15+ Year Old Account
    I was having 3d acceleration problems and thought that my card was dieing on me, but i figured it out. It was only happening when I started watching movies in full screen, it just happens to be a bug with the media player. So I will just switch to using another media player.

I am not sure if I want to try to crossfire my 7970(the prices are getting pretty good now) or just grab a r9-290.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Mehhh, my bad luck continues. Received my new A5's, wrong color

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I was having 3d acceleration problems and thought that my card was dieing on me, but i figured it out. It was only happening when I started watching movies in full screen, it just happens to be a bug with the media player. So I will just switch to using another media player.

I am not sure if I want to try to crossfire my 7970(the prices are getting pretty good now) or just grab a r9-290.
    I don't think the jump to r9-290 - even if you do manage to sell your 7970 - is worth it for the money difference in the options, really.
    I'd grab another 7970 and sit out a generation or two. You'd still have Mantle!

What the fuck happened to Bitcoins Oo. 470 USD/Bitcoin! All the people who had serious mining rigs 2 years ago are millionaires if they didn't sell them too soon. God damn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    What the fuck happened to Bitcoins Oo. 470 USD/Bitcoin! All the people who had serious mining rigs 2 years ago are millionaires if they didn't sell them too soon. God damn!
    new public interest, investors are starting to look at bitcoins as the next gold, stock investors are good in the short term but very bad in the long run (personally i think the whole practice should be abolished)
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-11-17 at 05:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I don't think the jump to r9-290 - even if you do manage to sell your 7970 - is worth it for the money difference in the options, really.
    I'd grab another 7970 and sit out a generation or two. You'd still have Mantle!
    That does not seem too bad, if I get a 280x then I can also get battlefield 4...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

so sick and fucking tired of this nvidia bullshit can i please be allowed to play a game while watching a movie without whitescreening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    so sick and fucking tired of this nvidia bullshit can i please be allowed to play a game while watching a movie without whitescreening
    Ive never had problems with this.

It's a daily issue for my laptop. Since I bought it. :P
    Stupid Optimus not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh its not on your desktop. Cant you just turn off the igpu?

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK laptops integrate their iGPU's with their discrete GPU's...somehow. At least, that's how my Asus N55SF works. If I uninstall Intel Graphics drivers it doesn't even detect the GT555M lol.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Have an ASUS N43SN, GT550M, works without the intel driver -- I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I want a new phone.
    ...buuuut I kind of don't want to trade away from this ones' battery-life
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8-21-51-34.png

- - - Updated - - -

Soooooooooooo. Does anyone know what causes this, and how I can fix it?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...119_022150.mp4

It ONLY seems to happen when videos are playing, either through stream or actual movie. And only with sound on
    It's starting to be fucking annoying, esp since I can't do that and game at the same time.
    The frequency has picked up lately, since it previously only happened when gaming AND movies/stream. Now it happens during movies as well.
    This has happened intermittently since day #1, but now it's several times per day

Is this an nVidia issue, an Optimus issue, or an Intel issue, how do I troubleshoot this?
    Can I disable the iGPU? I can not do this in BIOS.

Do you have hardware acceleration for Flash activated?

I mean, if somebody showed me that video without any context, I'd say that something was dying.

What would happen if you went into the Device Manager, and deactivated or uninstalled the Intel graphics chip? And by that, I mean, what if you did this:

I don't know how those "dual" graphics with nVidia optimus work though, and whether the discrete card needs the integrated chip to work to be able to display the output or not.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-11-19 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my Xonar DX arrived. My god, that extreme4 onboard "purity sound" is a load of PR bullshit. What a huge difference, even on my Vulcan Headset. Tomorrow my (black) A5's arrive back, can't wait.

@Tetris, are you sure that nothing is physically broken? Like an instable iGPU or GPU.

You must not have gotten the memo. There is no difference between a sound card and integrated sound. No one can hear the difference unless they are looking for it. Complete placebo effect

Also, not sure on that part, it's something I'm suspecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    So my Xonar DX arrived. My god, that extreme4 onboard "purity sound" is a load of PR bullshit. What a huge difference, even on my Vulcan Headset. Tomorrow my (black) A5's arrive back, can't wait.
    Twiddle with the EQ a bit, Xonar cards sound a tad dull with at flat settings. Depending on music of course :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The onboard in question had a particularly poor frequency response (0.3db), about as bad as a B75 onboard.
    http://nl.hardware.info/productinfo/...d=1550&tcId=47
    The effect is that the details are completely muddy. Besides, the card is not expensive enough to reside in some sort of denial because you've invested so much. I wouldn't say i notice a difference if I didn't.

I know it's your personal opinion, judging by the way you ended your comment, but on what grounds do you base this theory I wonder.
    And besides, it's to date completely impossible to judge for someone else what they hear/don't hear. I don't think we've invented a sensory I/O for the human body to exchange ones senses.

@Xuvial, yeah i'm doing that already, using the Uni drivers btw.
    Music atm is Fink - Sort of Revolution (flac)
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-11-19 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    @Xuvial, yeah i'm doing that already, using the Uni drivers btw.
    Music atm is Fink - Sort of Revolution (flac)
    Those gave me a bit of trouble (although they're supposed to be more stable than stock drivers), my hotkey for switching between headphones/speakers stopped working and sometimes it wouldn't even load on startup.

Ended up going back to Asus ones, it works for me, does the job. Audio drivers in general can be a bit of a bitch with stability (as Deltrus knows), I've found it's best to find something that works and then NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Used standard drivers on my D1, but it was recommended to me to use the Uni drivers.

I was being sarcastic about it not being a difference, saying it's no difference. people say it's placebo, but then again they also say the razer charizard is the best headset evur.

Also, xonar cards sound completely fine in a flat eq! Sennheisers do not though.

Phone, so screw grammar