The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if I was to upgrade my GPU right now, it would be to an AMD 7900 series, because AMD is actually offering a decent game bundle and I can get a 7950 for $300. All NVidia offers at that pricepoint is a 660 Ti and MAYBE Metro Last Light.

Wowwwweeeeee...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Honestly, if I was to upgrade my GPU right now, it would be to an AMD 7900 series, because AMD is actually offering a decent game bundle and I can get a 7950 for $300. All NVidia offers at that pricepoint is a 660 Ti and MAYBE Metro Last Light.

Wowwwweeeeee...

The only thing I would want to play would be tomb raider and that does not come with 7970:/.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    7870 lol

I have been watching Jesse Cox/OMFGCata's play-through of Bioshock Infinite, seems pretty spectacular, to be fair.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    tbh in game quality im pretty sure metro last light > the whole AMD reloaded bundle.
    the fact it requires a titan for optimal graphic experience made me smile for days already.
    deltrus didn't you have some dream about getting a titan aswell?

ps: update cpu leaderboards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    tbh in game quality im pretty sure metro last light > the whole AMD reloaded bundle.
    the fact it requires a titan for optimal graphic experience made me smile for days already.
    deltrus didn't you have some dream about getting a titan aswell?

ps: update cpu leaderboards
    Dream and that is it. I don't really have any super omg look at this f'ing graphics games I play.

Thus no need.

I shall see to the CPU thread shortly.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will not have to reinstall drivers when I get my 7970 if I already have the drivers for the 6950 since it list 7970 and 6950 on the drivers that I have in stalled correct? Or should I just uninstall the 6950 one and install 7970 one?

Microsoft vs Google, which giant wills win?

Google is basically asking(making) microsoft take off its youtube ap because it does not show ads. Microsoft says it is welcome to ads if Google Supplies the necessary API's.

SilverStone will roll out a new front panel utility
    It will have 3 usb 3.0 and 1 high powered usb 3.0(keyboards and charging things), and will have a multi-card reader. Front panel come in black white and silver.

Sharp Ultra-hd(2,560x1,440-3,200x1,800) coming to laptops, will also bring them to tablets and smartphones.

They will be showing of their lcd panles at Vancouver, Canada from May 21 to 23

EA Eliminates Online Pass system

Fudzilla rumors that GTX 780 will come out on May 23, 645$(or 500 euros, though they do not always do a straight conversion)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I will not have to reinstall drivers when I get my 7970 if I already have the drivers for the 6950 since it list 7970 and 6950 on the drivers that I have in stalled correct? Or should I just uninstall the 6950 one and install 7970 one?

SilverStone will roll out a new front panel utility
    It will have 3 usb 3.0 and 1 high powered usb 3.0(keyboards and charging things), and will have a multi-card reader. Front panel come in black white and silver.
    Always uninstall and install new drivers, period.

Keyboards aren't high powered. :P Keyboards will work just fine on USB 2.0.

USB 3.0 is for E-HDDs that can handle it, charging devices that actually support USB 3.0 (many still do not), and basically that. =/
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost shocking how the newest phones and PMP's aren't equipped with USB3.0, the technology has been out since goddamn 2008.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Because internal transfer speeds would bottleneck it anyway. It's basically an unnecessary cost to implement USB 3.0 in phones at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Always uninstall and install new drivers, period.

Keyboards aren't high powered. :P Keyboards will work just fine on USB 2.0.

USB 3.0 is for E-HDDs that can handle it, charging devices that actually support USB 3.0 (many still do not), and basically that. =/
    Well I remember having a keyboard which required an extra power source, so was thinking a high powered USB you would not need the extra power source>.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's almost shocking how the newest phones and PMP's aren't equipped with USB3.0, the technology has been out since goddamn 2008.
    I know no phones don't, but some tablets have a USB.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-05-17 at 12:35 PM.

Because SD cards are really slow in comparison to USB 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Because SD cards are really slow in comparison to USB 3?
    Well use flash memory dammit! If 128gb USB3 sticks can exist then why the hell can't that be put into a phone? Most SD cards (or microSD) I've used have pathetic ~4-5mb/s write speeds.

^ Inside that fancy casing there's simply a thin PCB with a series of flash chips on it, 128gb zooming at USB3 speeds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well use flash memory dammit! If 128gb USB3 sticks can exist then why the hell can't that be put into a phone? Most SD cards (or microSD) I've used have pathetic ~4-5mb/s write speeds.

^ Inside that fancy casing there's simply a thin PCB with a series of flash chips on it, 128gb zooming at USB3 speeds.
    I am guessing since cameras and such already had sds, they were easy to add to phones, but adding it to usbs might be harder. Also it might take too much room to make a usb compatible device rather then a sd one? It is most likely also cheaper. Sd also look much better, they fit instead the device, while a a usb in external so it does not look/feel as good.

Deleted
    I think the HTC One achieves about 30Mb/s transfer speeds (read and write).

Reason they don't use higher NAND capacity flash units is because of streaming and cloud services and partly the fact that they can still milk money from a larger storage capacity (just look at the $100 difference between the different models of iPhone 5s) and price/space constraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing since cameras and such already had sds, they were easy to add to phones, but adding it to usbs might be harder. Also it might take too much room to make a usb compatible device rather then a sd one? It is most likely also cheaper. Sd also look much better, they fit instead the device, while a a usb in external so it does not look/feel as good.
    Wait hang on, from what I know the best way to add data to an SD card (already inside the phone) is by using the extremely common USB2 micro-A or micro-B connector or some proprietary equivalent (iPhones):

You plug the male end of the cable into the phone, data goes in at USB2 speeds but even the fastest SD cards today can only write at ~5-10mb/s.

Aaaand this is a USB3 micro-A connector, just as thin but a bit wider, easily installable in a phone because all USB3 pocket drives us this connector:

So all I'm suggesting is that you take the PCB+flash chips based on a USB3 drive and put that storage into a phone, and you give the phone a female USB3 micro-A connector like this one:

Basically imagine that black thing is the phone but it's using a flash-memory PCB, this is how small it is:

The rest can go to the phone's CPU/etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    GUH! I had 2 packages coming today, both of them fedex. One came...but the other one didn't...unless they were on different vehicles my fedex man is a ninja and I never heard him>.<. It does say they went out on different times so I think they are on different trucks. The one that went out last came first....damn the logic!

15+ Year Old Account
    GUH! I had 2 packages coming today, both of them fedex. One came...but the other one didn't...unless they were on different vehicles my fedex man is a ninja and I never heard him>.<. It does say they went out on different times so I think they are on different trucks. The one that went out last came first....damn the logic!
    Because you are their only client today? :P Just be patient.. It comes when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Because you are their only client today? :P Just be patient.. It comes when it comes.
    *It comes when you're out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    *It comes when you're out
    dat timing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    It came in...I tried using a cable labeled cpui(I am using it is for cpu?) and it made this horrible noise, so I took it out and used a molex connector for it. I would use a good plain 4x2 pin with out using molex but I can not find my other modular cables>.<. Unistalling drivers now:}.