The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51 View Post
    If you make it, I'll join it.

Slack does have voice and video chat - not sure why you'd want it, but it's there. I only recommended it on the assumption a bunch of people already have to use it. I don't know much about discord, but I'd describe slack as a web-based IRC program with mobile / desktop applications (electron mind-you) for all the major platforms if you'd rather not use a browser.

For what it's worth, I had/have a mjolnir to go with that gungnir and—as a person that doesn't really claim to be an audio expert—I couldn't really tell the difference between my little desktop headphone set and the other stuff people had (like the other schiit products and the O2 stuff). It was good but they all were. The differences certainly did not justify spending 3-5x more than most people do. Maybe you're more sensitive than me though.

Sort of related, I lugged speakers home tonight and got things plugged in. No DAC right now, and I'm not really sure where I'll put it when it's back, but things seem to be working. Here's a small video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXdLb2-G--A

No I just need some wall art and my new chair to get here.
    What song was that?

I'll be honest, I hardly hear a difference too when making comparisons. I don't know how high-end of headphones you have atm, but I think there is a vague, slim difference when you're using them. I'm certainly interested to see the difference if I got to use, say, some Audeze or something. I just don't really think something like my Sennheiser HD 598s will show much of a difference between onboard audio and the Schiit gear. Oh well. lol

Still, the Schiit stuff looks nice and has a neat knob.

Going super expensive gear is where I halt myself, because I'd really want to test before buying. I'm just not convinced there's that much more in my music I'm not hearing. Ya know? And if I'm going to buy some gargantuan, expensive setup of DAC/AMP stuff, then you better believe it I'm going to get a pair of these Adam Audio A7X studio monitors and their subwoofer.

And I'd then determine headphone upgrades, I'd certainly like to experience some Audeze of some kind.

I've heard the Adam Audio monitors though, sans subwoofer, and they do sound really damned nice. My friend who is a longterm employee at my local Sam Ash put on a couple .wav files of the Star Wars main theme and the Imperial March on those speakers and MAN do the horns sound like real ones in front of you. Holy smokes.

For now though, my Presonus monitors and KRK subwoofer are more than excellent enough. They sound wonderful. That's all that matters!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll create a slack workspace later when I'm done raiding.

Invite link sent to everybody except a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51 because you don't have PM activated.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-01-10 at 09:48 PM.

I'll flip it on temporarily
    pm sent

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say I'm very skeptical of claims that have no plausible explanation for how they could possibly be true (e.g.,painting the edges of your CDs with a $75 green sharpie will make them sound better).
    lol WHAT /10char
    "A flower.

I am gonna investigate this slack thingie. I already use discord, but I am a bit of skeptic toward new chat services, even with slack's excellent track record.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol WHAT /10char
    It was a real myth in the early 00s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I am gonna investigate this slack thingie. I already use discord, but I am a bit of skeptic toward new chat services, even with slack's excellent track record.

It was a real myth in the early 00s.
    Professional-looking Discord describes it well. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What's hilarious?
    Calling a 55" display a monitor.

I think I may have had my name changed for me. I will investigate this slack thing for sure.

Interesting to see that I could still post? That seems unintended.
    Ping @chaud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Calling a 55" display a monitor.
    But it has displayport.

My computer was stolen at Starbucks, I hope that this will never happen to you, guys

3+ Year Old Account
    What pc do you guys use for gaming? need suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHenry View Post
    My computer was stolen at Starbucks, I hope that this will never happen to you, guys
    Apple is embedding new technologies into their products which will make stealing them completely useless. I am more concerned about stealing our personal data. Constantly hear about different data leakages (

Hey lads,

I'm treating myself to a new system and was wondering what good memory would be to put in this little beast:

Intel Core i7-10700K Tray
    € 442,86 € 442,86

Gigabyte Aorus Z490I Ultra
    € 261,25 € 261,25

NZXT H210i
    € 115,90 € 115,90

NZXT Kraken X63
    € 144,90 € 144,90

Corsair RM750x (2018) Zwart
    € 127,- € 127,-

WD Blue SN550 1TB (WDS100T2B0C)
    € 134,72 € 134,72

I was looking at 3600mhz gskillz, but then you have that led non sense. I love the Dominators in my 8700k system, but those seem to be discontinued.

Any tips on good, XMP compiant, fast memory, preferebly without led? Oh and do you think I should stick to 16gb or go a step further to 32gb?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Popping a thread in builds might be a recommended idea.

What will you use the build for? And what are you seeking to achieve with the upgrade? Or is this a separate system? You do not mention GPU so I assumed upgrade. There is little gain if it is a true upgrade path, and if your goal is gaming.

If you intend to do more than gaming that at all utilise the CPU, Ryzen really is the way to go. It has a higher IPC than Intel's offering, better clock for clock, but lacking in high clock speeds offsets this slightly in single-threaded tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by shiazzyy View Post
    What pc do you guys use for gaming? need suggestions
    There is a special thread with computer configurations. You can see all cfg there.

So I thought it was this year but turns out not, my PSU is now over 10 years old and still chugging along, thought I'd give it a 10 year birthday celebration (belated now though)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up a new mouse yesterday. The Corsair Dark Core Pro SE was on sale for $120 and I figured it was the best buy for me due to its connectivity versatility. I am ordering a laptop this week for school, an MSI Prestige 15 266CA model which has the latest Intel i7 1185G7, 16 GB of LPXDDR4 4266 memory and a GTX 1650 for a low low cost of $1300 CAD after tax. Since it has Bluetooth built in, I can use the mouse on either my desktop via the RF dongle or on the laptop since the mouse has Bluetooth as well.

I am fairly green to the world of PC building and have gotten my feet wet with my gaming build that I went off of MMO-C with advice from a few here and couldn't be happier. That being said I need some advice or possibly recommendations on a few Workstations for my shop. I need the PC to be able to run Quickbooks as well as some Video editing software for our YouTube videos we post and also be able to browse several internet pages basically all at the same time in a quick manner I need large amounts of storage but want to run the major software pieces off an SSD. and 2 screens is a must. any help would be much appreciated.

I'm happy to see this thread come to fruition, I'm not sure how many people I've PMed asking for it (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has), but I can think of at least two in the last month. I'm just a little worried that the thread will be hard to keep going, since it is in the Fun Stuff section. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I am fairly green to the world of PC building and have gotten my feet wet with my gaming build that I went off of MMO-C with advice from a few here and couldn't be happier. That being said I need some advice or possibly recommendations on a few Workstations for my shop. I need the PC to be able to run Quickbooks as well as some Video editing software for our YouTube videos we post and also be able to browse several internet pages basically all at the same time in a quick manner I need large amounts of storage but want to run the major software pieces off an SSD. and 2 screens is a must. any help would be much appreciated.
    Not sure if you still come around here and I realize it's been over a year, but for future computer build/peripherals help, I'd really suggest posting in the official computer forums! This is a rather dead chat thread that was meant to be more informal.
    "A flower.