because of the graphics card? What? Huh? IT'S TWO GTX 680s!
    z-mobo with integrated enabled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    So, my case has two USB3 ports at the front, and a header which is supposed to be connected to the mobo.

Worked fine on my MSI Z77A-G43. Plugged it in the USB3 socket on mobo, done. Now that I'm using an ASRock Z77 Extreme4, it doesn't actually fit in the USB3 socket on the motherboard.

Any ideas? Are there different sizes? If so, converters? I'm a bit lost.
    Don't want to come across as a douche for quoting myself, but I'd really really love it if anyone has any insight on the above matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, my case has two USB3 ports at the front, and a header which is supposed to be connected to the mobo.

Worked fine on my MSI Z77A-G43. Plugged it in the USB3 socket on mobo, done. Now that I'm using an ASRock Z77 Extreme4, it doesn't actually fit in the USB3 socket on the motherboard.

Any ideas? Are there different sizes? If so, converters? I'm a bit lost.
    Not that I know of. Would it be possible that your old motherboard didn't have internal USB 3.0 ports so you only plugged in the USB 2.0 wire or had a converter somewhere in between? Because it sounds like you are trying to plug USB 3.0 to 2.0 or wise verse.

For the reference here's a pic of both old and new USB internal headers.
    Which one are you trying to connect? And what does the port on your motherboard look like?

Deleted
    Make sure you plug them in correctly oriented; USB 3.0 is 19-pins. I believe PIN0 is missing. There should be a notch on the connector.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...sb30-usb20.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8T6rrSK.jpg

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys!

This is the port I'm trying to plug it into on the motherboard. It's the only port that has this size (roughly, since it doesnt fit by like 1-2mm).

The cable I'm trying to plug in looks exactly like the ones you linked Marest and Ghâzh. The bigger one, that is. The only exception being that it doesn't actually have the notch to show which way to put it in. Ironically, the motherboard doesn't have a little hole where this notch should be going neither. I've tried plugging it in both ways (with limited force, since I didn't want to bend any pins.)

Is it possible it's a fault on the motherboard? Only asking this since it doesn't fit by a maximum of 1-2mm, and I've used this connector on my old motherboard without any issues. Never actually tested speed, but the ports definitely worked.

@Marest: Woops, didn't see you highlighted the exact same port on the mobo. My bad.

Thanks again for the replies! Much appreciated. I don't actually use any USB3 devices yet, but it's bugging me that two out of four available ports at the front simply don't work. (Could live with lower speeds, but not having it work at all is just... a slap in the face for such a new machine. )

Edit.

I'll take it apart this weekend and try to get some pictures showing the actual connector and cable.

Deleted
    <3 game vouchers.
    just bought metro last light for 25 euro
    now lets find out if my titan can manage the torture settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    <3 game vouchers.
    just bought metro last light for 25 euro
    now lets find out if my titan can manage the torture settings.
    Knowing Metro, it'll probably take longer for hardware to appear on the market to run this at 60+fps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Knowing Metro, it'll probably take longer for hardware to appear on the market to run this at 60+fps.
    i really hope deep silver didn't alter that part of the game when they bought it from THQ.
    however i did hear good news about cpu usage and even scaling with HT if not mistaken. (ofc if GPU power is sufficient)

This is pretty impressive.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys!

This is the port I'm trying to plug it into on the motherboard. It's the only port that has this size (roughly, since it doesnt fit by like 1-2mm).

The cable I'm trying to plug in looks exactly like the ones you linked Marest and Ghâzh. The bigger one, that is. The only exception being that it doesn't actually have the notch to show which way to put it in. Ironically, the motherboard doesn't have a little hole where this notch should be going neither. I've tried plugging it in both ways (with limited force, since I didn't want to bend any pins.)

Is it possible it's a fault on the motherboard? Only asking this since it doesn't fit by a maximum of 1-2mm, and I've used this connector on my old motherboard without any issues. Never actually tested speed, but the ports definitely worked.

@Marest: Woops, didn't see you highlighted the exact same port on the mobo. My bad.

Thanks again for the replies! Much appreciated. I don't actually use any USB3 devices yet, but it's bugging me that two out of four available ports at the front simply don't work. (Could live with lower speeds, but not having it work at all is just... a slap in the face for such a new machine. )

Edit.

I'll take it apart this weekend and try to get some pictures showing the actual connector and cable.
    That's the right slot, http://www.pctreiber.net/wp-content/.../2012/04/2.jpg shows a better angle and that it is indeed a USB3.0 header

Shouldn't be any issues hooking it up there. What case do you have?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Am I the only one who finds that virtually all USB 3.0 headers fail to stay connected?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    This is pretty impressive.
    Yes, but not that surprising. The Snapdragon 600 has about the same performance as the AMD Fusion E-350.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    snip
    I am jelly.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Fib...ber,22118.html

2 Gbps for a upfront 540$ installation and 50$ a month, it just makes me rage, I want it:/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am jelly.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Fib...ber,22118.html

2 Gbps for a upfront 540$ installation and 50$ a month, it just makes me rage, I want it:/
    Don't worry, every north american ISP will still bitch and cry that bandwidth is scarce, rare, and expensive. And 99% of people will believe it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Don't worry, every north american ISP will still bitch and cry that bandwidth is scarce, rare, and expensive. And 99% of people will believe it.

I am willing to accept our google overlords! Hell you can have a monoploy as long as you provide better service then the current ones(it is not hard), I am even for runniing my internet through my pipes if that is what I have to do...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here knows how to turn off the feature where windows goes to desktop and tells you to turn on windows basic, it says it's running out of resources or something ><.

Stop alt-tabbing out of full-screen mode games then, silly!!

In all honesty though, I do not know how to fix that. But it doesn't really bother me that much, it's rare enough these days.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Am I the only one who finds that virtually all USB 3.0 headers fail to stay connected?
    Coming complety loose or?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Coming complety loose or?
    Yes. This has been a continuous issue across around a multitude of cases.