A lot of 750W PSUs simply wouldn't have enough power connectors for Cyanotical's computer.

Deleted
    I wasn't suggesting a 750W PSU, I was simply asking for peak load.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marest, what diameter cable sleeving did you use, 1/8" (3mm)? And what width was the shrinktube. Thinking of sleeving my PSU.

Deleted
    I'm using the Corsair Sleeved Cables kit for the AX-series. For my peripheral/miscellaneous cables I'm using 3mm black sleeving and 4mm shrinktube from a sleeving starter kit (which included sleeving up to 11mm in width).

If you want to start sleeving I'd suggest you don't do as I did; get proper stuff from the get-go, e.g. from http://en.mdpc-x.com/. The price difference is moot when wagering in the increase in quality. You will need a cable dismounting kit as well, but those can be found for like €20 or so (4-piece kit).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i wasn't going to buy a kit, those seemed to have too many different stuff which i'm not using. Was planning to buy from this site:

35meters of this: http://www.aquatuning.nl/product_inf...UV-wit-1m.html
    10times these: http://www.aquatuning.nl/product_inf...-wit-30cm.html (shrink ratio is 3:1, so it shrinks enough for 3mm).
    and this for removal: http://www.aquatuning.nl/product_inf...d-stekker.html
    Supposed to be an all in 1 removal tool.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-07-08 at 11:00 AM.

So I can hear a faint high-pitched noise seemingly coming from my computer, haven't figured out what it is yet but it's highly irritating.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i have no idea, i loaned my kil-a-watt to a friend and he moved and took it with him, i haven't got around to getting another, when i max out my computer, i tend to max out everything, so it becomes a power hog, i highly doubt a 750 is gonna provide the needed amps on the rail to drive 4 gpus and a 4.6Ghz hex core, i could probably get away with a 1000w though
    Hmm think the CPU alone at that frequency uses 280W. According to nvidia's specs a 690 has a max power draw of 300W but seems like the bios is limiting the power to 170W. So 340 (170x2) + ~400W (cpu+including rest of system), a 750W should be fine to run prime95+furmark but in normal gaming doubt it will be close.

Yate loon fans are really trash or whatever they use on their flextronics units. Mine is chirping or grinding, etc.. They haven't been anything else than a horror for me >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Hmm think the CPU alone at that frequency uses 280W. According to nvidia's specs a 690 has a max power draw of 300W but seems like the bios is limiting the power to 170W. So 340 (170x2) + ~400W (cpu+including rest of system), a 750W should be fine to run prime95+furmark but in normal gaming doubt it will be close.

Yate loon fans are really trash or whatever they use on their flextronics units. Mine is chirping or grinding, etc.. They haven't been anything else than a horror for me >.<
    280W sounds about right, but i also have boosted power to PCI and memory, along with a full bank of ram, and hard drives

but this PSU has been through alot, i originally bought it for my 990x and 590 quad setup, which was a pure power hog, 1187W at full load

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    So I can hear a faint high-pitched noise seemingly coming from my computer, haven't figured out what it is yet but it's highly irritating.
    Probably coilwhine. My personal experience points to the GPU or SSD (yes SSD).

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Probably coilwhine. My personal experience points to the GPU or SSD (yes SSD).
    Could also be the chipset on the motherboard.

I get a bit of coil-whine when starting minecraft, I think my graphics card doesn't appreciate the way that the vsync doesn't appear to take effect until I load a world, meaning that it is probably pushing 300+ FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i'm about to order the Gigabyte Z87M-D3H + 4670K. Any remarks whether i should or not?

Should be a solid choice. Overclocking potential is mainly limited by what the silicon lottery throws at you with Haswell, so as long as the motherboard has all the features that you want, along with a colour scheme you like (seriously Asus, what the fuck were you thinking?) it should be a good choice. Make sure your RAM is supported though, that CPU might not appreciate being told to use 1.5+V RAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the board needed a PCI-slot, so it limited my choice somewhat, and from the choices i got this was the one with VRM cooling (eventhough it's only 4phases, i think it should still do about 4.2 when i want to) and a non-carnaval colorscheme (wtf is up with the retarded gold/blue colors D: ). Memory is 1.5V 1600mhz, should be fine then. Should be a nice upgrade from a i5-760.

You're aware that it is a micro-ATX board, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You're aware that it is a micro-ATX board, aren't you?
    Yep, making a uATX build. Corsair 350D / H60

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Could also be the chipset on the motherboard.

I get a bit of coil-whine when starting minecraft, I think my graphics card doesn't appreciate the way that the vsync doesn't appear to take effect until I load a world, meaning that it is probably pushing 300+ FPS.
    Yeah it drives me nuts how some games do this... -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well I cant hear it anymore, either I'm used to it or it's genuinely gone. Then again, I did move around the SSD so that could have fixed it. Either way I'm glad it's gone, now it's just tinnitus.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah it drives me nuts how some games do this... -.-
    Simple, enable in ncp adaptive vsync in global settings and you shouldn't hear it anymore. If it's set for a specific application only and not in global, it will just be like Butler log said :P

@Evil Inside, I have coil whine coming from the PSU when I'm running something like as ssd, disabling the power saving options such as C1E really help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    enable in ncp adaptive vsync
    Assuming they have nvidia cards.

At one point, AX-series from Corsair were pretty much guaranteed to coil whine with ASUS-motherboards (solved in later revisions, not sure of which) under certain scenarios, and motherboards from MSI with P67 and z68 had a tendency to whine under small loads.

My nVidia-cards have never liked login-screens, with/without Vsync. My Radeon-card only whined during Kombustor, but not FurMark proper.

^^
    &nbsp;