I was in the same boat a few years back. I picked up one BTC for 9600 a couple of weeks ago, I'm going to be holding onto this for awhile, might buy more when BTC hits another correction. I do see LTC and ETH making big gains in the near future as well.

Basically I'm only using 1/5 of the money I had in higher risk investments from my stock portfolio, I'd never risk money I need for retirement etc. The money I used for this is merely to see where it goes, I still put a good 90% of the money I invest into safer, long term investments. But I do see what you mean with how volatile it is and if someone is putting all their eggs into one basket then I see it as bad move, granted that works for any kind of investments as it's always good to diversify.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.

I really don't understand people who say the "stock market is too volatile/risky for them" and turn around and fucking own bitcoins. GTFO
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Back in my day, I used to farm several bitcoins a day and sell them for peanuts.

Boy do I feel stupid today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I should mine. :P Pay off some debt rofl
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have figured out how to stop websites from trying to stop you from using right click things...uBlock is my savior.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Right click things?
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Right click things?
    Like images? Trying to save them or copying text.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Like images? Trying to save them or copying text.
    Ahh.

I can't stand it when there's articles written or whatever, I want to copy a section and maybe post it to Facebook and they go AH AH AH, no you don't, THIEF!

Like, damn, I wasn't going to make money off your shit. -.-
    "A flower.

AH AH AH, no you don't, THIEF!
    I'm pretty sure you forgot to say the magic word...

Also, NoScript. I wouldn't run random exes from every website I visit, so why on earth would I let them (and other sites they delegate to) run any 'ole script they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming... Desks...

Let me take a guess, they're twice as expensive as normal desks and offer nothing over those? Just buy a decent desk from a manufacturer that has nothing to do with gaming and you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Gaming... Desks...

Let me take a guess, they're twice as expensive as normal desks and offer nothing over those? Just buy a decent desk from a manufacturer that has nothing to do with gaming and you should be fine.
    Where does this stem from?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, I deleted the ad post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who of you is active on Final Fantasy XIV?

And those of you that aren't... WHY NOT?!
    "A flower.

Who of you is active on Final Fantasy XIV?

And those of you that aren't... WHY NOT?!
    I played FFXIV for a little bit (got lancer/monk into the 30s, warrior to 20 or so, then a selection of others to the teens), and I had a pretty good time doing so. This was also before their first expansion whose name I can't remember.

If it was either a) one of my first MMOs or b) I had a group of friends playing it with me, I could see myself playing more of it. Thing is, I was still raiding in WoW at the time, and while FF did things differently, it was still just similar enough that I had an idea of what to expect. There is also the fact that there is so much more to learn now and I have this feeling that I wouldn't be able to enjoy some of the leveling experience (watching cutscenes and the like) without other players rushing, etc.

One last critique I'd give it was that melee combat wasn't as responsive as WoW. If a mob was running away and you were trying to hit it, it was a bit of a crap shoot if a skill would actually go off or just say "out of range." Not the end of the world (when leveling), but still annoying.

It may sound like I'm being a bit down on it, but I'm really not. Overall, the player base was quite pleasant and accommodating. I loved the job system (one main that can do many things, with cross job skills giving you an incentive to level additional jobs, thus bolstering lower level dungeons, etc). The combat had a more deliberate pace with the skill chains and positional requirements (esp monks) - reminded me of DAOC. I was pretty engrossed with the story, and I lament a bit that I haven't seen it through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come baaaack. <3

By first expansion do you mean when Final Fantasy XIV was shut down and they relaunched it as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, or the expansion expansion: Heavensward, and now the second being Stormblood?
    "A flower.

Come baaaack. <3

By first expansion do you mean when Final Fantasy XIV was shut down and they relaunched it as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, or the expansion expansion: Heavensward, and now the second being Stormblood?
    I'd wait until at least until January, I'll be traveling over Christmas and won't have access to a gaming machine. No point wasting sub time while away.

By first expansion I meant Heavensward; I thought A Realm Reborn was a re-release, not an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I'd wait until at least until January, I'll be traveling over Christmas and won't have access to a gaming machine. No point wasting sub time while away.

By first expansion I meant Heavensward; I thought A Realm Reborn was a re-release, not an expansion.
    I *think* ARR was a re-release with some additional content added/changed.
    "A flower.

I *think* ARR was a re-release with some additional content added/changed.
    As I recall, FFXIV launched nearly universally bad reviews. It was so bad that Square basically reworked the entire game (combat, menus, story, etc) and relaunched it as ARR. For example, the "warriors of light" (I'm sure I got the name wrong, but basically the warriors that saved the world the first time before ARR) were actually players of the original version of FFXIV, and the of vanilla event was where players saved the world.

So, it was more than just "some additional/changed content." (Wow, that's the "wink" emoji? That's a lot sassier than I would've expected from a wink. I thought that was smirk or something.)

Also, NoScript. I wouldn't run random exes from every website I visit, so why on earth would I let them (and other sites they delegate to) run any 'ole script they want?
    Not to quote myself, just using this as a reference to a prior conversation - but I guess I should add my ISP to the list of people that I can't trust not to fuck around with rogue javascript. (Comcast sometimes will inject 400+ lines of javascript to websites.)

10+ Year Old Account
    As I recall, FFXIV launched nearly universally bad reviews. It was so bad that Square basically reworked the entire game (combat, menus, story, etc) and relaunched it as ARR. For example, the "warriors of light" (I'm sure I got the name wrong, but basically the warriors that saved the world the first time before ARR) were actually players of the original version of FFXIV, and the of vanilla event was where players saved the world.

So, it was more than just "some additional/changed content." (Wow, that's the "wink" emoji? That's a lot sassier than I would've expected from a wink. I thought that was smirk or something.)

Not to quote myself, just using this as a reference to a prior conversation - but I guess I should add my ISP to the list of people that I can't trust not to fuck around with rogue javascript. (Comcast sometimes will inject 400+ lines of javascript to websites.)
    I knew all that. :P
    "A flower.